Duterte Says He Will Gladly Kill

Majorsco

Proof would have been in police reports and court filings if legal proceedings vs vigilantism were responsible. There is no documentary evidence if vigilantism.

• Like 1
  • Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Majorsco

• Baywak

• RogerDuMond

• Paul

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Paul should make him a moderator on this forum........eliminate the bitchin whining members....

Isn't this how tyranny starts? Best intentions forward and then it slowly morphs and the definition of "criminals" starts to expand...

His strong arm tactics have driven out any opposition, he has cleaned out the poor and underprivileged and flaunts the laws, that as a mayor he has sworn to uphold.     He has driven out any oppos

RogerDuMond

The vice mayor excused himself and came back an hour later to tell me the vigilantes killed a man,the wrong man,a man married with several children who was supposed to be a drug user.

Where do you live that a specific man would be hit by vigilantes without authorization of the Vice?

• Like 1

a murder for a tank of shellane

Where do you draw the line? 

What could he possibly have committed that would make you think he should be killed? I would gamble on - nothing.

Where do you live that a specific man would be hit by vigilantes without authorization of the Vice?

That's something they don't think about. They are ordered to make extrajudicial killings. They don't just go out and do it on their own, randomly shooting people. 

You can bet your ass that the DDS doesn't. The Vigilantes who were in Cebu followed suit as well. 

Davaoeno

I had a meeting with a member of the DDS- not one of the bullshit wanna-be's but the real thing.  He told me that anything that happens is very tightly controlled .  It is not something that is taken lightly . 

Just because the Mayor makes things a bit dramatic for the electorate  that doesnt mean that reality is like that . 

• Like 4

I had a meeting with a member of the DDS- not one of the bullshit wanna-be's but the real thing.  He told me that anything that happens is very tightly controlled .  It is not something that is taken lightly . 

Just because the Mayor makes things a bit dramatic for the electorate  that doesnt mean that reality is like that . 

I have to disagree with that more then completely davaoeno

• Like 2

Regarding the thief an eye for an eye.

The issue is, he DIDN'T ask. He just took it. 

I can't stand a thief or a liar. If you are one, you are the other - in my book. 

are you saying that if your kid had a drug problem in georgia you agree he should be murdered?????

are you saying that if your kid had a drug problem in georgia you agree he should be murdered?????

What? Actually, my dumb ass son recently was arrested for having drugs in his car, in Texas.

My daughter informed me about it. I always told him, as long as he was in the right, I would ALWAYS stand up for him and be there - even if I needed to fly back to the US. Both of them know that. However, if they break the law they should pay for what they did, as anyone else would have to, including me. 

But, that has nothing to do with what you are saying here. If my son were on drugs and robbed a place and got shot in the process, then he got what he deserved. If you did it, you would have gotten what you deserved. 

If you meant anything else by your reply, I do not understand what you are saying.

If you think I would be any less strict, or have a differing view because it were family who may be involved, you are wrong.

Edited by Paul
  • Like 2
Davaoeno

I have to disagree with that more then completely davaoeno

no problem 

• Like 1

What? Actually, my dumb ass son recently was arrested for having drugs in his car, in Texas.

My daughter informed me about it. I always told him, as long as he was in the right, I would ALWAYS stand up for him and be there - even if I needed to fly back to the US. Both of them know that. However, if they break the law they should pay for what they did, as anyone else would have to, including me. 

But, that has nothing to do with what you are saying here. If my son were on drugs and robbed a place and got shot in the process, then he got what he deserved. If you did it, you would have gotten what you deserved. 

If you meant anything else by your reply, I do not understand what you are saying.

If you think I would be any less strict, or have a differing view because it were family who may be involved, you are wrong.

Look Paul,I am not ignorant to the Philippines but to think murder to clean up crime by committing the utmost crime-Murder-is not something to respect.

• Like 2

Ok Paul,I understand what you are saying.Now lets look at it from a vigilante mentality.Your son was arrested-he's murdered-then found innocent.There were kids murdered all over Davao,some not even teenagers yet,many for drug use.and like the example I gave of the guy with a big family was murdered by mistake.Now davaoeno says he had a meeting with the real deal and not the wanna be vigilantes.Ya see how the insanity grows.Is there really a difference when both think what they are doing is justice.Does a kid doing rugby have a serious problem or does he deserve to be murdered.This will never work in the long run.The backlash will be more severe then the Marcos days.

• Like 3

Look Paul,I am not ignorant to the Philippines but to think murder to clean up crime by committing the utmost crime-Murder-is not something to respect.

Then, by all means, that is your opinion and you are certainly right to have it, as well as your stance against vigilantism. Mine just happens to be different. That's all I am saying.

I am very conservative when it comes to topics like this. I think that people should know, and learn to leave others' shit alone. I believe, when a person makes a conscience decision to break the law, they should be fully prepared to pay the price for doing so. 

