How safe do you feel living in the Philippines

storybrook

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

How safe do I feel in the Philippines? 

Well, since I do not engage in one of the leading causes of death for foreigners here I am pretty safe overall. What are the leading causes of death here? 

- Money lending

- Screwing around with a taken or married girl

- Drug trade

- Marrying a psychopath who needs medication and mental help but instead keeps going to the church for answers

- Causing a local psychopath to lose face

- Interfering /involving with local politics in any way. 

Stay away from that stuff and you should be OK. Otherwise don't stick your dick uncovered into strange holes, avoid mosquito bites and look both ways before crossing the road. 

• Like 8
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• storybrook

• Humboldt

• lamoe

• smokey

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was raised in a very sparsely populated area, in the middle of an indian reservation, a logging community, and a fishing community, eight miles from pavement in the coastal mountain range of Oregon.

How safe do I feel in the Philippines?    Well, since I do not engage in one of the leading causes of death for foreigners here I am pretty safe overall. What are the leading causes of death here? 

Saying that the Philippines is safer than the US would be so naive.

I don't do any of those things although I do look both ways before.crossing the road.

If It was just me i suspect i would not be here in manila which i find less friendly these days than when i first arrived.

I really liked Northern Mindanao and found that safer than NCR.

BUT with two little ones getting brought up in local community, schools etc my exposure here to more locals has expanded dramatically, as  have experiences that are really quite insane.

we are on a five year plan to see if we can still fit in here as a family unit with young ones or decide to leave the Islands completely, all due to safety concerns.

jtmwatchbiz

we are on a five year plan to see if we can still fit in here as a family unit with young ones or decide to leave the Islands completely, all due to safety concerns.

yes one's thinking changes dramatically once children enter the equation. did you prefer NCR to cebu city for the kids or was there employment concerns that brought you there? 

yes one's thinking changes dramatically once children enter the equation. did you prefer NCR to cebu city for the kids or was there employment concerns that brought you there? 

we have always lived here in NCR with house etc business was in cdo those years ago. some time in Cebu Teaching in English but that was very earty on.

kids born here in NCR

Edited by spooks
  • 3 weeks later...
Knowdafish

I feel very safe here. Either I am using an invisibility cloak and don't know it (I am largely ignored by the locals, but not completely unnoticed) or my guardian angel intimidates the heck out of the majority here.  :aggressive: I prefer to assume the latter.

• Like 1