Sign in to follow this  
Don.

Aleu's Lodge, Toledo, 650 pesos

Don.

I recently spent a few nights  at Aleu's Lodge.

The first time I called to inquire about a room I was told it is 800 pesos for a small air-con room.

A buddy of mine told me that it should be 650 for the small room, and 750 for the larger room with a ref.

So, I called again and asked to reserve a small 650 room.   When I arrived I was told that I had been assigned a 750 room. 

This should have been my warning to walk away, but all the other pension houses that I called were fully booked.

The first night I was put in a very nice room on the first floor.  There were squattors living about 10 feet from my window.  They were quiet until about 11pm when the screaming began.

The office was closed already, so I had no choice but to return to my room.  I finally got to sleep, but then was awakened at 7 am by someone screaming and crying outside my window.

The woman working the front desk told me that she knew there was an old woman with alzheimers living there that screamed all night, and offered to put me in a room on the 3rd floor that should be quieter.

Changed rooms, but then was awakened the next morning by a loud pounding on my door.  It was a prostitute that the hotel workers had told that a foreigner was staying in this room.

I told her to go away, and went to the front office where of course they had no knowledge as to why a prosti would be banging on my door,  and no one else's.

Got to give this place a thumbs down, not recommended.

• Like 5

Gus

Ive stayed there numerous times, usually pay 800 for ground floor room near the front - newer section, smallish room, but a/c, cable, hot shower wi-fi etc..have never been confronted with either of your issues..maybe u just struck a bad night (s) ..

arentol

I lived in Toledo for 6 years. Aleu's has the reputation as the spot to bring/get prostitutes. 

Not too many quality places to stay in Toledo. There's Days Inn, but that's about it.

Cheers,

Aren

The first time I called to inquire about a room I was told it is 800 pesos for a small air-con room.

A buddy of mine told me that it should be 650 for the small room, and 750 for the larger room with a ref.

So, I called again and asked to reserve a small 650 room.   When I arrived I was told that I had been assigned a 750 room. 

This should have been my warning to walk away, but all the other pension houses that I called were fully booked.

The first night I was put in a very nice room on the first floor.  There were squattors living about 10 feet from my window.  They were quiet until about 11pm when the screaming began.

The office was closed already, so I had no choice but to return to my room.  I finally got to sleep, but then was awakened at 7 am by someone screaming and crying outside my window.

The woman working the front desk told me that she knew there was an old woman with alzheimers living there that screamed all night, and offered to put me in a room on the 3rd floor that should be quieter.

Changed rooms, but then was awakened the next morning by a loud pounding on my door.  It was a prostitute that the hotel workers had told that a foreigner was staying in this room.

I told her to go away, and went to the front office where of course they had no knowledge as to why a prosti would be banging on my door,  and no one else's.

jai_ren

I've been staying there since 2006. I never saw any evidence of prostitution there. I don't think there are any short time rooms there, as there are in other hotels in the area (including the foreign owned Sailor's Cabin in Balamban). Which is not to say they would not be available. But they are not advertised.

the rooms do vary, some of the newer ones are quite nice, I've stayed there so often they sometimes even give me a discount. They had these bigger 750 rooms when the normal rooms were 500. They let me have that for 550 last year. Although the rooms that were 500 before, are now 650.

the only outright obvious prostitution place I know in Toledo is a lodge behind a videoke place I sometimes but not often go for a sing near the market, where they probably sell nothing else, other than short time rooms. They were so cheap, like 400 for 24 hours or something ridiculous, I almost stayed there in November, just to see how bad it was but when I asked, the woman said that they had no water that day, and as a foreigner, you might not like that. She was right. I gave it a miss.

Cyclone

Earlier this week, I stayed at Aleu's, I have to admit, for 650 you don't get very much. It is okay for an overnight stay but not much more.   When I was across the water in San Carlos, I had a much nicer, bigger room for 620 a night at a place called Mom's hotel and restaurant, it is right across the street from the Gaisano "mall".

• Like 1

panther

sounds like a whippy report if you ask me.

Mr. Mike

I don't think so.  I didn't see the words...value, interview or onions.

• Like 2