Sign in to follow this  
cebubird

Why not report that she is a scammer?

cebubird

That is a very valid concern, especially the way some states have written up their domestic violence laws. I had a friend with a chain of pawnshops in S. Dakota and Wyoming. One night a neighbor called the cops and reported there was a domestic dispute at their house. There was no dispute, and both husband and wife told the police that. However, the way S. Dakota had written their law, they had to make an arrest on any domestic violence call. They arrested him. Afterwards legally he could not go into his own pawnshops as they had firearms in them (the largest part of his business). He had to shut down and/or sell all of his pawnshops as he could no longer run them. Under the law, one with an arrest for domestic violence, even if dismissed (as it was), cannot be in possession of a firearm.

But I think the chances of problems coming from other Filipinas, co-workers, friends, church groups, etc., is much larger than the problem coming from any attorney. We have had several visa clients that should have hired us to check her out first, but for visa clients we do not meddle in their relationship, even if it becomes obvious to us the girl is a scammer. If they don't ask, we don't tell.

I really don't know of any way one could be 100% certain this would not happen to them. Even if one chooses wisely, as has been stated people change, and poo occurs...

Just curious Larry, as to why you wouldn't tell the client she is a scammer. Seems to me like a disservice to the clie                Maybe you think the client wouldn't believe you anyway. Don't mean to stray off topic, just curious since youmentioned this.

Paul

Bill, you can just as easily start a NEW topic, as you can to go off topic. Now, please stay on topic, within a given topic. 

Paul

Just curious Larry, as to why you wouldn't tell the client she is a scammer. Seems to me like a disservice to the clie                Maybe you think the client wouldn't believe you anyway. Don't mean to stray off topic, just curious since youmentioned this.

Bill, I remember the couple he is talking about. 

When we (JJ and I) were running PMC while we were still in Cebu together, we had people whom had hired us for others services, yet tried to "pry" information from us regarding the person they were involved with. I would never reveal it. Business is business. As Larry stated, they can pay just as anyone else does.

Incidentally, you also do not tell your closest friends whom you hang out with, anything about their wives being bad. If you do, as he has stated, it can ruin friendships, it can cause those friends to accuse you of wanting to: destroy their relationships, sleep with their wives, or just cause problems between them because "you" aren't happy, according to them. So, in a business like that, you learn to keep your mouth shut. 

• Like 6

Monsoon

Um that would be like a real estate agent not selling a house to a couple because they can clearly see the wife is a gold digger. Or a divorce attorney who wouldn't accept a retainer because he thinks there might be a chance of reconciliation. 

He wasn't hired to give relationship advice. He was hired to process a visa! When I go fill up my car, I don't want the gas station attendant trying to tell me my car is a piece of shit! 

Edited by Monsoon
  • Like 4

cebubird

Years ago I had a very good friend, whom I tried to convince his girl was a scammer. We had her on video saying how she had a different phone for him, a different phone for her family, and yet a different phone for her other "clients", and how all she wanted from him was a "house and lot". He decided his relationship with her was stronger than  his long time friendship with me. It was the end of the friendship, and we had been through a lot of shit together. 

Since then our visa clients are visa clients only, and our investigation clients are our investigation clients only, and we do not volunteer information between the two. If a visa client asks, we may tell them if we think we feel something is amiss, but will not specify. If they want an investigation, that is over and above, and not affiliated with, the visa process.

To try to convince someone of what they do not want to know can only lead to problems. If they really want to know, they can pay for that information just as everyone else does.

Well, that's what I figured Larry, and since I know you, I could have just emailed you-mainly I was curious as to why you mentioned it in your post. As always have to get smartalec junk from people like the last poster.

Thanks to you also Paul-why not just close this as it will only cause a lot more jerk responses.

Art

About a week ago I was watching an interview on TV with a Federal Fraud investigator investigating business scams stated that around 70% of business people they approached exposing the scams and advising them to not continue, showing them evidence, still kept on sending money.  I was shocked if a police investigator showed up telling me stuff like that I would listen and do my due diligence, good grief!  He also said it was around the same percentage with relational scams too.  There is something wrong with people or as PT Barnum said "There is a sucker born every minute"  something like that.  It seems people want to be scammed.    Who do you believe becomes a very important question? 

