What is your current electric rate, where you live?

lopburi3

Hope this is not off-topic and thread seems to be quiet?  

What was the total kwh each month?  And do you have amounts for the previous year?  How much does it normally vary each month?  Makes a big difference from one person to another and the local weather conditions if using air conditioning or have many refrigerators running.  Mine here in Bangkok was also up 25 units from month 5 to 6 but this is with a total usage of about 1700 units.  Last year it was down 260 units from month 5 to 6 so can vary a lot.  Of course this is with air conditioning - without that it should be much less of a change each month.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paul

• Woolf

• lamoe

• Mikala

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got our bill for the past 90 days: Consumption was 4367KW (48.53 per day) and a total cost of Au$761.78 including fees and GST. That works out to be Au$0.1744 cents per Kilowatt.  Pretty cheap fo

We pay about P12 PKWH. It is so low due to the 192 MW geothermal power plant just up the hill.    

Paul, Is it possible to prevent this thread from being locked in the future so we can update our information if it changes? Especially here in the RP where it seems that the rates are about to increas

Posted Images

manly4eva

Hi most months it's the same.Very little variation.It's just when we lose power for so long I can't understand how usage can increase.This happens every time we lose power.We either get a bill for the same or more.We run a desktop computer 24/7 and a new 26 inch Tv for about 4 hrs a weekday and 6 on weekends.7 cf fridge and no more than 2 lights at any 1 time for about 5 hrs a night. Washing machine 4 loads a week ,rice cooker 3 times a day and its turned off after cooking.No air-con,no oven..The usage of our appliances is almost identical every month as is our power consumption.It just baffels me how it can be the same or increase when we have no supply for 15% of the month.It's not really a big issue as our bill is around 1200 a month which is what we used in gasoline for the generator to cover the 5 days no supply.It's just confusing.

lopburi3

Did you read your meter and verify it with bill?  They might have just been making a guess (and paying for the extra expense in the process).  Check the covered period on the bill closely as it may not be the same as the month and outage (at least here in Thailand the bill-due date is about 3 weeks after usage ends).  You seem to have low usage so 25 units is quite a lot.

In view of all these high power bills, where can we buy in Cebu energy-efficient air conditioners?

We used to run 2.5 hp Carrier window type ac and average kws over a month were 850.

We changed to a carrier inverter split type unit 2 hp now averaging 450 kws per month.

I know they cost more but the monthly savings are worth it in the long run.

In each case usage was about 10 hours/day.

Bought from Bensons Ayala. (50,000 pesos)

manly4eva

I'm in Oz now.The boss was with the guy when he read it and it was 3082 and the close of the last reading was 2918 so a usage of 164.The previous month had a usuage of 138 kw.So during the month where we had total loss of electric for 5 days and partial loss for at least another 5 we get a higher usage by 26 kw.... :banghead:

Anyway i am drifting of topic so maybe better to just keep an eye on future bills.Although the bill is only small I don't want to be paying for what I don't use.

NOSOCALPINOY

After the heat wave and typhoon Glenda (only 8 hrs without power), our electric bill went from P13,000 to P10,000 

arentol

Bgy Busay, Cebu City: Php 11.38 / kWh

We usually consume about 188 kWh/month (higher elevation = cool = no need for air-cons). 

In Cabancalan, Mandaue we used nearly 3x more kW (sea level, in the city, hot, polluted).

Cheers,

Aren

• 5 weeks later...
to_dave007

Hamilton, Ontario, Canada (visiting for a while) CDN$270.14 for 1758.6 kwh (2 months).

That's CDN$0.15 per kwh

At todays exchange rate 39.96 that's 6.14 peso per kwh

• 8 months later...
ozboy

There is a Philippine based internet supplier in OZ, named DODO.... that also dables in electricity, gas, car insurance etc..They must have the most hated facebook page on the net with complaints.....

Here is a paste of one about electricity.

I have just received a $2000 bill from Dodo for Controlled Load Two Electricity use. 
Only problem is:
The Electricity Metre has had the same reading for the last 18 months (It’s disconnected),
The last four bills from Dodo prove that the metre is disconnected,
The city I live in does not have Off Peak Electricity anymore,
Essential Energy has admitted that they have made a mistake reading the metres, and 
I do not have Control Level Two Electricity on my property because I have gas hot water and appliances.
I am disgusted that you told me that you have investigated this issue and that I still have to pay the bill.
I am never going to deal with Dodo again, and I am going to inform everyone that I can, in every form of media, exactly how you deal with your customers.
My family and I cannot move house in 10 days and have electricity connected because of your incompetence.
Dodo by name, Dodo by nature.

https://www.facebook.com/dodoaustralia

I rent apartments in both Cebu and Queenslasnd, Australia. In both placed my electicity costs me about PHP10 to PHP11 per kWhr.

smokey

i pay about 11 peso per KW  and usually use between 1,000 to 1.600 month 

contraman

i pay about 11 peso per KW  and usually use between 1,000 to 1.600 month 

Dam  those lifts are expensive to run :)

smokey

West Virginia, USA

1655 kwh used (31 days)

$150.02 total cost (usd) including taxes & fees

$0.0906 usd per kwh

p3.9728 per kwh (ex rate p43.850)

In view of all these high power bills, where can we buy in Cebu energy-efficient air conditioners?

HOW WILL THAT AFFECT SYSTEM LOSS

Dam  those lifts are expensive to run :)

I am not using them.... but there are lots of lights and 10 AC units

NigelandMJ

My last 3 electicity bills were:-

1,832.83÷155 =11.8247096774 per kwh

1,821.28÷148 =12.3059459459 per kwh

2,882.67÷244 =11.81422131 per kwh

The last one we had the a/c on some nights. This is on Camotes. The electicity co-op declares the effective rate at 9.45 per kwh. I really don't know how they come to that figure.