Sign in to follow this  

JSL-USMC

I have been having a go-around with Xoom for a week. I wanted to raise my account to level 3. they sent me a list of requirements which I sent back. they have now asked for the same info 4 different times. Never told me that what I sent might be wrong. Besides, they have all that info from when I first opened the account. Then they stopped my wife's account because I had applied. Called them two times and they always assure me that it has been corrected.

Can anyone suggest another money transfer from the U.S. that they have had good luck with? Now I'm down to using the ATM

shadow

I have been having a go-around with Xoom for a week. I wanted to raise my account to level 3. they sent me a list of requirements which I sent back. they have now asked for the same info 4 different times. Never told me that what I sent might be wrong. Besides, they have all that info from when I first opened the account. Then they stopped my wife's account because I had applied. Called them two times and they always assure me that it has been corrected.

Can anyone suggest another money transfer from the U.S. that they have had good luck with? Now I'm down to using the ATM

Moneygram and Western Union have worked flawlessly for us for years, while we have had too many problems with Xoom to count, although not so much lately. Moneygram can be purchased at any Walmart, cheap if you pay in cash.

If you are sending money to the same person regularly, open a bank account IN YOUR NAME local to you, and send her the ATM card. You put money in, she draws money out. You lose a little on the exchange rate, but not nearly as much as money transfer fees can be.

• Like 3

KennyF

One word for Xoom,  "Don't"

KonC

• Like 1

Scruffydog

Moneygram and Western Union have worked flawlessly for us for years, while we have had too many problems with Xoom to count, although not so much lately. Moneygram can be purchased at any Walmart, cheap if you pay in cash.

If you are sending money to the same person regularly, open a bank account IN YOUR NAME local to you, and send her the ATM card. You put money in, she draws money out. You lose a little on the exchange rate, but not nearly as much as money transfer fees can be.

I have had good luck with Xoom.  My wife seems to always have a promo code handy that lets us do it free

Majorsco

Xoom has been flawless for me for several years.  The money is in my bank account in about 2 minutes avail for immediate use. 

JSL-USMC

I've always heard that Western Union is too expensive. I want to send it from my bank to myself until now Xoom was doing fine. I didn't realize that you can only send so much in a month and so much in a six months. We never sent more than $2999 once a month. I getting ready to build a house and now need larger amounts. since I made this post I found Remit Inc...$1000 no charge but 3 day wait. !st one was $20 off so I sent $ 1,000 for $980. for immediate delivery there is a $4.25 charge. They make plenty on the exchange I imnagine.

Okay, Thanks to you that replied.

Copenhagen

You could try remitly.com.

Majorsco

Like I've mentioned in various threads, I use Xoom to send my monthly pension which is always less than the monthly max.  About 4 years ago, I wanted to send enough to buy a car here and couldn't with the standard Xoom transaction because of the limits, which they clearly post.

They have provisions to send more but you have to contact them for the specific transaction.  I did that and it took some coordinating and about 2-3 days of answering questions, etc. and I was able to do it, then went back to my normal pattern.

Nangulo

Lucky Money

I used them a lot in the states but haven't touched a transfer since 2008.

Monsoon

Depending on Xoom is kind of like dating a big busty blonde who works at a tit bar. When everything is good, it  great, but when it goes wrong you are screwed. 

They left me hanging years ago. You know the old saying, "F*ck me once, shame on you..." well anyway you get the idea.

There doesn't seem to be any logic when dealing with them. I use up all of my 'no logic' patience living here, I don't have any left for anything else.

• Like 2

motorboy

I have used xoom twice in the last 10 days. No problems, second time was 40,000 php and only problem was girl at the bank stopping constantly to talk to whomever passed by, and then she would loose focus and start on something else.  It did take about 5 hours before the money was ready to be picked up second time.

NOSOCALPINOY

I've experienced the same long ago when Xoom was just starting their services on-line!  

They canceled my account without any explanations and they told me that I need a different

account if I wish to register it with them in order to open a new account with Xoom!

I said to them, "Thanks, but no thanks!   

• Like 1

CebuKano

I've used Xoom for years and have never had any problems. When I was building our house over here I needed to raise my limit and after providing some additional verification they raised my limit.

A few times I needed to send even more money (over my limit) so I used Western Union. Western Union is fast and great but they charge a fortune. The more you want to send, the higher the fees.

Keep in mind that it's not Xoom's fault for the limits. It's the banksters. Governments say that they impose the limits for money transfers to prevent money laundering. That's only because the banksters don't want any competition for the laundering. They want a monopoly on that. They don't want an average Joe to do what they do on a daily basis.

Edited by Motörhead

Majorsco

Seems like there is some Xoom derangement syndrome out there based on early, not recent experiences. I would discount any a priori experience older than two years. I'd get current experience.

Edited by Majorsco