What is your current electric rate, where you live?

lamoe
On 6/26/2017 at 5:50 PM, aussiekangaroo said:

P9.8KWH at Winland Tower if billed by admin or choice to go directly with VECO but I believe at much higher rate. 

Yep 11 +

Went from 1,118 P when I lived alone to 1,4 68 P now that we stay at home and cook / watch TV

• Like 1
  • Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paul

• Woolf

• lopburi3

• lamoe

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got our bill for the past 90 days: Consumption was 4367KW (48.53 per day) and a total cost of Au$761.78 including fees and GST. That works out to be Au$0.1744 cents per Kilowatt.  Pretty cheap fo

We pay about P12 PKWH. It is so low due to the 192 MW geothermal power plant just up the hill.    

Paul, Is it possible to prevent this thread from being locked in the future so we can update our information if it changes? Especially here in the RP where it seems that the rates are about to increas

Posted Images

In Thailand on average i pay around 2500 bht (3750 pesos) monthly and in Cebu 6500 pesos.Conclusion Phills is much more expensive.these are both 35sqm units and just one airco running at the time about 16 hours a day.

• 4 weeks later...
fivestarph

I was at a dinner last night and the topic came up of whether Condo developers can have a Master meter with VECO, thereafter install their meters for each unit and set their own rate per kwh to Unit owners.

Has anybody else heard anything similar?.

Kabisay-an gid
On 8/10/2017 at 7:48 PM, fivestarph said:

I was at a dinner last night and the topic came up of whether Condo developers can have a Master meter with VECO, thereafter install their meters for each unit and set their own rate per kwh to Unit owners. Has anybody else heard anything similar?.

Sounds like BS to me, but you can always contact the Energy Regulatory Commission and ask. If you have a Filipino "significant other", it would be best to let them contact the ERC. Energy prices are tightly regulated in the Philippines, so I sincerely doubt the ERC would let condo developers charge whatever they feel like. But here's the ERC contact info if you want to find out for sure:

http://www.erc.gov.ph/ContentPage/14

• Like 1
JohnSurrey
On 14/07/2017 at 10:48 PM, JohnSurrey said:

I know this sounds like bollox... but, following the recent Leyte quakes, we got our power back on yesterday and the lights seem brighter, the fridge and air-con seem colder and when I charged the "re-chargeables" they seemed to charge faster and brighter!

Is the electricity we're getting from Cebu (or wherever it is coming from on the NGCP) different to the usual stuff we get from Tacloban?

Just to update - we're back on local Electricity and it's back to dim lights, hotter fridge and air-con!

12 minutes ago, JohnSurrey said:

Just to update - we're back on local Electricity and it's back to dim lights, hotter fridge and air-con!

I do not understand how the temp of fridge and aircon changes, are they not thermostat controlled ?

You could buy LED bulbs, they should have a wide voltage range

• Like 1