Sign in to follow this  
Enuff

EastWest Bank surpised me!

Salty Dog

I didn't list the entire statement from the form. The equivalent is referring to the type of monetary instrument as in checks, cash, money orders or equivalent. If it meant $10,000 or more it would say it. In excess of $10,000 means more than $10,000, not equal to or more than.

Of course I'm jerking your chain. You can't believe I really care one way or the other. It's not like I will ever be in a situation where I will have to decide between carrying $9,999 or $10,000.  :wheel:

Edited by Salty Dog
  • Like 1

NOSOCALPINOY

Yup! You're still yanking my chain, but I won't reply to your last post, it's redundant or just a play on words and I too can care less! :frantic:    

Salty Dog

Just checked Xoom. Their current exchange rate is now 1.1785 peso per dollar lower than the Internet rate.

Enuff

Just checked Xoom. Their current exchange rate is now 1.1785 peso per dollar lower than the Internet rate.

I just checked western union

interent exchange rate 45.80 - WU rate 44.2092 = 1.0708 difference

I believe xoom charges 4.99 fee, so does WU if you use credit card. if you do bank transfer, no fee.

NOSOCALPINOY

I thought this topic was about EastWest Bank? I had dealings with EastWest Bank via their website's email address! 

Their response time sucks via on-line or they do not reply at all unless you bug them constantly! I gave up on them!

The irony of it is, they will be opening a EastWest bank soon just across the street from where we live, but still, I won't bother with them when they do open their doors for business! They're not getting any type business from us!  

SkyMan

Funny thing about Xoom is they never take the money out of my USAA Bank account until 2-3 days after I've already got it and spent it.
Wouldn't it be easier to just use your USAA ATM card at HSBC?

Salty Dog

Wouldn't it be easier to just use your USAA ATM card at HSBC?

Of course but it expired and I've been waiting over a month for my new one at my supposedly more efficient FPO mail address. But hey, I've been waiting over 2 months for my replacement credit card.

lopburi3

Using an ATM is often not the best option for those living overseas as you may have ATM fees and in the case of USAA Master Card ATM there is a foreign usage fee (low at 1% but there none-the-less).  It seems check writing is a good option there in Cebu as is ACH transfer to Thai banks at low fee our best option in Thailand (unless using a no fee card at a non fee ATM).