6 Must-Haves for Your Carry-on Bag

I cost less than P1,500

a person could go SO off topic with that...

good idea though.  will have to look into it for times traveling with family.

• Like 1
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lamoe

• Salty Dog

• Mikala

• miles-high

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This isn't my list, but thought it was worth passing on. I'm sure many of you can add to the list, including things that a person should carry with them when coming to the Philippines.   Medications

No one carrying a laptop/tablet? Or you guys just carry a smartphone? (Some security guys/carriers still not accepting the boarding passes on the phone…)   Anyway, since I replaced my laptop with a

especially if you are flying to Asia coz the local  ones for sale are way way too small .  

Posted Images

miles-high

Well, here’s a perpetual traveler’s version/contents of a carry-on… :D

I’d travel up to 2, 3 weeks with just a carry-on only... that is an international carry-on size (22”H, shorter than the US size, you would need this when you fly city-hoppers in EU)… I only take a large check-in suitcase when I need to bring back some pasalubongs... :D

1) Clothes for 3 to 5 days, on every 3 days, send them out to the hotel laundry which would be rather inexpensive in the SEA countries… in the US, most business hotels have laundromat, in EU countries, there is a web page which shows location of the lavarees…

Also, a small winter jacket (rolled down to a small beer-can size) in winter (warm enough for most occasions), there are some “vacuum” pouches for your clothes if you need to pack more… a pair of running shoes, compressed…

2) Small traveler version of the tooth paste, shaving and hair gels, triple antibiotic cream and condoms, hehe ;)

3) A tablet, wireless router, power supplies, an LED flashlight, aux USB battery…

In addition, I carry a small briefcase (more like a messenger type soft case with a shoulder strap) which contain my passport, wallet, docs, etc. :D

• Like 1
Mikala

Is such a list a sign you were or were not in the boy scouts?

Sorry, I'm an engineer and ex-military. No Boy Scouts experience in my past.

Note: I only take a small backpack for carry-on. I'd rather pay the fees for the airline to handle the luggage and I got tired of the overhead bin storage problem.

• Like 1
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

Note: I only take a small backpack for carry-on. I'd rather pay the fees for the airline to handle the luggage and I got tired of the overhead bin storage problem.

Same here. I have a friend who refuses to check his baggage so he ends up carrying 8-10 kilo in his carry-on hoping he doesn't get caught.  He only wears gym shorts and tee shirts. Doesn't even wear underwear so he can keep his weight down.  :biggrin_01:

My pack which is usually at about 5 kilos when loaded carries a surprising amount of things. Passport & documents, business cards, pens and highlighters, paperclips & rubber bands, spare glasses, glasses repair kit, mini binoculars, cell phone with spare battery, camera, iPad, net-book, chargers, bluetooth headset, wired earphones, ear plugs, small LED flash light, first-aid kit, one change of clothes, towel, hand sanitizer, hand/face wet wipes, roll of TP, personal hygiene items, prescription drugs, a bottle or two of water (bought after checkpoint of course) and on occasion food for a longer flight.

Edited by Salty Dog
  • Like 1
contraman

I think that 90% of travelers should read this thread

The amount of stuff people bring on as cabin baggage these days?

Lol that's awesome. Must be union work.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Back on topic Mr. Anti Union. 

<-- anti-union too.

Once, I was in a hurry to catch a plane. Didn't realize I had a brand new bottle of Scotch in my bag when I went to board the plane. They checked it. They actually expected me to go back to the check in counter. I gave it to the guy - who had probably never seen a bottle of it before. Davao City, 2007. 

So, one thing to NOT include in your carry on - a bottle of Scotch. 

David_LivinginTalisay

Here is a suggestion (having just done this from CEB-HKG):-

Have a small handy 'Shoulder bag' - big enough (just) to hold cell phone/tablet, watch, keys, pen, flash drives, coins, and your Passport!

Then when it comes to X-Ray, one does not have to remove all the items in ones pockets and put the in the plastic tray togothroughthe X-Ray machine. Than take them out and put back in your pockets - so much easier, just to put the smallshoulder bag with all these items in and lift it out when it has gone through.

This was the 'Tianium' shoulder bag, that I bought for Anzhelkica's 7" Tablet. Sha Sha said she would buy asmall bag more suited to a little girl. Best I carry my Passport etc in that nice handy shoulder bag.

Worked a treat with 4 x zipped pockets and some having inner pockets, within the pocket!

Mikala
Have a small handy 'Shoulder bag' - big enough

You mean carry a "man-bag"? Otherwise known as a purse, clutch, handbag?  :hyper:    :biggrin_01:

What if it don't match my heels?? 

Edited by Mikala

You mean carry a "man-bag"? Otherwise known as a purse, clutch, handbag?  :hyper:    :biggrin_01:

What if it don't match my heels?? 

Then bring the beig and blacks ones - they go with everything :stick_poke:

• Like 1
miles-high

You mean carry a "man-bag"? Otherwise known as a purse, clutch, handbag? What if it don't match my heels??

I guess it comes down to… if you want to be practical or if you want to keep your “macho” image in lieu of the practicality…

The messenger bags are practical – the shoulder straps are strong enough to deter the snatchers…

Inside you find more pockets, zippered compartments to store wallet, money, cards, passport, etc. safely... 

Your arm can hold it further to protect the bag as needed…

The side pocket is a perfect size to carry a Seecamp…

b.png

At 182cm, I don’t need any heals… ;) and the color black goes well with many things…

lvs.png