Sign in to follow this  
D_D

Marigondon Cave Mactan

D_D

Sorry for posting with a short time notice, but it is easier, not to make any long term plans that could get messed up. 

If anyone wants to go diving at Marigondon Cave on Mactan on 01/26/2014 meet us at MDC at 8:00 a.m. Best to call Jens or Charles to reserve your tanks in advance. 

We will try to get a cabana at the end of the road from MDC, we will all split the costs, but bring your own food and drinks to hang out between dives. You can bring NON divers to hang out there while we are diving. So it is a nice Sunday for people just to hang out. 

In my opinion, the Marigondon Cave is the easiest to get to, best bang for your peso on Mactan. No boat needed, just swim out and drop down the wall. 

Tony67

Argghhhh...I wish I saw this earlier

D_D

Argghhhh...I wish I saw this earlier

We may be able to do it again. 

I don't like to make plans too far in advance, but I am always diving. ( My old username used to be Diver D*****s ) 

We may be doing a boat dive this Sunday if you are interested. 

samatm

The Cave is NOT just for EVERYONE.... surely there would be check dive first  to see if the diver is capable of maintaining composure at depth ...in the pitch black.   ... I agree its the best dive around mactan...without having to rent a boat..etc... Yalls have fun.

I dove it with  Headshot last fall and we had a blast.  Thanks for the public invite..  Cant make it this  WE though.    Perhaps another time. 

• Like 1

D_D

The Cave is NOT just for EVERYONE.... surely there would be check dive first  to see if the diver is capable of maintaining composure at depth ...in the pitch black.   ... I agree its the best dive around mactan...without having to rent a boat..etc... Yalls have fun.

I dove it with  Headshot last fall and we had a blast.  Thanks for the public invite..  Cant make it this  WE though.    Perhaps another time. 

Yes of course the diver who volunteers to join us, is responsible for knowing their own limits and abilities. 

I am NOT guiding someone and I am in no way legally responsible for them. 

Divers who do not want to enter the cave do not have to go in. They can just look at all the memorials of all the dead divers who requested to have their dive cards left at the entrance. 

Everyone is welcome to join, we do practice safety and buddy systems, I suggest you carry a spare pony bottle, but you dive at your own risk.

SkyMan

Perhaps with a bit more notice my wife and I would join you next time. Not sure if Id let her enter though, a friend of ours died there. He was experienced but less than respecting of the damgers of the sport.

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk

D_D

Perhaps with a bit more notice my wife and I would join you next time. Not sure if Id let her enter though, a friend of ours died there. He was experienced but less than respecting of the damgers of the sport.

Any Sunday is good for me. Most of the time I dive alone anyway, so it would be nice to have other join. 

There is enough to see on the wall and leading up to the entrance of the cave to make it worth while. 

It is also a good spot for people to meet who want to join last minute, and for non divers to hang out at.

When did your friend die ? What happened ?