• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Captainmike

• Mr. Mike

• rainymike

• Paul

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all   This is my niece Marlyn. She is an Accounting student at Mindanao U in Digos City and a marathon runner. She is asking for people to "like" this link on FB so she can win the Peoples Choice

She's a good kid.  She studies hard and is very involved in sports.  She's a long distance runner.  I'm trying to help her get enough "likes" on FB so she wins the contest at her school. My Fiance was

It just a small contest for her school UM Digos City.  She had asked for me and her other family members "like" her picture.  She didn't ask me to have others do it too.  I want to try and help raise

Captainmike

Since noon yesterday, she has gone below 100, to 145 likes.

Yeah Paul..  she seems to be doing well.  I think it's pretty cool.  Like I said before she's more of an athlete/tomboy (Triathlon, volleyball, etc) and a good student that this type contest so it's nice to see her do well.  She grew up in Bukidnon (North and rural) from Davao in the boondocks.

Done. Good luck.

Thanks

done...hope she wins!!

Thanks

did it a couple days ago..good luck to her

Thanks

ok

Thanks Kid

rainymike

There are any number of websites out there that do an exchange for facebook likes. Or you can out and out, buy the likes. You can buy country specific likes if that's the need. If winning some contest means that much. I'd be surprised if the leaders in the contest weren't doing this.

• Like 1
Captainmike

There are any number of websites out there that do an exchange for facebook likes. Or you can out and out, buy the likes. You can buy country specific likes if that's the need. If winning some contest means that much. I'd be surprised if the leaders in the contest weren't doing this.

It just a small contest for her school UM Digos City.  She had asked for me and her other family members "like" her picture.  She didn't ask me to have others do it too.  I want to try and help raise her score and her self esteem.  Like I said she's a good athlete and student but she grew up a probinsayna and thinks all the girls with light skin/more pointed noses are more attractive then her.  So there's no big prize or anything like that...

• Like 2
rainymike

I want to try and help raise her score and her self esteem.

Ahhh ... I understand. But I think the schools and parents do children a disservice by overly promoting stuff like this - beauty contests, talent contests, etc. My kids get  the pressure as well. I just get upset sometimes because I think its a bit excessive.

• Like 1
CebuKano

It just a small contest for her school UM Digos City.  She had asked for me and her other family members "like" her picture.  She didn't ask me to have others do it too.  I want to try and help raise her score and her self esteem.  Like I said she's a good athlete and student but she grew up a probinsayna and thinks all the girls with light skin/more pointed noses are more attractive then her.  So there's no big prize or anything like that...

Keep us updated. I think most here would like to see her do well in the contest.

Done... we did the same thing earlier when my daughter was in her school's Beauty pagaent .  they had  Miss FB Darling section of the competition.   its a way to also raise awareness for the school.  

Captainmike

Keep us updated. I think most here would like to see her do well in the contest.

Thanks..  I will.   I think it ends Monday...

Done... we did the same thing earlier when my daughter was in her school's Beauty pagaent .  they had  Miss FB Darling section of the competition.   its a way to also raise awareness for the school.  

Thanks...

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Captainmike

So whatever happened? Did She win........?

No...  she came in 2nd or 3rd but she was really happy for all the support.  She got to show off (like all Filipinas) for all her friends with all the support she got from around the world.  She's a good kid.  When she graduates she's thinking about joining the Philippine Army.

• Like 2