Sign in to follow this  
motorboy

Golden Peak Hotel

ThomsonJr

note they may have refurnished the rooms since i stayed there....... i havent even seen one, let alone stayed in it.

I doubt it. They usually dont care unless it all starts falling apart.

ron100

i stay  there all the time, and good deal,just watch out they not try to give u to single beds??  i use the 1000 night promo as u get lower floors ,i have been to all the hotels around there ,and its the best deal about,though the lifts can be slow to the top floors as the bottom 9 are offices ,there is  a way to get free internet ,but if u wanna know just pm me ,but not sure on the 19th floor as i use smart wifi, if i cant get theres, but it only just works some times?as does the wifi in the lobby,

Edited by ron100

jtmwatchbiz

Well I think I will give 30 days there a try. I will post some pics. and information about my stay once I get there. I liked the feel of the place, seemed like it might be an interesting place. details to come

lemme know when you get settled in there as we live only a short drive up the road. if you are finding yourself craving some good ole American style cooking my wife is always got something good planned for dinner. be warned tho...her conversations will make your brother's sound like walt disney. 

• Like 1

Paul

Or, rather than going through and booking a stay for a couple of nights, etc., just ask them to show you the specific room you would be renting?

motorboy

Or, rather than going through and booking a stay for a couple of nights, etc., just ask them to show you the specific room you would be renting?

that's what I did. I said if I rented right now, show me my room. Will do the same thing when renting. They also offer a 10% discount on food ordered, hotel transportation, and free incoming faxes.

Half Baked

Free incoming faxes, eh? Ask 'em about 90 day rentals!

• Like 2

smokey

Well I think I will give 30 days there a try. I will post some pics. and information about my stay once I get there. I liked the feel of the place, seemed like it might be an interesting place. details to come

let us know if they dig up some extras not bad if all is truly included 

motorboy

just checked in here at hotel. I am on the 19th floor, facing the mountain. Excellent view.  25,000 php, no extra charges or fees were thrown on. Room has a fridge, sink, and small counter. Nice sized bathroom with a tub. You can shower without getting the floor all wet. Cabinet for putting your clothes, couple of night stands with pull out drawers for more storage. Also small round table with one chair. Air works great. I had to put it on low cool as room became freezing quickly. Skycable is the t.v. programming they use.

Now the not so good: t.v. is older 19" model, room is outdated, and food sold on second floor is bland and expensive. San Miguel lights are 70 pesos. I will not eat there, better deals around for food. Internet seems to have its moments where it goes rather slow. I imagine heavy traffic right now

Everything is close by. I even found a laundry that will let you do your own with machines, but for some reason it costs more then to let them do it for you. If I were going to stay for a few months in room, I would throw a fresh coat of paint on (don't know if they would allow it though). Several companies work in the building, and seems like a place to meet a nice girl.

Will post pics when I unpack and dig out camera

motorboy

post-8212-0-97836100-1391523676_thumb.jpgpost-8212-0-52091300-1391525093_thumb.jpg

post-8212-0-82112600-1391526152_thumb.jpg

post-8212-0-69048300-1391526249_thumb.jpg

post-8212-0-94028200-1391526531_thumb.jpg

post-8212-0-81721800-1391526615_thumb.jpg

post-8212-0-27561500-1391526708_thumb.jpg

Paul

That shower curtain NEEDS to GO! :D

Bill H

Remember when Robertsons had the big fire a couple of years ago?  At that time the Cebu fire department was unable to do anything about the 7th floor.  Has anything changed?  If you are staying on the 19th floor and can't get any help if there is a fire things might get a wee bit touchy!

lamoe

Is that a safe by the door?

CebuKano

Great detailed review MB.

Kim_

I was about to say a few negative things about my experience in this hotel but since it's 14 years ago I let it be. (They might have improved ;) )

I never knew it was a condotel, looking at the hotel webpage they don't tell that. (Same with Sarrossa).

Are those condo rooms studios or 1-bedroom? Fully equipped?

Motorboy, could you confirm the electricity is included in the monthly rate?

What I have seen in other hotels renting monthly you get a rate excluding electricity and water which has to be paid separately.....

motorboy

Motorboy, could you confirm the electricity is included in the monthly rate?

Everything including electricity is included in the rate.

Is that a safe by the door?

No, but they have a lock box available for free down stairs. That is the mini-fridge you are seeing (I think).

Are those condo rooms studios or 1-bedroom? Fully equipped?

It is a studio room.