Duterte Says He Will Gladly Kill

Skywalker

Singapore is a good example of a consistently orderly and controlled society.

Singapore is a benign dictatorship.  A very poor example of democracy.  Do really don't quite understand this do you?

• Like 1
  • Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Majorsco

• Baywak

• RogerDuMond

• Paul

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Paul should make him a moderator on this forum........eliminate the bitchin whining members....

Isn't this how tyranny starts? Best intentions forward and then it slowly morphs and the definition of "criminals" starts to expand...

His strong arm tactics have driven out any opposition, he has cleaned out the poor and underprivileged and flaunts the laws, that as a mayor he has sworn to uphold.     He has driven out any oppos

smokey

Show me another way that makes the criminals so fearful, that they wish to remain in jail, rather than to be released. 

Show me another way that reduces the crime rate in a city to almost zero, and I will support it.

I see you do not live in Cebu City. However, during the time of our "Vigilantes". Women would walk downtown with their jewelry hanging from their bodies again. People would walk in "bad areas" at night, again. People felt safe in the city, for the first time in ages. 

Look at the justice system in the US. It's a joke. We need judges like Judge Roy Bean again. 

seems the vigilante vanished when the new admin. came into power 

I'm sure i heard him say on tv that he will kill him if the smuggler comes out and fight when Duterte sees him in the act of unloading smuggled rice.

Print media has this routine of always leaving out some sentences or words for sensationalism.

Oh, I imagine, if Rody said it, he pretty well means it. But, you are right about the news media. In the Philippines, they are mainly smut newspapers, as they are in most other countries. There are few I would say that post any sort of balanced reporting.

I agree with your assessment if the justice system of the US mostly. It works in the rural parts but not in the urban areas . Federal justice system is a joke I agree.

Judges like judge Bean, I don't know, but I understand the sentiment. Sheriff Arpaio in Phoenix is one getting the job done within the law and he's feared by the PC police in DOJ.

I am a HUGE supporter of Sheriff Arpaio. You can tell, from this thread, that I have supported him for a long time. I wish he would live forever. 

Establishing a police force that enforced laws rather than being corrupt themselves, having judges impose maximum sentences, building bigger prisons, use intelligence capabilities to get and convict the criminal leaders, then those who replace them. Bring in troops if necessary to aid the police.

Corruption is why the city let criminals rein. They will do what they want if they "own" officials and police.

Even if the mayor gets what he wants in Davao, without fixing the underlying cause , the criminals will go to a city they can "buy" and start over.

The mayor needs to work with Pres Aquino in eliminating corruption and not just engage in a short term crusade.

Once control has been achieved then it needs to be maintained.

Singapore is a good example of a consistently orderly and controlled society. Not perfect, but crime is not rampant.

I wouldn't say crime is "rampant" in the Philippines, either. I do not mean any disrespect to the current President of the Philippines. But, he is no where near as strict as Rody is. He would not be anywhere nearly as hard on crime as Rody is.

As far as corrupt police, it doesn't stop there. There are many corrupt officials in the Philippines.

In the west, the officials are scare of the public calling them racists, for one reason or another. They want to "go with the flow" and not make any waves. When, in reality, they should be sticking those lowlifes in prison, or in the chair - whichever their sentence may call for. I think, in the US anyway, the days of strict, by the book judges is slowly slipping away from us. 

Get a President who has the balls Rody has, and then the country will move in a positive direction. Until that day comes, I fear we are pissing in the wind.

I'm sure the citizens feel that way now.  Some people liked Marcos.   If he were to follow through on his lawless lawmanship (I know its not a word, but it works), do the ends justify the means?  That encourages more lawlessness for other offenses.  Maybe some of his political enemies may just disappear for the common good.  Maybe starting off on a public spirited note, but may end up just like Marcos, and we all know what happened during his dictatorship. 

i must have missed something here   I thought that politicians only killed politicians  (there is money to be made from rice smugglers )

Majorsco

Singapore is a benign dictatorship. A very poor example of democracy. Do really don't quite understand this do you?

I wasn't talking about democracy, but rather its law and order.

Majorsco

Oh, I imagine, if Rody said it, he pretty well means it. But, you are right about the news media. In the Philippines, they are mainly smut newspapers, as they are in most other countries. There are few I would say that post any sort of balanced reporting.

