• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Majorsco

• Baywak

• RogerDuMond

• Paul

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Paul should make him a moderator on this forum........eliminate the bitchin whining members....

Isn't this how tyranny starts? Best intentions forward and then it slowly morphs and the definition of "criminals" starts to expand...

His strong arm tactics have driven out any opposition, he has cleaned out the poor and underprivileged and flaunts the laws, that as a mayor he has sworn to uphold.     He has driven out any oppos

Majorsco

That shows his commitment to the rule of law. Vigilantism should rule in Davao in his mind. He's dangerous!

• Like 3
CebuKano

It will be nice to go back to the good ol' days of martial law.... :sarcasm:

• Like 2
  • Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

How mature and licit of him.

Borinquen

Duterte said the country does not need more laws but more good men. He added that smuggling cannot be prevented due to "negligence, money and it is already a lucrative practice." "The trouble with us in government is that we talk too much, act too slow, and do too little," Duterte said.

Vigilante style killings are a huge negative issue... but seems to work for Davao. I've lived in different places in Pinas, for a few months here and there, but no place compares to the law and order in Davao. (Maybe Global City comes close)

That shows his commitment to the rule of law. Vigilantism should rule in Davao in his mind. He's dangerous!

Murder to create change,Maybe that will be the filippino style revolution if Duterte becomes

pres.

• Like 1
Majorsco

Murder to create change,Maybe that will be the filippino style revolution if Duterte becomes

pres.

Ferdinand Marcos 2.0

• Like 2
JamesMusslewhite

It sort of restores one's faith in humanity does it not? :biggrin_01:

• Like 1
Skywalker

I seem to remember a certain black lawyer who spend more than 20 years in prison for terrorist related crimes, and he ended up a hero, and President of South Africa.

Edited by Skywalker
  • Like 5
Majorsco

I seem to remember a certain black lawyer who spend more than 20 years in prison for terrorist related crimes, and he ended up a hero, and President of South Africa.

Yes, he almost committed murder, but didn't. He later regretted his methods, not the goal.

Also rice smuggling us nor on par with south Africa's apartheid. Not even close. Rice smuggling is a crime and should be handled as such along with prosecuting any corrupt govt officials in the appropriate courts.

Are you saying committing extrajudicial murder is acceptable in modern civilization?

And The mayor is not calling for trial, conviction, then execution if a judge sentences him. He's advocating murder outright. He's popular for it, but it's lawless and irresponsible.

• Like 5
JamesMusslewhite

Yes, he almost committed murder, but didn't. He later regretted his methods, not the goal.

Also rice smuggling us nor on par with south Africa's apartheid. Not even close. Rice smuggling is a crime and should be handled as such along with prosecuting any corrupt govt officials in the appropriate courts.

Are you saying committing extrajudicial murder is acceptable in modern civilization?

And The mayor is not calling for trial, conviction, then execution if a judge sentences him. He's advocating murder outright. He's popular for it, but it's lawless and irresponsible.

Most all the law abiding citizens of his city perhaps feel differently than you, as they remember what it was like before him. It seems to me that only criminals need fear him. He says stop and leave his city to some who do believe that they are above the law, and when thy don't an example is made so others understand better to damn well listen?

Edited by JamesMusslewhite
  • Like 4
CebuKano

Most all the law abiding citizens of his city perhaps feel differently than you, as they remember what it was like before him. It seems to me that only criminals need fear him. He says stop and leave his city to some who do believe that they are above the law, and when thy don't an example is made so others understand better to damn well listen?

Isn't this how tyranny starts? Best intentions forward and then it slowly morphs and the definition of "criminals" starts to expand...

Edited by Motörhead
  • Like 7
Majorsco

I'm sure the citizens feel that way now.  Some people liked Marcos.   If he were to follow through on his lawless lawmanship (I know its not a word, but it works), do the ends justify the means?  That encourages more lawlessness for other offenses.  Maybe some of his political enemies may just disappear for the common good.  Maybe starting off on a public spirited note, but may end up just like Marcos, and we all know what happened during his dictatorship. 

• Like 2