Can I hear from people married to Filipinas?

The answer to your question basically is that when you are talking about getting married, it’s pretty much only a matter of time until it will come apart.

I stopped reading after the above quoted line. The reason is, the rest of the post, most likely, is bullshit. Just because I couldn't handle being married to women (which was my fault at least, in part of them for not lasting), doesn't mean others can't. My parents, for example, were married (to each other) for over 43 years. It took death to end it. 

So, please do not come here selling that line of goods. If you don't wish to be married, fine. I personally LOVE being married, although it hasn't really loved me back.

I will be marrying again, this year. 

• Like 9
  • Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pman

• shadow

• RogerDuMond

• Paul

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Met my wife in 1985 while stationed on Okinawa, wrote constantly traveled here 5 different occasions to spend time to know her, when discharged I brought her to the US on a fiancee Visa and we were ma

I seriously believe that financial security is part of the criteria for choosing a mate by any woman in any country.

My wife and I have been married almost 20 years now and I know her 23 years, so as tobster wrote, if you pick the correct lady, then life together will/can be wonderful. Let me add that you get out of

Posted Images

She was in the US in under 6 months on a fiancee visa.

My wife arrived in the US 3 months after we were married

Wow--- these timelines are really fast--- took me over a year for a fiancé visa and spousal visa takes longer---11 years ago the wait time for a FV was over a year

but when I tried to bring her to the USA I found out I was too poor

well that cost me about 3 million pesos and a house and land

These statements contradict each other

Edited by KID
  • Like 3
RogerDuMond

Wow--- these timelines are really fast--- took me over a year for a fiancé visa and spousal visa takes longer---11 years ago the wait time for a FV was over a year

My spousal visa was in 1993. That was back when your congressman could still call the embassy in Manila and ask them to expedite. It was also put through the USCIS Vermont service center which at that time was not very busy.

My spousal visa was in 1993. That was back when your congressman could still call the embassy in Manila and ask them to expedite. It was also put through the USCIS Vermont service center which at that time was not very busy.

I forget the name of the unofficial website now, But you could enter your info as did others and watch how long the process took for all visa types and also the processing stations speeds

We had the El Paso Texas processing station---- Watched a lotttttt of workers visa's from Mexico get processed in 1/2 the time as it took for our fiancé visa

BTW--- If memory serves correctly your processing station had the fastest times in the US

Edited by KID
Mattnlenny

Just because I couldn't handle being married to women............. 

????    :biggrin_01:

Edited by Mattnlenny
  • Like 1

I seriously believe that financial security is part of the criteria for choosing a mate by any woman in any country.

A normal and logical consideration, to be sure.

shadow

Timelines vary widely, but seldom has a fiance visa taken over a year, unless there were issues with the paperwork. Currently we are processing spousal visas in as little as 4 weeks, but a few years ago that was unheard of.

Timelines vary widely, but seldom has a fiance visa taken over a year, unless there were issues with the paperwork. Currently we are processing spousal visas in as little as 4 weeks, but a few years ago that was unheard of.

Wow-- that  hella fast compared to what the wait was 10 years ago

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/k1list.php?cfl=&op1=&op2=&op3=1&op4=1&op5=&op6=All

k1history.gifk3history.gif

Edited by KID

????    :biggrin_01:

Smart ass. You know what I meant - maybe. :P

• Like 1
Headed that way

I’m going to try and keep this short but those of you who have read my posts and comments know already that is a work in progress. The last book I published which I won’t mention the name of or where you can get it but I guess it’s ok to tell you what it says in a nut shell.

The answer to your question basically is that when you are talking about getting married, it’s pretty much only a matter of time until it will come apart.

It not that I’m anti marriage; I married a Filipina girl when I first got here in 2001.  I got off the plane at noon and at 6 pm that evening the girl I had been talking to for a few month whom I just met at noon in person, on my first trip to the Philippines, I was married to. 

Yeah now I know it was illegal but I didn’t know it then.  I just signed a bunch of blank papers and she had it all arranged and they were all filled out in a few weeks after that and the witness and the priest they were all in on the deal and when the papers were filed, I later learned they were not even filed in Manila where we were supposedly married but in Quezon City…but when I tried to bring her to the USA I found out I was too poor.  I could have married some illegal from Mexico who was as poor as a church mouse no problem but bring a girl from the Philippines on my income…. NO WAY!

The point is it only lasted a year anyhow and I was as much to blame if not more.  After being here in the country I realized I could do a lot better.  So I told her that.  Opps…well that cost me about 3 million pesos and a house and land I was working on but like I said, it was all my fault anyhow so who cares.  I got free, she got the stuff.

Now was she a bad Filipina – well she wasn’t very nice after I told her I wanted to move into my new house without here I can tell you that.  I ended up leaving about 3 am one morning and have never seen her since.  I lost a lot to get out of the relationship and with no divorce in this country that put me in a new situation but live and learn right?

My point is getting back to what I wrote in the book I won’t mention the name of, is that marrying into a different culture has probably nothing to do with anything when you are talking about marriage.  Marriage is mess, complicated and a lot of hard work and most people are not up to hard work no matter who they marry. 

