Sign in to follow this  
Paul

Will we see 50 to $1 again? Or, an optimistic 55 to $1?

Paul

USD rate is pretty good lately..   i got 45.25 yesterday.

I'm impressed. I didn't think we would see this for some time yet. 

There was a very short time in the Philippines, where it went over 56. One time, only, though. Where are we headed now?

So, what say ye, 50 or 55 in our futures again?
  • Like 1

spooks

get in line I need my 100;1 back first

• Like 3

Wolfpack

I'm impressed. I didn't think we would see this for some time yet. 

There was a very short time in the Philippines, where it went over 56. One time, only, though. Where are we headed now?

So, what say ye, 50 or 55 in our futures again?

when I bought my house and car in oct 2005...I got 56 to 1...been down hill ever since

GoHuk

The US Dollar is a little sluggish at the present, lagging behind the other major currencies.  Due to the sheer size of the US economy it will recover.  50:1 is likely, possibly even this year.   (Even the local media is predicting 46:1 very soon.)

My predictions come with the usual 'health warning!'

GoHuk

get in line I need my 100;1 back first

It's so easy then isn't it: 1 p = 1 Peso. :cool:

• Like 2

ILoveCyrus

Is that due to a strong Dollar?  Or a weak peso?  hmmmm, let me think.

NHANORAK

USD was around 40.5 in March 2013, at 45.25 thats around 12% weakening peso in 10 months.

GBP was 60.5 in March 2013, but is now trading around 75. So around a 25% weakening in 10 months.

• Like 1

Monsoon

It never fails, when I convert a decent number of dollars to pesos the rate goes up. 

• Like 4

jai_ren

Never give up hope that positive things can happen, and that things can improve. if there is a Force 9 Earthquake in Manila in March, like there was a massive typhoon in the Philippines in November, then it might even go as high as 60 by May.

spooks

Never give up hope that positive things can happen, and that things can improve. if there is a Force 9 Earthquake in Manila in March, like there was a massive typhoon in the Philippines in November, then it might even go as high as 60 by May.

prefer to avoid that scenario ty

• Like 2

jai_ren

not all of course, but probably more than half a handful of those percentage points the peso has weakened is probably because of the typhoon. It cost 5% of the whole 100 million strong country's economic output. In less than half a day. A really big earthquake would cost much more, and in only a few minutes. And the peso would nosedive. It could be so bad as to make it 100 to the dollar, never mind the pound.

SkyMan

I'm holding off my next ATM draw as long as I can.

• Like 1

NHANORAK

not all of course, but probably more than half a handful of those percentage points the peso has weakened is probably because of the typhoon. It cost 5% of the whole 100 million strong country's economic output. In less than half a day. A really big earthquake would cost much more, and in only a few minutes. And the peso would nosedive. It could be so bad as to make it 100 to the dollar, never mind the pound.

Logic would tell you thats the case, but it actually only fell 60 centavos during the period of the typhoon.

• Like 1

jai_ren

it was more than that, and what makes you think 'the period of the typhoon' is over. 4.4 million people were displaced, that is nearly 5% of the Filipino. That is more than were displaced in about 10 countries in the 2004 tsunami.  The very same day of the typhoon another Brit and I were talking about it and he said, you know what this means the pound will almost certainly get stronger against the peso in the next few weeks and months.

which it has. Although it had been getting stronger before, it has been getting even stronger since.

Edited by jai_ren

spooks

the upward trend of the pound had already been established based upon economics.  I see no point in hoping for natural disasters to boost currency values as some of us live here and the costs of fixing it is going to be far higher than currency gains.

Not sure what natural disasters befall ice cream sales in Sheffield that affects the price of Cone Coin

Edited by spooks
  • Like 4