Does your wife's family insist on laying on your beds when they visit?

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

Can't believe all this talk about locks, installing extra doors etc. 

I do not need to lock my bedroom door. I don't even need to close it. My in-laws, or any other visitor will not go in there. The maid will not go in there without asking ma'am first. 

IF this were specifically my wife's family doing this I would tell her to get them out of my house and teach them how to behave like humans before inviting them back.

• Like 2
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brucewayne

• Wolfpack

• RogerDuMond

• streak03

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Do your inlaws not clean themselves as they should? I'm actually shocked to hear this, knowing how clean so many wish to be.   I mean, I can see a Filipina coming out of a dirt floored nipa hut - lo

They should get a monkey, then. No, I'm not joking. On one of my earlier visits to the Philippines - maaaaaany moons ago, I saw a monkey, on a chain, picking the lice from a little girl, the child of

Or save some money by locking the front door.

miles-high

Hmmm, my GF does not invite most of her relatives in her condo, with the exception of her mother, only sister (a small 2-sis family), her favorite aunt and her niece…

Her bedroom door is always locked when any one of them is there but it’s on an entirely different reason… Since she keeps her expensive clothing, jewelries, watches, titles, contracts, etc. in her bedroom closets – although the most important papers are in the safe but many are outside on her desk and she does not trust her relatives including her own mother to jsut “borrow” some of the finer things in life without her permission... haha :D

• Like 1
jtmwatchbiz

IF this were specifically my wife's family doing this I would tell her to get them out of my house and teach them how to behave like humans before inviting them back.

yea kinda strange sounding to me too. my inlaws just about never visit let alone walk into bedrooms and flop down on the beds as they prefer we go to their place which has central aircon. maybe next time i'm there i'll sneak into a bedroom wing and stretch out on a bed of the first unlocked bedroom i find just for the experience :)

• Like 2
Wolfpack

Hmmm, my GF does not invite most of her relatives in her condo, with the exception of her mother, only sister (a small 2-sis family), her favorite aunt and her niece…

Her bedroom door is always locked when any one of them is there but it’s on an entirely different reason… Since she keeps her expensive clothing, jewelries, watches, titles, contracts, etc. in her bedroom closets – although the most important papers are in the safe but many are outside on her desk and she does not trust her relatives including her own mother to jsut “borrow” some of the finer things in life without her permission... haha :D

hell, it ain't the jewelries and such that concerns me...it is the documents (titles, contracts and such)...that concerns me to keep away from family...

learned that lesson from my ex-wife...her family claimed our house in manila burned down with everything in it...even my ex-wife did not believe that nonsense...I was shocked my ex-wife actually had all the important documents...any thought my ex-wife's family had to get my ex-wife to reconstruct documents for whatever their purpose was...didn't work out...good for her

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

hell, it ain't the jewelries and such that concerns me...it is the documents (titles, contracts and such)...that concerns me to keep away from family...

That stuff should be in a safe deposit box at the bank. They are like $200 a year for a huge one here.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Wolfpack

That stuff should be in a safe deposit box at the bank. They are like $200 a year for a huge one here.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

my valuables are in the states, documents included...

I have never dealt with any banks in the Philippines, personally (directly)...

Jeepney

my valuables are in the states, documents included...

I have never dealt with any banks in the Philippines, personally (directly)...

You left them with your exwife???

Wolfpack

You left them with your exwife???

I do my banking in the states...safety deposit box included...

I have kids with my ex-wife...anything ever happens to me...my oldest son is the executor...

RogerDuMond

That is an entirely different problem and we have 2 wall safes installed in the house for that reason.

• Like 1
streak03

Her family is not intentionally rude, just a bit misdirected.

I think of the Beverly Hillbillies when it comes to their actions.

They are always curious and taking things apart that aren't meant to come apart.

I don't like to hurt their feelings, but most of them are afraid to come around here anymore.

Yeah, we have some folks like that around as well, sort of like Negros Filbillies..haha

• Like 1
Brucewayne

Yeah, we have some folks like that around as well, sort of like Negros Filbillies..haha

I call them the Beverly Filbillies, but they don't get it.

• Like 1