Can I hear from people married to Filipinas?

I've had a wonderful relationship with a beautiful Philippina for 6 months, I was researching coming to the Philippines to meet here when I accidentally came accross this article:

http://ulyssesulysses.hubpages.com/hub/Why_do_so_many_men_report_bad_Filipina_dating_marrying_experiences

To be honest it made me pause.

I have a great relationship and she's not a scammer, but I'd like to hear from some people actually married. How true or fiction is that site?

From the numbers I've seen Fil/American relationships seem to have lower divorce rate.

Thoughts? Testamonies?

Thanks!

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pman

• shadow

• RogerDuMond

• Paul

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Met my wife in 1985 while stationed on Okinawa, wrote constantly traveled here 5 different occasions to spend time to know her, when discharged I brought her to the US on a fiancee Visa and we were ma

I seriously believe that financial security is part of the criteria for choosing a mate by any woman in any country.

My wife and I have been married almost 20 years now and I know her 23 years, so as tobster wrote, if you pick the correct lady, then life together will/can be wonderful. Let me add that you get out of

Posted Images

tobster

Had a quick look at the article and some of it may be true/false as the case may be.

It really depends on who you talk to and their own personal experiences here.

Pick the right girl......it's all good.

Pick the wrong one....you're in for a world of hurt.

I guess the majority of the membership seem to be happily married. The wife may weld the rolling pin now or then and occasionally a 45 automatic but it's the luck of the draw really.

• Like 6

You have to be very careful and never rush into a marriage. Wait a few years and see how it goes. In many cases you need a lot of money to support the family.

I know a Canadian guy who thought he had the perfect mate. Married her, moved her to Canada, it was the prefect marriage until he found out about her jailed boyfriend in the Philippines. Her plan was to divorce him and go back to the Philippines to be with her true love when he was released from jail. With all the divorce money of course. She had a plan and played it out like a pro. She got a one way ticket back home to "visit" and hasn't been able to return to Canada, Lucky guy IMO. He is still devastated.

• Like 2

My wife and i have been married for almost 4 years now and have known each other for over 6. It's like other people have said pick the right one and have a wonderfull life but pick the wrong one and it can be a world of heartache and trouble!

• Like 2

My wife and I have been married now for ten years and we have known each other for eleven. She was 27 when we met on line and 28 when we married. At the age of 28 she was considered an old maid and would most likely never to wed. She had some who tried to court her but they only wanted her for the money she was earning. She was a office manager working 12 hour days with only 2 days off per month. She made $150 to $200 per month. She was also putting her youngest sister through college. Her father has been and still is a OFW.

I told her from the get go that I was only a mechanic and lived a modest life. She accepted me knowing she was giving up a good job with good earnings. As with any couple you will have your ups and downs along with misunderstandings due to cultural differences. All you can do is be honest and get to know each other. Don't rush into marriage. My wife and I have a loving marriage and could ask for nothing better. Good luck to you.

• Like 1

It can be a real crap shoot, you have had some good advice already, definitely give it a couple of years before you get married. Do not give her to much money no matter what the reason is and spend as much time with her as you can. Don't be afraid to walk away, I know it can be hard if she is hot and has your heart already but like they say www.plentymorefish.com .  But if you don't roll the dice you will never know so go for it and hope for the best but be prepared to walk away...

Good Luck and keep us updated.....   

• Like 1

Have you met her? Spent time with her?

Exchanging emails or chatting online is not a relationship.

A Filipina is not a commodity but a person.

Follow your heart...but listen to your head (the big one).

There are red flags, pay attention and be ready to walk...or run.

Best of luck... :stooges: 

• Like 1
MarinePride

I've been married to a Filipina since 1995 and we have two kids.  Any marriage has its ups and downs, good days and bad days, but long term things have worked out for us.  Any marriage is a crap shoot in this day and age because it seems that a lot of the girls have gotten wiser and some view it as a way out of the country to supposedly greener pastures.

I got married when I was about 23, so I really didn't care if that was the case or not, as I didn't have substantial assets at the time.  If you are a man of worth, I don't know how to give you any comfort because there are scammers out there.  It is up to you to have discernment like you have never had before when sizing up a girl. 

