Sign in to follow this  
lucky138

Raffols Resort in Talisay?

lucky138

Do any of you guys know anything about this place???   I know it is near the Seawall but I can't find anything on the internet about it and I want to be really near my inlaws in Talisay.  Any info appreciated.  

Wolfpack

Do any of you guys know anything about this place???   I know it is near the Seawall but I can't find anything on the internet about it and I want to be really near my inlaws in Talisay.  Any info appreciated.  

http://rafolsresorts.webs.com/home

Headshot

It's amazing that they didn't even clean the water in the pool (it's murky) before they took pictures to put into their website (if you could call it that). It is also strange that they show all of these pictures of the pool, but no pictures of their restaurant or their rooms.

I have been to the Villa Teresita Resort in Talisay a few times, and it might be a better choice, but then again they have a lousy website (they don't have their room rates listed). However, I have it on good authority that they have good rates. The rooms are simple, and certainly nothing fancy, but they are adequate.

http://www.villateresitaresortcebu.com/

Edited by Headshot

David_LivinginTalisay

http://alittletwocomplicated.wordpress.com/2010/07/29/one-step-in/

Went to Rafols Resort at Dumlog, Talisay, Cebu last Saturday for baby sis’ birthday. icon_smile.gif?m=1129645325g

The resort is situated on the far end of Talisay. It was quite a distance from our home, but for a resort in the city, the distance wasn’t that bad at all. But from someone like me with a just a tiny sense of direction, all I can say is it’s accessible via SRP. lol sorry. ;p

Had a bad timing with a flooded road on our way to the resort.  Water level wasnt that bad but we were riding on a mini van and for a sec, i was concerned with my poor car drowning its under-chassis for us. Good thing it did not give in. It bravely surpassed the muddy grounds of the place, lol.

IMG_2810.JPG

The Resort

IMG_2767.JPG

The soon to be rooms

From the outside, it didnt look like a resort; well, only because the place was not yet fully developed. The reception area and the rooms  were still under construction, but the pools and cottages were ready to use. There were 2 kiddie pools which are 2 and 4 ft deep. On the other end is a large pool for adults, up to 7 ft deep. They had 3 mini slides in the large pool, and a lifeguard for each pool area.

IMG_2755.JPG

Cottages @ P300

IMG_2753.JPG

the big pool

IMG_2795.JPG

the slides

Cottages were at P300 (but we got it for 200. I later realized I took the more expensive cottage heheh) ; entrance at P50/adult and P30/kid. Not bad really. Cottages were good enough. Just right for the price. According to the lifeguard, rooms are at P500 (was he kidding? No, i guess not.)

IMG_2760.JPG

the kiddie pools 3ft and 4ft deep

IMG_2758.JPG

the grill house :D

IMG_2772.JPG

the videok/function area

What I love about the place?
The very cheap entrance fee, the shady ambiance, no corkage fee, crew/staff is okay, the dedicated grill house, the not-so bad lavatory, the overall spacious, green area. They had a mini activity/function area, in front of the kiddie pools, and a large videoke area (yes! videoke!;p), which can be used for parties and gatherings. Beside is a green yard, where April and my sister had their photo shoot. lol. I loved the flowery place, even though it was just santan (my sister mocked ;p)

What I not-so love about the place?
Shower areas and Restrooms were poor.
Restrooms were tiny and stinky, (especially the Men’s :-/).
All 4 Shower areas needed maintenance.
Foods are too expensive; I call it Airport-price!
Some areas are untidy and needed cleaning. They need more utility men!
Also, pools are usable until 5:30pm only.
If you request to use it beyond 5:30pm, you will have to pay an additional P70 on top of the P50 pesos entrance fee.

What I wish it had?
A volleyball court or some sort.

Overall, I give this place a 6 out of 10 rating because of 2 things: 1.) It’s under construction, so I tolerate the flaws 2.) It’s really cheap for day use. It’s a perfect place if you’re looking for an affordable, quite hideaway, or if you just simply miss the pool. Good place for friends and family bondings  when your budget is not grand.  The place just needed more retouch. When fully-developed, I bet the place would have a lot of visitors coming in (but I bet prices would raise, too).

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/56884300

56884300.jpg

56884308.jpg

http://www.click2map.com/maps/dwhittall/Talisay-Minglanilla_Area

Edited by David_LivinginTalisay

Enuff

It's amazing that they didn't even clean the water in the pool (it's murky) before they took pictures to put into their website (if you could call it that). It is also strange that they show all of these pictures of the pool, but no pictures of their restaurant or their rooms.

I have been to the Villa Teresita Resort in Talisay a few times, and it might be a better choice, but then again they have a lousy website (they don't have their room rates listed). However, I have it on good authority that they have good rates. The rooms are simple, and certainly nothing fancy, but they are adequate.

http://www.villateresitaresortcebu.com/

here are the rates, you have to go to reservation page, select the room type and the description & price are displayed.

superior - p2000 (a/c, refrigerator, cable tv, hot & cold water) + breakfast for 2

economy - p1300 (a/c, cable tv) + breakfast for 2

non a/c - p800 no breakfast

family - p2200 (a/c, cable tv) no breakfast

dormitory - p400 (a/c & cable tv) no breakfast