Both of my children are grown. They are no longer my legal responsibility. So, I couldn't "protect" them if I wanted to. Anything I wanted to instill in those children, I should have done so before now. Don't you agree?

Unfortunately, my son was reared by his mother, not me. She let him get away with too much. I didn't find out a lot that happened in Texas, until not too long ago. I found out she would buy him another car, after he wrecked his first one. Had he been living with me, he would have been walking afterward. So, if anyone else is at fault here, she is - for not being more strict on him.

I was, by far, the disciplinarian with my children. If I told them they were going to get an ass whippin' when we got home, there was zero doubt in their minds. They knew that, if I promised them something, it would happen, good or bad. I never lied to my children, and don't today. I never broke a single promise to my children, and haven't until today. I did the best I could with them, which is why both of them still respect me until today. However, my son chose not to listen to myself, and his sister, who cares for him very much. Unfortunately, he has gotten involved in stuff he shouldn't have, and now thinks he is a man, and has no issues "throwing some time". So, he can throw all of his life away that he wants to, now. He may end up in prison doing many years, if he keeps heading down this road. I, and others, have tried to talk with him. He's in his early 20's and knows everything. Well, it's time he get an education, as far as I am concerned. 

I believe that we, as parents, are more of an influence on our children than any outside force is. But, when they grow up, it is time for them to have their wings and to be able to make their own decisions. However, when either of them have come to me for advice, I have always made it a point to give them the best advice I could, with them in mind. 

The same SHOULD apply to every parent in this world. Unfortunately, because the world is such a shit hole that it is, people do horrible things to those children, rather than nurturing them, rather than helping them form into productive members of society. They may end up growing up to be thugs themselves, or rapists, or murderers. Unfortunately, there are many that we cannot save, who end up killed by vigilantes, or are otherwise dealt with by the law. 

The positive side of this is, there are some who can be helped, and we should. 

Sorry for drifting off topic here. But, I believe this to be relevant concerning what you and I are discussing, concerning Rody and the way he handles Davao City. I think he is doing a great job, and should continue doing so. No one bothers him. They let him run his city the way he does. It is, probably, the most efficient city in the country. I would dare say, without looking up any statistics, that it has the lowest crime rate in the country. 

Then, by all means, that is your opinion and you are certainly right to have it, as well as your stance against vigilantism. Mine just happens to be different. That's all I am saying.

I am very conservative when it comes to topics like this. I think that people should know, and learn to leave others' shit alone. I believe, when a person makes a conscience decision to break the law, they should be fully prepared to pay the price for doing so. 

Both of my children are grown. They are no longer my legal responsibility. So, I couldn't "protect" them if I wanted to. Anything I wanted to instill in those children, I should have done so before now. Don't you agree?

Unfortunately, my son was reared by his mother, not me. She let him get away with too much. I didn't find out a lot that happened in Texas, until not too long ago. I found out she would buy him another car, after he wrecked his first one. Had he been living with me, he would have been walking afterward. So, if anyone else is at fault here, she is - for not being more strict on him.

I was, by far, the disciplinarian with my children. If I told them they were going to get an ass whippin' when we got home, there was zero doubt in their minds. They knew that, if I promised them something, it would happen, good or bad. I never lied to my children, and don't today. I never broke a single promise to my children, and haven't until today. I did the best I could with them, which is why both of them still respect me until today. However, my son chose not to listen to myself, and his sister, who cares for him very much. Unfortunately, he has gotten involved in stuff he shouldn't have, and now thinks he is a man, and has no issues "throwing some time". So, he can throw all of his life away that he wants to, now. He may end up in prison doing many years, if he keeps heading down this road. I, and others, have tried to talk with him. He's in his early 20's and knows everything. Well, it's time he get an education, as far as I am concerned. 

I believe that we, as parents, are more of an influence on our children than any outside force is. But, when they grow up, it is time for them to have their wings and to be able to make their own decisions. However, when either of them have come to me for advice, I have always made it a point to give them the best advice I could, with them in mind. 

The same SHOULD apply to every parent in this world. Unfortunately, because the world is such a shit hole that it is, people do horrible things to those children, rather than nurturing them, rather than helping them form into productive members of society. They may end up growing up to be thugs themselves, or rapists, or murderers. Unfortunately, there are many that we cannot save, who end up killed by vigilantes, or are otherwise dealt with by the law. 

The positive side of this is, there are some who can be helped, and we should. 

Sorry for drifting off topic here. But, I believe this to be relevant concerning what you and I are discussing, concerning Rody and the way he handles Davao City. I think he is doing a great job, and should continue doing so. No one bothers him. They let him run his city the way he does. It is, probably, the most efficient city in the country. I would dare say, without looking up any statistics, that it has the lowest crime rate in the country. 

I believe, when a person makes a conscience decision to break the law, they should be fully prepared to pay the price for doing so. I beg your pardon Paul,But do you really adhere to this thinking?

