Sign in to follow this  
Paul

How to Post a Youtube Video.

Paul

You can do this one of two ways: 

Just copy the URL from the page the video is on at the Youtube site, and paste it into your text box like this: 

OR

Add the appropriate extensions on either side of the video, and put it in your post like this: 

[media]
[/media]

The video should look like this:

If you follow either example, the software will allow you to complete the post. If you have any issues, please post here, or start another thread in this forum regarding your issue. Edited by Paul

broden

i use post as plain text .. seems to works best

also if you post it and it shows up as a link in the text box .. before you ever hit post.. delete that one then hit enter a few times to move down the page the space where it had been then repaste(as plain text ) atop the page again.. this seems to work where as if you keep trying to paste it where you originally pasted it it sometimes just keeps coming up as a link no matter what you do

Salty Dog

To make it show up in a post like it does on YouTube:

Select "Share" to the right of "About"

Make sure "Share this video" is underlined

Then just copy and paste the link below all the icons of different sites.

• Like 1

broden

i grab the url from the url bar atop the browser

then paste as plain text

if it shows up as normal typed text in the reply box it works if it shows up looking like an underlined link i hit enter a few times above it then repost as plain text in that clean space ... that has always worked on the rare occasions it didn't on the first pasting

then i just delete the bad one below that i hit enter over and hit post

thebob

i grab the url from the url bar atop the browser   then paste as plain text

That works for a youtubevideo if you want to show it all but if you yse the URL they give you in the #start video from" box, it usually just posts a broken URL.

CebuKano

Like Salty Dog stated above the way I post YouTube videos is to:

1. While viewing the video you wish to post here click "share".

2. Act like you will be sending it as a email.

3. Copy whatever looks like this ---> "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPb6dh4zwM0". ***

4. Paste it in your post window in the forum.

*** - DO NOT include the quotes! Quotes were added to avoid this video from posting as a video.

Very simple once you do it once or twice.

Paul

*** - DO NOT include the quotes! Quotes were added to avoid this video from posting as a video.

When replying to a post, if you want to show code of any kind, without it posting, like BBCode, Video links, etc., you can use the "Code" option, which are the two "<>" arrows to the left of the quoted text icon, on the second row, above your text box. Anything posted within code tags will not execute in the post.

EXAMPLE:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPb6dh4zwM0