Sign in to follow this  
motorboy

Golden Peak Hotel

Kim_

Though the rate at 25k (if the electricity really is included) looks interesting.

But, for value for money - as I have already described in the break down of costs, as a monthly rental, I would certainly recommend the place.  It maybe that the standard isn't high enough for you, and that's fine.  It's really about location and value, and for me it ticks the right boxes.

For money yes, as I have already said it looks as a good deal.... perhaps they are loosing guests to better hotels in the neighborhood..?

Standard? Me, I don't care as long as I have a clean bed & friendly staff and atmosphere. And internet these days.

I have stayed in many hotels in Cebu as I stated somewhere else, perhaps not this thread.

To make this really simple, the unit cost (inclusive) on a daily basis is about 822 pesos a day.

£11 a day!  Less than $20 dollars.

As per Agoda the cheapest daily rate is 1489,01 PHP. Please do not confuse us with breaking monthly deals into daily rates.

All I'm saying is that sometimes in 2000-2001 I had a shitty experience in the very hotel, Golden Crap, that I'm happy to let everyone know now. Also they have the worse entry/exit to the parking basement I've ever seen anywhere.

Besides, why is it a good location? From this hotel you HAVE to walk/take taxi where ever you go. Other places whether it's located next to Ayala or in Fuente at least you are steps away from whatever is your prime area of interest.

Well I hope that concludes my opinion/stand about this hotel, the only hotel from all that I have stayed in in Cebu that I'm pissed with.

Edited by Kim_

Skywalker

Anyway, personal vendetta from 13 years ago aside, Motorboy's more contemporary experience is far more valid.

Members can take from the thread what they will.  I wouldn't consider a review from 5 years ago as particularly useful for that matter.

My own experience was only 12 months ago, and in no way does it remotely resemble what Kim is complaining about.

Please do not confuse us with breaking monthly deals into daily rates.

Sorry if that confused you.  

• Like 1

motorboy

I checked almost every hotel I could find in this area, and price was almost double. The only issue I have is sometimes the internet sucks, but that has been an issue in the other two hotels I stayed here as well. The staff has been great, all smiles and address me by name (most remember it). Stayed at Eddies (now Beverly's) and prefer here. I have a sink, fridge, and little area that I could, if I wanted, cook on a burner. But I don't cook, so who cares about a kitchen. If you can find an actual better value in the area, then please let me know.

• Like 3

ron100

i stay there all the time over the last few yrs  for 2/3 weeks at a time every 1/2 months and never had a prob,and at 1000 night and i have looked at others in the area and its the best value for money

• Like 1

nsx

you might try the Richmond hotel top floors are condo type. the internet is very fast and i think better location

Paul

Thats exacly my issue with this hotel. It wasn't.

I came to the hotel late night, given a room.. toilet not working ... went back to reception to complain... got another room .... dirty.... staff with me saying sorry.... we went to another room... not cleaned after previous guest.... then yet another......  well, I promised myself not to step into this hotel ever again.... so far I have kept that promise.....  but I'm open to hear what others are saying... perhaps they are better now

Sorry. Been "out of reach". Just back now. I hope everyone played well together. 

Anyway, not to give you shit. But, to just say you will never go back to a hotel is leaving yourself to possibly great service at a later date. Sometimes, they change hands. Sometimes, they hire new management.

Kim_

Sorry. Been "out of reach". Just back now. I hope everyone played well together. 

Anyway, not to give you shit. But, to just say you will never go back to a hotel is leaving yourself to possibly great service at a later date. Sometimes, they change hands. Sometimes, they hire new management.

Yes, you are right of course. I actually said in my very first post that my experience is old/outdated. And I have been genuinely interested in knowing more about this hotel, after Motorboy said electricity is included in a monthly deal. 25k PHP a month including all is good.

However, we all, have at times had bad experiences and promised ourselves never get into such hotel again. This w a s my bad experience, but I am not worse than that I can change my stand since everyone else are saying it's a good hotel.   

Edited by Kim_

comingtocebu

you might try the Richmond hotel top floors are condo type. the internet is very fast and i think better location

do they do monthly? how much?

to the OP staying at golden peak have you tried using any backup internet like smart bro or pocket wifis?

ellenbrook2001

hmm cheap but to many students KOREAN there with no manners screaming in the middle of the night when they got home drunk also to get in the lift if KOREAN are there waiting you have no chance to get in they are so rude and so noisy.

Cebu-Viking

Stayed there 2 months in 2013.

Students are frequent visitors and they are noisy!

Guards talked to them and leave, 5 minutes later back to full party in the hallways all night.

Rooms comes in different layout and size,all run down and outdated. Take a close look at the pictures posted before.

With carpets old as the building, cleanliness is a issue. Had to ask maid to vacum it. Else they almost never do it.

Twice a week room cleaning, extra cleaning was 500 peso!

Curtains are thin and let in sun 6 AM.

Water damage around windows in many rooms.

Kitchen doors and wardrobe doors need replacement.

Elevator waiting time up to 5 minutes many times, due to offices on lower floors, weddings, parties.

Only good thing I can say, short walk down Gorordo Ave to Ayala.

For 5000 peso more a month (30000), Premiere Citi Suites is a much better option.

Located near Juana Osmena, near Mango. Opened 3 years ago, modern, clean,  big TV, safe in room.

Small smoke free hotel, advanced booking needed.