Can I hear from people married to Filipinas?

RequestDenied

OP said he was going over to PI in May, didn't he? Wonder if he's there now (or already been and gone) and what he thought.

That Hub page he referred to is horribly, horribly one-sided and severely prejudiced. I'm not one to call out "racist" every time someone makes a generalization (or even an ignorant remark) but those guys are as racist as racist gets. They can't seem to accept that even one marriage might be based on feelings and actually work. No matter what people have written there, his response is always, "well, so what, she just hasn't revealed her true colors yet." or something along those lines.

• Like 1
  • Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pman

• shadow

• RogerDuMond

• Paul

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Met my wife in 1985 while stationed on Okinawa, wrote constantly traveled here 5 different occasions to spend time to know her, when discharged I brought her to the US on a fiancee Visa and we were ma

I seriously believe that financial security is part of the criteria for choosing a mate by any woman in any country.

My wife and I have been married almost 20 years now and I know her 23 years, so as tobster wrote, if you pick the correct lady, then life together will/can be wonderful. Let me add that you get out of

Posted Images

NOSOCALPINOY

Do I fit in the scheme of things here, because I'm Filipino by birth, but grew up in California my entire young adult life!

I had a 6 yr long distance courtship (without any hanky/panky in between my visits to the PH) with my girlfriend then, now my wife of 24 years to date!

Our life together was bliss then and it still is blissful now during our wonderful, happy and contented retirement lifestyle to this day!

I'm now 65 and she's at a ripe old age of 50! We're partners for life without getting too corny here, just not the corny type!     

• Like 3
poby

I have a filipina defacto wife, been together over 5 years and every year is better than the one before.  I will never marry officially on paper again.  I no longer believe in it and don't see how the state sanctioning the relationship can improve anything.  The less government involvement in my life the better AFAIC.

Having said that, I love her more than I ever did my previous 3 wives.  I know without a doubt she will stand by me and support me no matter what comes.  She knows me so well, knows my faults, my moods, my ways and accepts me as I am without complaint.  She told me once that if ever I went to prison, she would stay with me there (not that I ever do anything that would risk that!) cos whereever I am, is where she belongs.  She considers it her life's goal to take care of me and she does it with more understanding and patience and love than any woman I have ever known.

She obeys me and allows me to make all the decisions, actually I think she prefers it that way.  We never argue.  We never fight.  She still thanks me for changing her life and making her a stronger person.  But I owe her much more than what I give her and I tell her so regularly.  She is my best friend.  She is my everything.  The idea of life without her is like a big black abyss my mind refuses to imagine.

Finding such a woman is almost impossible in a western country, so indoctrinated are they as to how a woman should be vs how a woman wants to be.  Even in this country she is a rare find but I think it is much easier to find such here than in the west where rampant feminism encourages women to eschew their natural feminine state in favor of taking on masculine attributes that do not sit naturally to their gender.

cebulover2000

I think a relationship with a Filipina or any other woman for that matter works better if you have some kind of leverage, i.e. prenup, live in the Philippines and don't marry her etc. If you bring a poor girl to the US and give her money or an education and work, a citizenship, freedom, you basically take all that away why she married you in the first place. That's why all the posters here who are married an older gal are still happy and the ones who married a young girl are setup for disaster.

smokey

I recommend never bringing the girl to the States. Having a long distance relationship might be even worse since you never know what she's up to while you're not there. I recommend spending years in-person dating girls, finding out if they truly care about you and then planning to settle down in the Philippines. Don't file any paperwork with the US Embassy unless absolutely necessary.

I brought 1 Filipina to the States on a fiancee visa around 1998. Within a month, she disappeared (along with all her possessions) to join her real bf in Massachusetts, that couldn't afford to bring her to the States. She did email me an apology 5 years later. She was 28 when I met her.

I married the next Filipina several years later after "getting to know her". We traveled Asia together and had a lot of time to get to know each other (or so I thought). Brought her to my ranch on the Big Island of Hawaii and she started complaining about there being too many Filipinos there from Luzon (she's from Mindanao). Also in her complaints was that the Big Island was boring (she had lived in Quezon City for 5-6 years). One day I came home to find her gone (along with everything she owned). She joined her new boyfriend in Southern California. She filed for a quickie divorce in Vegas and married her new bf within 2 months of leaving me. Now she lives on some commune or something where she milks goats and does all kinds of hippy crap. She admits freely that she was never honest with me because I would have broken up with her if she'd been honest. She was 23 when I met her.

The next Filipina I had a relationship with (for 7-1/2 years) acted highly jealous the entire time, but I would find her profiles online trolling for other guys. I found where other guys had sent her money in excess of a 1,000 USD and there was even a time I found she had tried to immigrate to Sweden. She kept apologizing and I kept forgiving her. We must have broken apart over 1,000 times in 7-1/2 years, but I'd forgive her again and again thinking she did truly love me, but she was just a troubled girl. She managed to get me to finance a nice house for her parents. Then a new 30 foot fishing boat for her father. Then she stole money from me to the tune of 2,500 USD (but apologized). In the final years, she was claiming she had expenses exceeding 2,000 USD per month (a lot of medical related problems with her health). I finally called it quits when she produced a baby last October and the DNA test showed it was 1/2 Australian (I'm American). After being found out, she claimed that everything in our apartment was hers and that I had no proof of ownership. As a foreigner, I guess she's right. The police will side with her. So much for the thousands of dollars worth of furniture, appliances and souvenirs from around the world. My name was not on the lease, so I didn't have a leg to stand on. She was 18 when I met her.

