Sign in to follow this  
motorboy

Golden Peak Hotel

motorboy

My first night here and I have heard zero noise coming from within the building. I can hear the noise from the street, but it did not affect my sleeping at all. Will update if this changes, but so far so good.

• Like 2

Kim_
Are those condo rooms studios or 1-bedroom? Fully equipped?

It is a studio room.

Perhaps, you misunderstood me...

I wasn't asking about the room You are renting but the apartment rooms..... Do you have any info on them?

motorboy

You are renting but the apartment rooms..... Do you have any info on them?

No, I only know about the hotel. Didn't even know they had those. I will ask one worker I chat with in the morning and see if I can dig anything up about it. Know you have me curious

• Like 1

MattFromGA

Or, rather than going through and booking a stay for a couple of nights, etc., just ask them to show you the specific room you would be renting?

That seems risky.  What if that at capacity?  

motorboy

That seems risky. What if that at capacity?

For the monthly deal, I believe you have to book through hotel. I simply made a reservation with them directly, no fees up front. Before I paid any money I physically saw the room first that I would be renting. They made the offer to actually show me the room up front. I felt like they expected foreigners to do this. So far I am very happy here.  

• Like 1

Paul

That seems risky.  What if that at capacity?  

In all my years of knowing the operations of Golden Peak, they have never been at capacity. They did use to reserve a couple of rooms, and sometimes would tell people with general inquiries that they were full.

Well, with the exception of Sinulog, that is.

tim

So far I am very happy here.  

Well, just checking in to see if there are any problems with the Hotel ? Have U any warnings for others who might want to try this hotel out?

thanks

• Like 1

Skywalker

Location is excellent really.  And the rent is certainly reasonable, if you look at the inclusive electricity and water, cable, and no condo fee's.

The only downside is the crappy TV, and fresh coat of paint.  Well I am sure they wouldn't mind if you got the place painted and buying your own TV, depending on how long you want to stay, isn't unreasonable.

If you deduct the bills, say 6000 for electricity, 500 for water, 500 for cable, and probably 3000 condo fee's you are looking at an actual rent of about 15,000 pesos a month, which is better than you will get at Winland I would think.

Okay it's an old building - look in the mirror!

Edited by Skywalker
  • Like 1

Kim_

Well, just checking in to see if there are any problems with the Hotel ? Have U any warnings for others who might want to try this hotel out?

thanks

I am curious to hear that as well. From my point, staying in this hotel 13-14 years ago, it's the crappiest shit available.

There are better hotels as per my opinion.

Location?  There are many many hotels in this and nearby location. Though the rate at 25k (if the electricity really is included) looks interesting. The rate is for a normal room as I understand, not a room with kitchenette including kitchenware & what ever needed to making it possible to do cooking.

Skywalker

I am curious to hear that as well. From my point, staying in this hotel 13-14 years ago, it's the crappiest shit available. There are better hotels as per my opinion.

You experience from 13 - 14 years ago isn't exactly relevant I would suggest.

If you think there are better Hotels, I didn't notice you name any.  The "crappiest shit available" is hardly constructive.  If you know any hotels near to Ayala that can properly compete, lets hear about them?

• Like 1

Paul

We had a business in 2005-2006, for those who don't know. It was about 2 blocks from Golden Peak. At the time, we booked members into the Golden Peak. The member got the same rate as anyone else would, and we got a small commission. We were booking enough people in each month, that it paid our electric bill - about Php 10,000. I do not recall any issues that came up, which were not sorted. Of course, it's been a long time ago - now. I have stayed there as well and never had any issues at the hotel. 

Of course, i don't mind an "older" hotel room, as long as it is clean. Clean is a must. 

Kim_

You experience from 13 - 14 years ago isn't exactly relevant I would suggest.

Yes, I'm aware of that and as I already said far earlier in this thread. But as many of us when we have experienced something bad we like to say so when opportunity comes up. My time to say now. The hotel IS SHITTY.  Then everyone take it as you like. No need to come back tell me I am right.

If you think there are better Hotels, I didn't notice you name any.  The "crappiest shit available" is hardly constructive.  If you know any hotels near to Ayala that can properly compete, lets hear about them?

Any hotel you can find using google, Agoda etc etc ....

I normally stay in Paragon suites but thats only for short stay... not monthly...

I have stayed in Eddie's, Paragon suites, Sarrosa, Castle Peak and two other hotels (forgetting the names) in the area that are all better as per my opinion.  So now you can go ahead shoot me, mr Skywalker.

Sent from my Note using international smoke signals

• Like 1

Kim_

Clean is a must.
Thats exacly my issue with this hotel. It wasn't.

I came to the hotel late night, given a room.. toilet not working ... went back to reception to complain... got another room .... dirty.... staff with me saying sorry.... we went to another room... not cleaned after previous guest.... then yet another......  well, I promised myself not to step into this hotel ever again.... so far I have kept that promise.....  but I'm open to hear what others are saying... perhaps they are better now

Skywalker

So now you can go ahead shoot me, mr Skywalker.

Haha  I don't want to shoot you Sir, I just want a better, more informed answer.

Paul's answer speaks volumes to me.  I understand what the OP is saying, because I have looked at rooms in that building.  I didn't stay there because I found my current place, which for me is fine, while I wait for my condo to be handed over.

But, for value for money - as I have already described in the break down of costs, as a monthly rental, I would certainly recommend the place.  It maybe that the standard isn't high enough for you, and that's fine.  It's really about location and value, and for me it ticks the right boxes.

• Like 1

Skywalker

To make this really simple, the unit cost (inclusive) on a daily basis is about 822 pesos a day.

£11 a day!  Less than $20 dollars.

Edited by Skywalker
  • Like 1