It shocked me because of how high the percentage of disbelievers were until then I thought it might have been a small percentage of people who would not listen to the cops telling them they were being scammed. 

• Like 1

cebubird

Um that would be like a real estate agent not selling a house to a couple because they can clearly see the wife is a gold digger. Or a divorce attorney who wouldn't accept a retainer because he thinks there might be a chance of reconciliation. 

He wasn't hired to give relationship advice. He was hired to process a visa! When I go fill up my car, I don't want the gas station attendant trying to tell me my car is a piece of shit! 

Doing good til that last line. When I go to gas station, I CERTAINLY expect the attendant to tell me if he sees something wrong-especially a safety issue.

• Like 1

lamoe

Doing good til that last line. When I go to gas station, I CERTAINLY expect the attendant to tell me if he sees something wrong-especially a safety issue.

Last line - wasn't about capabilities was about appearance.  A piece of shit is not the same as a piece of junk.

• Like 1

Monsoon

Trust me, you don't want the kids working at gas  stations here doing anything but putting fuel in your car. 

• Like 3

AlooGobi

There is something wrong with people or as PT Barnum said "There is a sucker born every minute" something like that. It seems people want to be scammed.

It's not that the want to be scammed,it's that they don't want to be wrong,because if they are wrong then they are a fool,and they can't be a fool like everyone else who has been scammed because they are smarter and special.

I have seen this over and over on a professional basis across many years,basically the ego steps forward and a whole process of denial and justification takes over  and refuses to admit all evidence to the contrary,

• Like 2

Paul

What gets me is, and I can guarantee Larry will agree here, I don't understand why these guys will send, quite literally, thousands of dollars to girls, then get "that" feeling about them. Then, they inquire at Pointman Cebu regarding assistance. After getting a quote, they decide they do NOT want to pay a couple hundred bucks - or there about, to find out the truth. 

We had a few clients who spent over ten thousand dollars on girls,  and one who spent, almost $100,000 USD on one girl. 

Houston, we have an ID 10 T error. 

• Like 1

AlooGobi

I think basically in that instance they already have a fair idea they have been duped,so they talk to a guy on the phone who probably asks a few questions which confirms

his own suspicions that he has been duped ,he's been a fool.

Despite being done for thousands he doesn't want to pay a guy a few hundred to demonstrate in living colour and tell him  that he is indeed a fool.

The bigger the loss the greater the denial patterns emerge in my experience

shadow

Despite being done for thousands he doesn't want to pay a guy a few hundred to demonstrate in living colour and tell him  that he is indeed a fool.

So instead of cutting his losses and admit to himself he was an idiot, he continues to send thousands of dollars at a time to his gf, to save her life with yet another heart transplant. You will then find him on some forum years later complaining that all filipinas are liars and scammers. He has a new "good girl" now, and he KNOWS she is in the hospital with an uncurable disease because he heard the hospital noises in the background while talking to her on the phone!

• Like 1

Wolfpack

What gets me is, and I can guarantee Larry will agree here, I don't understand why these guys will send, quite literally, thousands of dollars to girls, then get "that" feeling about them. Then, they inquire at Pointman Cebu regarding assistance. After getting a quote, they decide they do NOT want to pay a couple hundred bucks - or there about, to find out the truth. 

We had a few clients who spent over ten thousand dollars on girls,  and one who spent, almost $100,000 USD on one girl. 

Houston, we have an ID 10 T error. 

I have reservations when reading this thread...about speaking out...but here goes...

Contacting "Pointman Cebu"...is a worldly response...and will get you worldly results...

I suggest, dealing with the local church...if you feel you are being scammed by a girl...simply, ask what church she belongs to...and if she does something wrong...let the church handle it...

I personally was almost scammed for over a million pesos...by 3 different women...without getting into a great deal of my personal business on how this matter was resolved...it was resolved by the church...

All 3 women informed me they were christian women during the courting process...or I would have never invested money in their name...so I allowed the church to resolve the matter...and they did...

Invest in God...get Godly results...

• Like 2