Note: I'm not an ugly guy and don't abuse the girls. I do have a soft heart, but am considering myself an idiot for wasting so much time and money on girls that I considered "good girls". I didn't chase girls and was faithful to the girls while in the relationship. Maybe I had a sign on my back that said "easy mark" or "stupid foreigner"?

hey i can find you a good wife but first send me your last 3 years tax returns..   and two bank references

smokey

I have a filipina defacto wife, been together over 5 years and every year is better than the one before.  I will never marry officially on paper again.  I no longer believe in it and don't see how the state sanctioning the relationship can improve anything.  The less government involvement in my life the better AFAIC.

Having said that, I love her more than I ever did my previous 3 wives.  I know without a doubt she will stand by me and support me no matter what comes.  She knows me so well, knows my faults, my moods, my ways and accepts me as I am without complaint.  She told me once that if ever I went to prison, she would stay with me there (not that I ever do anything that would risk that!) cos whereever I am, is where she belongs.  She considers it her life's goal to take care of me and she does it with more understanding and patience and love than any woman I have ever known.

She obeys me and allows me to make all the decisions, actually I think she prefers it that way.  We never argue.  We never fight.  She still thanks me for changing her life and making her a stronger person.  But I owe her much more than what I give her and I tell her so regularly.  She is my best friend.  She is my everything.  The idea of life without her is like a big black abyss my mind refuses to imagine.

Finding such a woman is almost impossible in a western country, so indoctrinated are they as to how a woman should be vs how a woman wants to be.  Even in this country she is a rare find but I think it is much easier to find such here than in the west where rampant feminism encourages women to eschew their natural feminine state in favor of taking on masculine attributes that do not sit naturally to their gender.

you mean women in American want more then to be PG and barefoot living in a gulf stream motor home on a dirt road?   Women in the usa are fast learners i have a sister who was married and Joe her husband   worked at a large tire factory and she was an accountant for IRS ,,  she gained weight and he gained a GF... after he divorced her and called her lots of nasty names she cried and cried and 2 years later he called crying claiming my sister some how caused him to be audited and then we did not hear from him again till another 3 years had passed and i asked him how his life was as i always liked him and he said very shitty i have been audited by IRS 4 times in 5 years please ask your sister to forgive me 

Mikala

he said very shitty i have been audited by IRS 4 times in 5 years please ask your sister to forgive me

This is why I never date anyone associated with the IRS. Once I dated this Chinese descent girl in Southern California and a few ticks into the first date, she said that she's an IRS agent. That said everything I needed to know. I was polite, but never dated her again.

• Like 1
Mattnlenny

I think a relationship with a Filipina or any other woman for that matter works better if you have some kind of leverage, i.e. prenup, live in the Philippines and don't marry her etc. If you bring a poor girl to the US and give her money or an education and work, a citizenship, freedom, you basically take all that away why she married you in the first place. That's why all the posters here who are married an older gal are still happy and the ones who married a young girl are setup for disaster.

That is hilarious.  

• Like 1
ozboy

I did too lol....was waiting for him to get a sit in the corner ticket...

• Like 2
davewe

I'll let you know when the disaster occurs :)

OTOH Janet is a few days shy of turning 26. 26 in the Philippines is consider somewhat old, so I guess I am in fact married to an older gal.

tomaw

I am NOT going to be like some of the forum members that will try to convince you that was right or wrong for me is what is right or wrong for you. I got very lucky. I met my wife on the internet, made 3 trips back to Cebu to be with her over a period of three years. after the third trip I proposed and when she said yes got her a Fiance Visa and brought her to S California. We've been happily married now for 8 years. The one piece of advice I will give that others have said already, is take a lot of time getting to know each other.

Davaoeno

Haven't any of you other guys been married to a women that you couldn't get away from fast enough. I'm on my third marriage

:banghead:

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...
greengorilla

The best wisdom I have ever come across on the topic of marriages is the Ringing Cedars series by Vladimiar Megre, here is a quote which summarizes the problems with marriage in the modern world pretty well I think

In our modern day this feeling of mutual love in married couples always tends to dissipate after a while. The energy of Love is no longer within them. And this is something accepted as a given by human society. But this scenario is unnatural to Man. It tells us that the lifestyle people lead today is unnatural.

this is a quote which summarizes this unnatural state from a book review

"Keeping up with the Joneses" is a sad process which causes many modern couples to work and slave simply to acquire things better than their neighbors, only to find that success at doing that is an empty victory, the bitter fruit of seeds sown in envy, which leads to disease, anger, combat
Pman

OP said he was going over to PI in May, didn't he? Wonder if he's there now (or already been and gone) and what he thought.

That Hub page he referred to is horribly, horribly one-sided and severely prejudiced. I'm not one to call out "racist" every time someone makes a generalization (or even an ignorant remark) but those guys are as racist as racist gets. They can't seem to accept that even one marriage might be based on feelings and actually work. No matter what people have written there, his response is always, "well, so what, she just hasn't revealed her true colors yet." or something along those lines.

I did in deed goto the ph. Just got back and I loved it

I had a wonderful time with my gf and enjoyed meeting her family.

Thanks for your reply :)

• Like 2