Does your wife's family insist on laying on your beds when they visit?

Brucewayne

I have been battling my inlaws for years now to stay off of our beds as bugs infest the mattresses when they lie on them.

The adults have got the message that they aren't allowed in our bedroom at all, but the children think of our beds as trampolines and wrestling mats.

Our daughter is allergic to head lice bites and the bites fester up terribly, not to mention having to drag everything outside to spray with bug killer any time bugs get in the bedding.

I hear bed bugs can be a problem here too and they are even harder to get rid of than mites are, so be careful about letting others lay down on your bed.

• Like 1
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brucewayne

• Wolfpack

• SkyMan

• RogerDuMond

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Do your inlaws not clean themselves as they should? I'm actually shocked to hear this, knowing how clean so many wish to be.   I mean, I can see a Filipina coming out of a dirt floored nipa hut - lo

They should get a monkey, then. No, I'm not joking. On one of my earlier visits to the Philippines - maaaaaany moons ago, I saw a monkey, on a chain, picking the lice from a little girl, the child of

Or save some money by locking the front door.

Do your inlaws not clean themselves as they should? I'm actually shocked to hear this, knowing how clean so many wish to be.

I mean, I can see a Filipina coming out of a dirt floored nipa hut - looking like she just came from the parlor.

• Like 7
Brucewayne

They appear to be clean, but live in a slum where dengue and mites run rampant.

We actually had to quit visiting them because of all of the bugs and filth.

We built them a small house about six years ago and squatters threw shacks up all around them, even in the right of way, so we can no longer even get our car to their house.

Poor people + open ground = instant free/cheap housing.

We can't be mad at the squatters and the in laws should really invest in a can of bug spray and Quell, but they are happier to spend the money on other things and sit around picking bugs out of each other's hair.

We built them a small house about six years ago and squatters threw shacks up all around them, even in the right of way, so we can no longer even get our car to their house.

We can't be mad at the squatters and the in laws should really invest in a can of bug spray and Quell, but they are happier to spend the money on other things and sit around picking bugs out of each other's hair.

They should get a monkey, then. No, I'm not joking. On one of my earlier visits to the Philippines - maaaaaany moons ago, I saw a monkey, on a chain, picking the lice from a little girl, the child of the family who owned the monkey. Did a pretty good job too, until the monkey ran out of lice and got mad. 

• Like 7
Jeepney

I think you have to get some get them to use it whenever they visit, before they enter your house.

Brucewayne

They should get a monkey, then. No, I'm not joking. On one of my earlier visits to the Philippines - maaaaaany moons ago, I saw a monkey, on a chain, picking the lice from a little girl, the child of the family who owned the monkey. Did a pretty good job too, until the monkey ran out of lice and got mad. 

My wife tried doing that to our girl, but it embarrassed me that everyone could see that she had head lice, so I taught the wife how to use Quell.

It does remind me of a monkey and it is not very effective, as they move so fast that one could never catch them all.

It is also very nearly impossible to find all of the eggs as well.

I think you have to get some get them to use it whenever they visit, before they enter your house.

Tried that, they have nearly every drug known to man, but refuse to use a chemical on their hair unless a "professional" tells them to do so.

Hot oil treatments work well, but are too expensive.

It seems to be quite common in the Philippines watching the females combing through each others hair looking for lice, my girlfriends neighbors seem to sit outside and with there fingers removing all the lice from each others hair, i have told them about certain products to get, but they just don't want to know.

At least my girlfriend has realized that that the products for cleaning your hair does really work. But watching people picking lice from each others hair does remind me of monkeys doing that. :)

• Like 2
Wolfpack

I have been battling my inlaws for years now to stay off of our beds as bugs infest the mattresses when they lie on them.

The adults have got the message that they aren't allowed in our bedroom at all, but the children think of our beds as trampolines and wrestling mats.

Our daughter is allergic to head lice bites and the bites fester up terribly, not to mention having to drag everything outside to spray with bug killer any time bugs get in the bedding.

I hear bed bugs can be a problem here too and they are even harder to get rid of than mites are, so be careful about letting others lay down on your bed.

this guests laying on our beds thing blows my mind...

I installed a extra door, preventing people from entering the personal area of the house...from others

then had to install yet another door...to completely separate the bedrooms...because folks could not respect the privacy areas...this seems to have resolved the issue...

have to keep the lights out in the bedrooms and doors of bedroom locked...only enter bedroom when it is time to sleep...

• Like 2
SkyMan

It seems to be quite common in the Philippines watching the females combing through each others hair looking for lice, my girlfriends neighbors seem to sit outside and with there fingers removing all the lice from each others hair, i have told them about certain products to get, but they just don't want to know.

At least my girlfriend has realized that that the products for cleaning your hair does really work. But watching people picking lice from each others hair does remind me of monkeys doing that. :)

The local term for a lice train is unggoy-unggoy or monkey-monkey.

• Like 2
SkyMan

How about door locks?

• Like 3

Hair lice is a continuous problem here with kids...no matter how clean your own kids hair is, school is where they will pick it up again n again....my missus spent hours hand picking n using that green little comb to clean, even though I told her she needs to get the eggs...there isn't many good lice control shampoo there so we imported some....we even tried the mayonnaise/week treatment but in the end it was a waste of time, because like brushing their teeth....they only do it if forced to...

• Like 1

RiteMed, the generic pharmacy, sells sachets of Lyecare citronella shampoo for 15 or 20 pesos that will help.

They also have a similar sachet of shampoo that contains pyrethrums. (from Chrysanthemums?).

Both sachets would do 2 or 3 toddlers or 2 little kids

KonC

• Like 1

Your bedroom must be off limit to your wife's relatives.  Install a lock on your bedroom door and if you have guest bedroom(s), do the same to the door(s). This is just gross, really! Your wife must educate your visitors (her relatives) about good manners and right conduct. Visitors should act accordingly when they are in somebody else's house. It does not matter if the owner of the house is their relative. They are still visitors.

• Like 1
RogerDat

Greetings! The bonding that a monkey troup experences is identical to that of humans "grooming" each other.