Ok Paul,I understand what you are saying.Now lets look at it from a vigilante mentality.Your son was arrested-he's murdered-then found innocent.There were kids murdered all over Davao,some not even teenagers yet,many for drug use.and like the example I gave of the guy with a big family was murdered by mistake.Now davaoeno says he had a meeting with the real deal and not the wanna be vigilantes.Ya see how the insanity grows.Is there really a difference when both think what they are doing is justice.Does a kid doing rugby have a serious problem or does he deserve to be murdered.This will never work in the long run.The backlash will be more severe then the Marcos days.

I agree with Ian here. (For God's sake do not tell him, though! I will never live it down.) I do not believe the vigilantes make the "mistakes" and "mistaken identities" that people tend to say they do. So, I do not believe they would have murdered my son unless he were a repeat offender. While I do not know any of the DDS on a personal note, I DO know someone who was involved in the extrajudicial killings during 2004 and 2005, in Cebu City. I agree that they are very well aware of those they go after. In Cebu, they were hard against repeat offenders, hence the reason they killed so many after they were released from the BBRC (after having a history of being in there). Repeat offenders, typically, will not change. This has been proven too many times over the years. 

Another thing I believe is, once someone enters the penal system of just about any country, including Norway and their "golf club" for murderers, rapists, and other lowlifes, they end up worse when they are released. I think that, for the most part, most criminals learn how to hone their skills while doing time, rather than becoming a better citizen, ultimately becoming a productive member of society after being released. Perhaps, just maybe, there is a limited window where they can be removed from there, and still end up having a positive life. Who knows? 

I would like, if possible, for you to show me any sort of proof of children being murdered "all over Davao". I am truly not aware of this information. 

• Like 1

I agree with Ian here. (For God's sake do not tell him, though! I will never live it down.) I do not believe the vigilantes make the "mistakes" and "mistaken identities" that people tend to say they do. So, I do not believe they would have murdered my son unless he were a repeat offender. While I do not know any of the DDS on a personal note, I DO know someone who was involved in the extrajudicial killings during 2004 and 2005, in Cebu City. I agree that they are very well aware of those they go after. In Cebu, they were hard against repeat offenders, hence the reason they killed so many after they were released from the BBRC (after having a history of being in there). Repeat offenders, typically, will not change. This has been proven too many times over the years. 

Another thing I believe is, once someone enters the penal system of just about any country, including Norway and their "golf club" for murderers, rapists, and other lowlifes, they end up worse when they are released. I think that, for the most part, most criminals learn how to hone their skills while doing time, rather than becoming a better citizen, ultimately becoming a productive member of society after being released. Perhaps, just maybe, there is a limited window where they can be removed from there, and still end up having a positive life. Who knows? 

I would like, if possible, for you to show me any sort of proof of children being murdered "all over Davao". I am truly not aware of this information. 

The newspaper did'nt hide any of the vigilante murders of kids or any age.Also I have family in and around Davao.Last year a kiwi friend was getting in a taxi with his small daughter on his arm when a motorcyle pulled up trying to grab his daughter,he managed to get into the taxi with the little girl while the taxi drove away-the guy on the motorcyle put a bolo blade through the roof of the taxi.Davao ain't without crime at all.

Edited by Baywak
  • Like 1
Borinquen

Don't know how accurate this is, but ranked 4th safest city in the world. You can guess it's the safest city in Pinas :)

http://www.sunstar.com.ph/davao/local-news/2013/08/11/davao-ranked-4th-safest-349-cities-297317

Home » Davao » Local News

Davao ranked as 4th safest in 349 cities

-AA+A

By Arianne Caryl N. Casas

Sunday, August 11, 2013

DAVAO -- The city of Davao ranked fourth as the world's safest place, according to website Numbeo.com.

Out of 349 entries, Davao City is the only metropolis in the Philippines that made it to the top 10. It has a crime index of 13.27 and safety index of 86.73.

Makati landed at 20th place with a crime index of 18.75 and safety index of 81.25.

The only other cities listed from the Philippines are: Manila with a crime index of 64.54 and safety index of 35.46, and Cebu with a crime index of 46.88 and safety index of 53.12.

According to the website, safety index is, on the other way, quite opposite of crime index. If the city has a high safety index, it is considered very safe.

It said that it is 93.75 percent safe to walk alone during daylight in Davao, while 76.69 percent safe to walk alone during night.

"These data are based on perceptions of visitors of this website in the past two years. If value is 0, it means it is perceived as very low, and if value is 100, it means it is perceived as very high," the website said.

With regard the crime index of 18.75, the website explained, the issue with the highest rate is the problem on corruption and bribery with 31.67, followed by “worries things from car stolen” with 29.69, then “worries home broken and things stolen” with 26.56.

The issue with the least crime rate is “worries being subject to a physical attack because of your skin color, ethnic origin or religion” with 6.67.

• Like 1