Sign in to follow this  
motorboy

Golden Peak Hotel

motorboy

I am thinking of staying at Golden Peak Hotel for a month. They have a 30 day package for 25,000. This includes everything, from water, electricity, internet, and cable t.v. The location seems nice, and the rooms they offered my is on the 19th floor. They have a roof top grill and a place to eat on the second floor. Could I get your opinion on this place, and does this seem like a good deal for the price? Do you know of a similar or better deal in the area.  Would like to stay in Ayala area if possible. Thanks Jim

Edited by motorboy

Skywalker

I looked at a condo there a couple of years ago.

The building is a little bit dated, but the location is really very good.  I think that package represents good value for a high floor, with everything thrown in.

The building is mixed condotel, so condos and hotel rooms.  Somebody told me it's the oldest tall building in Cebu.

Edited by Skywalker

Paul

They have a roof top grill

They finally did something with the roof top!?! How about the Jacuzzi they had there? Pictures, man, pictures.

Hy H

They finally did something with the roof top!?! How about the Jacuzzi they had there? Pictures, man, pictures.

We had dinner up rooftop resto few times last year. Live music.  Nice view around city. Food was good and reasonably priced. Parking is a pain in this rathole under the building.  Open only on weekends I think.

motorboy

Well I think I will give 30 days there a try. I will post some pics. and information about my stay once I get there. I liked the feel of the place, seemed like it might be an interesting place. details to come

Monsoon

Do you get a kitchenette for 25k? 

ThomsonJr

Yes, the location is great. I used to live very near there and would walk to Ayala. There are quite a few places to grab a drink and eat there, you don't need to take taxis all the time while living there, although if you need one, there are plenty. 25,000 is a good deal for a serviced room.

• Like 1

CardiacKid

Well I think I will give 30 days there a try. I will post some pics. and information about my stay once I get there. I liked the feel of the place, seemed like it might be an interesting place. details to come

For a relaxing evening try the rooftop restaurant and linger for a few beers. As noted, the view of the city is very good.  

Half Baked

It sounds like a pretty good deal to me. Good find there, motorboy (Jim)!

motorboy

Do you get a kitchenette for 25k? 

no, but it does come with a small fridge. As I can't even eat my own cooking, not having a kitchen is a plus. The room was decent sized.

lamoe

no, but it does come with a small fridge. As I can't even eat my own cooking, not having a kitchen is a plus. The room was decent sized.

definitely keep us posted - looking for base myself - internet for Skype back to US is important.

Enuff

you might want to reach out to golden prince hotel, wellcome hotel and mandarin suites. I have stayed at all 3 and they are very close to ayala. they all also off free breakfast. you might want to talk to a manager to see about a monthly rate, but if you can get a free breakfast it might be worth looking into.

• Like 1

ThomsonJr

There are some things that would be expected while renting a room for 25,000 pesos per month room, in Cebu, though. Many of the hotel rooms which I found in the city centre (in that particular area, or not far away) would charge you 25,000 or 28,000 for a hotel room which would have a 20 year old TV (no joke, like the big old ones), and the bathroom would be filthy and the room itself would have barely enough space to walk around in. If the room is better than that, then consider yourself lucky. If however it is as how I described it, then I would feel terribly dissapointed, again. As I know places in other SEA countries in cities which are similar to Cebu on many levels, where you would get a much better room for even cheaper than that.

Edited by ThomsonJr

POTATOMAN

There are some things that would be expected while renting a room for 25,000 pesos per month room, in Cebu, though. Many of the hotel rooms which I found in the city centre (in that particular area, or not far away) would charge you 25,000 or 28,000 for a hotel room which would have a 20 year old TV (no joke, like the big old ones), and the bathroom would be filthy and the room itself would have barely enough space to walk around in. If the room is better than that, then consider yourself lucky. If however it is as how I described it, then I would feel terribly dissapointed, again. As I know places in other SEA countries in cities which are similar to Cebu on many levels, where you would get a much better room for even cheaper than that.

book in for 2 nights first, just to see if you like it 

• Like 2

sperry

i stayed there twice about 6 years ago.

the first time i stayed i kind of liked it.  it was kind of oldy worldy and different so it seemed exciting.

the second time i stayed there i thought it was a dump.  the breakfast on both occasions was crap.  the receptionist was drop dead gorgeous.... but she will have moved on by now.

ive been at the rooftop for the barbie since....... i enjoyed it and its a real nice place to have a few beers.   a terrace at altitude in down town cebu could be real nice.

and it is a good location.... you can get wood fired pizza just across the road.

note they may have refurnished the rooms since i stayed there....... i havent even seen one, let alone stayed in it.