What is your current electric rate, where you live?

For those who reply to this, please include the state or province, and country you reside in when writing your post, and what your bottom line rate is per kilowatt hour. To be clear, that will be the rate you pay, after all taxes, line, and other charges have been added to your bill. 

Here in Cambodia, it varies widely. I have seen rates anywhere from 720 riel (.18c US) to 2,000 riel (.50c US). At our apartment here in Battambang, the current rate is 1,700r (.425c US) but should only be 1,000r (.25c US). The owners here tend to add to the basic rate, to make money off the tenants.

• Like 1
  • Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paul

• Woolf

• Mikala

• lopburi3

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got our bill for the past 90 days: Consumption was 4367KW (48.53 per day) and a total cost of Au$761.78 including fees and GST. That works out to be Au$0.1744 cents per Kilowatt.  Pretty cheap fo

We pay about P12 PKWH. It is so low due to the 192 MW geothermal power plant just up the hill.    

Paul, Is it possible to prevent this thread from being locked in the future so we can update our information if it changes? Especially here in the RP where it seems that the rates are about to increas

Posted Images

CebuKano

Cebu, Philippines, Mandaue (Visayan Electric Co., Inc) - 10.618963/kWh(PhP) - Avg kWh/day= 13.07

Edited by Motörhead
CebuKano

Paul, Is it possible to prevent this thread from being locked in the future so we can update our information if it changes? Especially here in the RP where it seems that the rates are about to increase. This will be valuable info for anyone setting up a budget for living here or anywhere else.

• Like 2

I just got my latest bill $58.34 with 470 kwh used, so that works out to .1241276 Cents (not pesos) per kwh in Fort Lauderdale, Florida for 34 days. I will be in Cebu soon and check my bills as soon as I get one but I am sure it was more per kwh than Motorhead is paying in Mandaue, if he is taking the whole bill and dividing it by KWH's used? :unsure: I know taxes are much higher in Cebu and then there is the recovery charge they add on for those who steal electric, that those of us who actually pay for our electric have to suffer for. :(

New charges (Rate: RS-1 RESIDENTIAL SERVICE )
Electric service amount 49.23**
Storm charge 0.40
Gross receipts tax 1.27
Franchise charge 3.16
Utility tax 4.28
Total new charges $58.34

Total amount you owe $58.34

BTW the local power company in Florida uses a lot of solar to produce electric.

Edited by Lee
CebuKano

I just got my latest bill $58.34 with 470 kwh used, so that works out to .1241276 Cents (not pesos) per kwh in Fort Lauderdale, Florida for 34 days. I will be in Cebu soon and check my bills as soon as I get one but I am sure it was more per kwh than Motorhead is paying in Mandaue, if he is taking the whole bill and dividing it by KWH's used? :unsure: I know taxes are much higher in Cebu and then there is the recovery charge they add on for those who steal electric, that those of us who actually pay for our electric have to suffer for. :(

What I quoated above is the total bill divided by the kilowatt hours. All tax, fees, etc. The rate hasn't changed for over a year. I did an electricity study at our house a little over a year ago and the numbers are accurate. I know VECO bills inside and out.

All anyone has to do is take their total amount due and divide it by the kilowatt hours billed, but be sure to exclude any surcharge (late fee, if any) which is 2% of the previous balance (if any). Very easy.

• Like 1
SkyMan

Cebu, Philippines, Mandaue (Visayan Electric Co., Inc) - 10.618963/kWh(PhP) - Avg kWh/day= 13.07

Almost the same VECO rate here in Liloan.  p10.684/KWH average over 3 months. 

Talisay  VECO

jan  15 2014  10.25 PhP pr. kwh

dec 15 2013  10.80 PhP pr. kwh

nov 15 2013  11.25 PhP pr. kwh

oct  21 2013  10.38 PhP pr. kwh

sep 14 2013  10.39 PhP pr. kwh

the price pr. kwh changes a little each month, it is the generation charge that change

generation charge

jan 2014      4.9011 pr. kwh

nov 2013     5.6362 pr kwh

Paul, Is it possible to prevent this thread from being locked in the future so we can update our information if it changes? Especially here in the RP where it seems that the rates are about to increase. This will be valuable info for anyone setting up a budget for living here or anywhere else.

Pinned. That will prevent it from being locked by the software. 

• Like 1
BossHog

Siarelco (Siargao Electric Cooperative) bill, January 2014:

Grand Total 698.87 pesos

KWHr: 86.0

rate 8.13

###

(Did I do this right? Bad at maths and not enough coffee yet.)

Not sure about Phils, but i know my gf's bill is about 5000p a month  :twocents:

In Melbourne, Australia with solar panels.

Peak 33c/kwh

Off Peak 16c/kwh

Solar Feed in 68.2c/kwh

Service charge 98c/day

This bill (90 days) was 466kwhr used and 593kwhr fed back to gris so total bill is $182.10 credit - my account is currently $890 in credit

Edited by mexiwi
  • Like 2

London, UK

Average = £0.132 kWh paid to EDF Energy

This includes the daily standing charge of £0.14 and tax at 5%

I also have 12 x 250W grid tied solar panels which in 2013 paid an average of £0.454 kWh generated.

Based on the 73.92 exchange rate currently shown on the forum portal =

9.76 pesos per kWh paid and 33.56 pesos received per kWh

• Like 1

Posting stripped format

Combining the electric supply charge and the transmission services charge, the ComEd Price to Compare effective January 2014 through May 2014 is 5.523 cents per kWh. Electric supply charges for June 2014-May 2015 will not be determined until May 2014.

Prior to June 1, 2013, ComEd's rate for residential space heating was different from the rate for residential non-space heating accounts. As of June 1, 2013, the residential space heating and non-space heating rates are the same.

Price to Compare (in cents per kWh) Non-Summer (January 2014 – May 2014) 5.523

Edited by lamoe
Scruffydog

Here in Hooterville  Middle Georgia

About 10 cents per KW

Last month we used 2706 Kwh--273.84

.0020000 Power Cost Aduj         5.41

Local Tax                                    5.44

State Tax                                     8.37

Total                                            298.80

Edited by Scruffydog