And whether you end up fighting over money or sex or something about a culture difference as Hillary said not to long about Benghazi, “What difference does it make?” 

People change over time.  Who you marry today isn’t the person you will be with in 5 years. One poster said he had been married to a Filipina girl for 20 years on this post…ok great….Do you think when I was married for 29 years in the USA to the mother of my 7 children I thought that when I turned 50 and the next year came around that she would get on a bus and walk away and be done with marriage? 

You might make 10 years or 20 year or even 30 years like I did, but chances are still against you that you will still be marriage in the end. 

Have you seen the recent news…Remember the Captain and Tenniel the recording couple married back in the 70’s….did you miss the headline recently at 70 years old after 40 years of being married….They announce they are getting a divorce. 

The reality is that Marriages no matter who you marry end in Divorce unless you get lucky and someone dies first.  The true divorce rate world wide is a hidden piece of information because all societies for the most part believe in and support the idea of marriage.  Our economies are built upon it.

So don’t worry about whether she is the right girl or not just try and be the right guy and do the best you can and keep your head in reality knowing it’s only a matter of time until more than likely it will end.  Keep your finances as separate as you can.  Keep separate bank accounts and credit cards. Keep a good credit rating in your own name!  Don’t sign on each others bank accounts etc.  Just do the best you can and know that the day might very well come no matter how hard you work at making the marriage work that for one reason or another it will end in a Divorce.

Stop trying to blame it on who you married, or her culture, or anything other than reality.  People change.  Some people can make adjustments and others can’t.  Some people work harder and are willing to sacrifice more than others.  Thousands of different factors will go into how long whatever relationship you enter into lasts.

Live right, try and be as honest as you can, treat each other with respect, and try and make it work.  It most likely won’t - given enough time - but that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy it while it does last!

Whether you are married of just trying to make a live in relationship work it’s all the same. 

What a load of B.S.!  Dude, you married a woman in a country where marriages are expected to be forever and then dumped the poor woman because "you could do better"?  

If you sell many of your books I'd expect just as many requests for refunds because this is some serious denial and self centered behavior.

• Like 6

Congratulations Paul. I will wish you a StoryBook ending and not a StoryBrook ending :)

• Like 3

Well I've been married for 5 weeks and it's been perfect every day  :biggrin_01: 

Had lots of pre-conceptions that a girl from the provinces etc etc would suit me, but ended up with a banker from Makati City!

Built the relationship over about 2 and half years with daily communication, many trips to the Philippines for me and two to the UK for her.  Fitting in with respective friends and family is useful.

She's a lovely girl.  Yeah, life's good.

However, my best man who came to the Philippines for the wedding happened to find a scammer within a fortnight.  I suspected - you will learn to too. 

Edited by Bonjon
Pettersson

From the Hub article in the OP link:

"These include the fabrication of ‘domestic violence’ by the Filipina against her sponsor in order to obtain permanent residence to have her sponsor removed from his home (at least in the United Kingdom) and the tendency to fabricate false charges of child sexual abuse and/or domestic violence against her sponsor in order to obtain an advantage in property settlement matters following the dissolution of marriage."

and then in the comments section: "The warning about false domestic violence claims is very very important. In US there are filipino lawyers advising these women how to do it. If you are the victim of one your life will be TOTALLY DEVASTATED..."

This is not entirely news to me, as I have read about it in the past, but every time when someone brings it up it just scares the daylights out of me.  Especially now when I'm getting ready to file for fiancee visa soon.

In my line of work, just being accused for domestic violence or even worse child sexual abuse would end my life long successful career immediately.

Humboldt

Well I've been married for 5 weeks and it's been perfect every day  :biggrin_01: 

Had lots of pre-conceptions that a girl from the provinces etc etc would suit me, but ended up with a banker from Makati City!

Built the relationship over about 2 and half years with daily communication, many trips to the Philippines for me and two to the UK for her.  Fitting in with respective friends and family is useful.

She's a lovely girl.  Yeah, life's good.

However, my best man who came to the Philippines for the wedding happened to find a scammer within a fortnight.  I suspected - you will learn to too. 

And she looks Great in that Jogging outfit , I can see why its WORKING-OUT lol

• Like 1
ellenbrook2001

love that topic okay some saying some guys didn't treat the wife good yes that correct so put that aside that for a moment /

what are the percentage of divorce with PHILIPPINA  no one know or been keep quiet.

sure you have to pick up the right girl even so you may end up with trouble.

those  PHILIPPINA are from another planet very very hard to understand them with they childish and drama attitude and immature but if you do open them a bank account give them a credit card they will love you also  you has long they send back money home .all will be cool cause they will realized hard to replaced you unfortunately that the fact.

also many married a very old guy then the after 2 years they divorce him get most of his money then go back to the philippines or married a younger one.remenber the soon they settle in another country they do learn fast what are the lawn about divorce then her new friends will advised her what to do ?

i am not against PHILIPPINA but god sake you must do your home work before you put that ring in her fingers or you be in a shock of your life you be the put so low to the ground hard to raise again i know i been there .

watch  they drama on TV then that the way they behave when they want to make trouble or do not get what was they plan.