Sign in to follow this  
Paul

What is your current electric rate, where you live?

spooks

November my bill was 7800, this month it is 13300

No xtra appliance, no xtra running time of appliances

KWH is a measure but it does not really justify the difference in costs for same usage in terms of appliances and time those appliances run..

in Uk terms 180GBP for one month for a power bill in a very modestly sized house would be regarded as on the expensive side

Edited by spooks

miles-high

In Bonifacio Global City (NCR) Philippines, this is what I paid last month (was there 19 days):

Pr:Mar 26 40357-Cu:Apr 26 40911=554x1.00xP9.78 (554.00 x 9.78)

...don’t understand what it means but I paid Php5,418.12… :D

ROVER

For those who reply to this, please include the state or province, and country you reside in when writing your post, and what your bottom line rate is per kilowatt hour. To be clear, that will be the rate you pay, after all taxes, line, and other charges have been added to your bill. 

Here in Cambodia, it varies widely. I have seen rates anywhere from 720 riel (.18c US) to 2,000 riel (.50c US). At our apartment here in Battambang, the current rate is 1,700r (.425c US) but should only be 1,000r (.25c US). The owners here tend to add to the basic rate, to make money off the tenants.

Lilo-an Cebu. Philippines.   11.031    (this is after the taxes and usage is added NO EXTRA CHARGES)

Jason S

Our last bill, here in Iligan city, was about 3,300php but we got an air condition installed in our room last month. Prior to that the electric bill averaged 1,500php. I cant complain about the electric bill here compared to what I was paying in the USA. Still, I thought the electric bill spike was a little much so i just had the air conditioned cleaned today. It wasn't a new one, which I wanted to buy, but I gave in to what she wanted. I think she is realizing that my way would have been better in this instance. 

Edited by Jason S

hookedtothenet

PECO (Panay electric company) ILOILO.

April was P12.70 pr. kwh.

lopburi3

Bangkok, Thailand

30 days ending 23 May

1695 kwh

electric cost 6484 baht = 3.825 per unit or 12c US or 5.11 peso

total cost 8189 baht - - = 4.833 per unit or 15c US or 6.45 peso

Edited by lopburi3
  • Like 1

Paul

Our last bill, here in Iligan city, was about 3,300php but we got an air condition installed in our room last month. Prior to that the electric bill averaged 1,500php. I cant complain about the electric bill here compared to what I was paying in the USA. Still, I thought the electric bill spike was a little much so i just had the air conditioned cleaned today. It wasn't a new one, which I wanted to buy, but I gave in to what she wanted. I think she is realizing that my way would have been better in this instance. 

You may be paying more than you were in the states. I imagine you are paying - at least .25c US / kWh for your power. Check your bill's bottom line to see. 

Skywalker

When I lived in Ramos Tower, the electricity was directly from the Building owner, not from the electricity company.

The rate was 12 pesos per unit.

USMC-Retired

In Texas outside Houston: (my bill * 43) / kwh = 5.26 pesos. I was talking to someone in the Philppines (a white dude) yes but your 120 we are 220 so you need to double it. ROTFL he was serious.

Sent from my GT-P6200 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Salty Dog

In Texas outside Houston: (my bill * 43) / kwh = 5.26 pesos. I was talking to someone in the Philppines (a white dude) yes but your 120 we are 220 so you need to double it. ROTFL he was serious.

Sent from my GT-P6200 using Tapatalk

Just tell him yes but you are also using double the amps, so it comes out even.

bounder

In Himamaylan City, Negros Occidental, we pay an average of 10.50 pesos per KwH from NOCECO. 

manly4eva

We are on Tablas Island in Romblon Province....This is our bill attached.This month if you add up the hours we had about 5 full days with no power...Last month we had full service for a month,but this bill is 400 peso more...I honestly don't understand the power company here.This happens often and to many people..I have turned off all things electric and looked for power leaks but it all seems fine.We have no outside power outlets so its not being stolen.Its always been a mystery to me...lol...post-15949-0-79449100-1401588388_thumb.jpg

NOSOCALPINOY

Our month of May Meralco Bill NCR of Luzon 

Our fault, we are not very frugal!

Some of our neighbors have higher usage, I would hate to have their electric bill! 

What's bad, we still may have a heat wave til maybe the middle of June!

post-6728-0-90875300-1401591236_thumb.jpg

Edited by NOSOCALPINOY

lopburi3

We are on Tablas Island in Romblon Province....This is our bill attached.This month if you add up the hours we had about 5 full days with no power...Last month we had full service for a month,but this bill is 400 peso more...I honestly don't understand the power company here.This happens often and to many people..I have turned off all things electric and looked for power leaks but it all seems fine.We have no outside power outlets so its not being stolen.Its always been a mystery to me...lol...attachicon.gifQQ Photo20140601120520.jpg

The key is your usage of 165 kwh this month - compare that with last month - that is the actual electric usage - the price can change depending on the fee/tax in place each month.  The usage will also change not only by how much you run but also by the temperature and how hard your electric appliances have to work.  Normally will be highest during the hottest months of the year if everything else stays the same.  Remember that refrigerator is just like an air conditioner and has to work (use more electric) harder when hot and when you open/close door often.  

Edited by lopburi3

manly4eva

The key is your usage of 165 kwh this month - compare that with last month - that is the actual electric usage - the price can change depending on the fee/tax in place each month.  The usage will also change not only by how much you run but also by the temperature and how hard your electric appliances have to work.  Normally will be highest during the hottest months of the year if everything else stays the same.  Remember that refrigerator is just like an air conditioner and has to work (use more electric) harder when hot and when you open/close door often.  

The usage part I understand but what I can't fathom is when we have no supply for up to 5 days and our usage habits don't change but our bill increases.All I can think is that when the power comes back on the fridge runs like a cheetah on cocaine to get cold again thus increasing our usage.So not only do we have the hassle of no power but when it comes back on they make more money from us. :wheel: