Sign in to follow this  
Lee

How to properly quote a post

Barefooter

So...trim the quote down to the bit that you are actually commenting on...and make sure you only do it once. Thanks.

Are you saying we should quote and trim instead of using the selective quote?  I responded to an early response to this thread, before reading the entire threads list of responses.  But now, having read further, I can see you intended this to be another option, especially for long quotes, not an instruction for the only way to make a partial quote.

Am I mistaken or does the selective quote option (which I used here) not have a "quote box" for me to then post my response "below it' as Paul requested ealier?    . . .  Ah, but now in the post preview I see the quote box that I didn't see in my pre-preview post box.  I'll do my best at using common sense and requested forum etiquette.

OK, having read further now, and having experimented more, I see the difference, and it is not important.

Edited by Barefooter

Barefooter

Click on the little icon on the top left row of your text editor.

What/Where is my text editor, and is there a thread instructing its purpose and usage?

Barefooter

click the icon at the very top left of the post box you are quoting, then it will change the BBCode Mode to put it back to the way it used to be years ago before quote boxes were installed automatically and then you can post below the very last [ /quote] you find at the very bottom of the post you are quoting.

I don't see an icon.  Not sure where the top of the posting box is or what the icon is supposed to look like?  Not sure what to look for.  But I would like to explore this "BBCode Mode" option I am hearing about.

Edited by Barefooter

Lee

I don't see an icon.  Not sure where the top of the posting box is or what the icon is supposed to look like?  Not sure what to look for.  But I would like to explore this "BBCode Mode" option I am hearing about.

When you quote a post or type in the box at the very bottom of posts then you will see the little light like switch up at the top left, I put a picture of it in my first post in this topic. 

contraman

When you quote a post or type in the box at the very bottom of posts then you will see the little light like switch up at the top left, I put a picture of it in my first post in this topic. 

Sorry to butt in,

But on some Tablets the text editor does not display :(

I have a Samsung Note and it does not display, but is Okay on my PC 

Maybe that is the issue

If not, please disregard this post :)

• Like 1