• Like 2
For Real

We met in 07, married in 08, still in love as much as when we met. Moved in social circles in south east Asia where many females used to congregate looking for foreigners. No biggie as many women and men marry for money, the women of this ilk I like to call bangers. I was recommended to a sweet lady born and living in the Philippines (you see I am stunningly handsome and get told so daily)...all my wife prayed for was a good man for a husband...she never thought she might marry a foreigner. See where I am going here? Get off the internet, get on a plane and get yourself amongst women in a social setting where they are not bouncing up and down on your knee and your odds of success are infinitely shorter. Find someone not looking out for a punter like you and do some courting like a real man does.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Its not love of any kind its just a fantasy its not real until you survive the bad times as a couple too.   I agree with For Real's advice.  I read that article and agree they have a different idea of marriage than you learn their world first good luck do not commit until you know you are marrying her family too and can live with that.  

• Like 1
Wolfpack

I've had a wonderful relationship with a beautiful Philippina for 6 months, I was researching coming to the Philippines to meet here when I accidentally came accross this article:

http://ulyssesulysses.hubpages.com/hub/Why_do_so_many_men_report_bad_Filipina_dating_marrying_experiences

To be honest it made me pause.

I have a great relationship and she's not a scammer, but I'd like to hear from some people actually married. How true or fiction is that site?

From the numbers I've seen Fil/American relationships seem to have lower divorce rate.

Thoughts? Testamonies?

Thanks!

I would need more details of your situation...to give you best advice...so many different situations...

biggest questions...what is your age difference...and do you plan on having children...

if you plan on having children, that certainly helps in any relationship...

I married a woman from Manila...that marriage lasts 17 years...we had 2 kids...and our age difference was 1 year...we lived all over the world

I am now married to a woman from Negros for 6 years...we have 3 kids...our age difference is 17 years...we live in Cebu...

another question for you...are you educated...and is your gf educated...helpful to have a woman with a similar education level...

always remember this simple thing, women in the philippines may understand english words but few understand the english language...

• Like 2
Lordblacknail

Read the part again where it said "When you marry her, you marry her family". Then read it again. then a few more times, like 20. Don't get stampeded into buying anything here that you can not walk away from. Rent your house. We have been married 8 years, lived here for 3 and I can't wait to go back to the US. I really thought this place was for me, been here many times, but believe me, visiting here is not living here. When we moved here we shipped 60 LBC boxes, that's a lot. When we leave here we will take 12. I have enjoyed my time here and met some great people, but if I could go back today, I would be on my way to the airport. Lots of guys live here and think they have died and gone to heaven. Lots of guys here want to sell their house and move back to where they came from. I met a guy the other day at Ayala Metro who said he has been here for 44 years. He must be happy. Do not buy a house, don't plan to start a business and watch where you step and you should be ok. Never argue in public with a Filipino. Period. I wish you luck. But like the guys have said, it all depends on the woman.

• Like 5

Priot to meeting my wife online, I met a handful of other Filipinas on several dating sites. One way I found to separate the wheat from the chaff was to ask what to do the money I was saved for plane fare to meet - come over now or wait a little while and help her now instead. Several other suggestions I read on this site in the past were to just plainly ask, are you a good girl or naughty? Also get her opinion of girls who receive a stipend from foreigners. I was fortunate in that I never got too involved with a scammer before their true colors shone through. You got to go with your gut, not your little head cuz she's so easy on the eyes.

Before marriage, I met a couple genuine girls in person - good character. I dumped them only because of my own superficially based insecurities and still feel bad about it to this day. But I also met my wife online over 5 years ago and it's been the best 5 years of my life. Yes, there have been hiccups, but that's marriage. The biggest difference I've found between Filipinas and western women is attitude. A sweet outlook sure makes life pleasant.

Best of luck to you, Pman. But if you've known here for 6 months, albeit on the net lang, your instincts have probably already told you whether she's a keeper or not. You just have to listen to them.

Edited by Hamm
  • Like 2
Humboldt

Get real , if your old overweight ugly , and you have a much younger beauty queen wife , better just keep her in Philippines .

True story American man here was married 4 years to his Filipino wife , before he found out that the houseboy under his employment was

indeed her first husband ,,

think about the shit going on behind his back ,,, as the Filipina will just call it her sacrifice for the family sake

in my case 6 years going strong , I'm not old , ugly , or overweight , life looks better thru rose colored glass's lol 

P.S. if you do bring her back USA keep her away from other Filipina's