I am a HUGE supporter of Sheriff Arpaio. You can tell, from this thread, that I have supported him for a long time. I wish he would live forever.

I wouldn't say crime is "rampant" in the Philippines, either. I do not mean any disrespect to the current President of the Philippines. But, he is no where near as strict as Rody is. He would not be anywhere nearly as hard on crime as Rody is.

As far as corrupt police, it doesn't stop there. There are many corrupt officials in the Philippines.

In the west, the officials are scare of the public calling them racists, for one reason or another. They want to "go with the flow" and not make any waves. When, in reality, they should be sticking those lowlifes in prison, or in the chair - whichever their sentence may call for. I think, in the US anyway, the days of strict, by the book judges is slowly slipping away from us.

Get a President who has the balls Rody has, and then the country will move in a positive direction. Until that day comes, I fear we are pissing in the wind.

Yes, I agree with the proviso that it's done within the law or else the criminals and the crime fighters are doing the same thing, just for different reasons. I don't object to his strong stance, just when he advocates killing outside of the justice system, there he crosses the line.

• Like 4

i must have missed something here   I thought that politicians only killed politicians  (there is money to be made from rice smugglers )

Insinuating that the mayor of Davao City is corrupt, which is how that may easily be construed, is not the wisest statement to make on an open forum. 

• Like 1

Yes, I agree with the proviso that it's done within the law or else the criminals and the crime fighters are doing the same thing, just for different reasons. I don't object to his strong stance, just when he advocates killing outside of the justice system, there he crosses the line.

I did not hear Duterte say he will kill him just because he caught him unloading smuggled goods but only if he comes out and fight when caught in the act so i guess that is still covered under the justice system.

RogerDuMond

Singapore is a good example of a consistently orderly and controlled society.

Not a bad example. One of the primary forms of punishment is caning this includes caning of children by parents as a punishment. They also have the death penalty in Singapore by hanging for such offenses as attempting to use a weapon in a crime. So maybe if these types of punishments were instituted as you suggest there wouldn't be a call for vigilantes.

• Like 1
just when he advocates killing outside of the justice system, there he crosses the line.

It's like fighting terrorists. You can't play by rules, when they don't. If you do, you will never win. 

So maybe if these types of punishments were instituted as you suggest there wouldn't be a call for vigilantes.

Well, Ate Glo kinda screwed that all up, when she did away with the death penalty. :rolleyes: Have death as a sentence for crimes, judge them accordingly, and actually carry out the death sentence. Then you will see a turn around, I agree.

I like Rody's way, though. He eliminates the middleman, therefore costing taxpayers fewer pesos. :D

Edited by Paul

Insinuating that the mayor of Davao City is corrupt, which is how that may easily be construed, is not the wisest statement to make on an open forum.

no insinuation

Then, I would certainly be very careful of making such accusations while in the Philippines. 

Take the advice, or leave it. It's up to you.

Lets see,just a few of many vigilante murders I am aware of,there are many more.I was having dinner with the vice mayors family when some men came to the door.The vice mayor excused himself and came back an hour later to tell me the vigilantes killed a man,the wrong man,a man married with several children who was supposed to be a drug user.The vice mayor said the guy had nothing to do with drugs.Innocent.Then there's the guy who was a celfone snatcher who was caught,spent his time in prison,released.a family and kids.When he was released from prison the vigilantes murdered him.Then theres the filippino down the road from us that robbed a full tank of shellane and a garden hose from our porch,he robbed a few hanging plants from the kano's porch across the street  and he robbed a rusted out piece of shit cook pot from the broken down shed next door,a lawyers house.I needed to get some papers notorized,I went to this lawyers house next door.When he finished the paperwork he looked at me asking if I had seen the "GUY",I said no-he said we got him,I said where is he-the lawyer said dead,we got him.I told him if the guy would have asked me for the tank of shellane and garden hose,I would have given it to him.I looked at this asshole and said-I guess you went to mass and communion after the murder-correct and walked out.These are only a few that i know and I'll bet there are thousands of others like this that others could tell.

• Like 1

Regarding the thief an eye for an eye.

The issue is, he DIDN'T ask. He just took it. 

I can't stand a thief or a liar. If you are one, you are the other - in my book. 

Edited by Paul

a murder for a tank of shellane?????.I'd hate to see the karma coming to some people who embrace this insane non sense.

Edited by Baywak
  • Like 1