Sign in to follow this  
Lee

World’s ATMs still running Windows XP -- and wildly out of date

Cipro

Kind of like Windows Server? Never saw a version of windows that booted up and shut down so quickly. :D

Even smaller; basically everything non-essential is a selectable option whether the system integrator wants it or not. So most services and such will not just be off, but not installed at all.

• Like 1

NOSOCALPINOY

Posted Today, 09:53 AM NOSOCALPINOY, on 18 Jan 2014 - 07:04 AM, said: Maybe that's why my current account with BPI is undergoing maintenance last night and when I checked my account some accounts and info were missing. I may need to call them to find out what's going with their on-line banking system! If there any BPI members on here, check your account on-line and let us know on here if there are or were any unusual changes to your accounts on-line. I just tried to access my account on-line this morning and the system is down again for maintenance for the 2nd time since last night! I haven't yet called them to ask!      There have been minor changes to the layout of the personal banking web site - introduced about a month ago or so.

Just checked my account a few minutes ago and their on-line banking system is up and running normally now! 

Edited by NOSOCALPINOY

Alan S

XP is probably the best system MS has made. It works and works well.

(I still use it having tried the later ones and found them to be rubbish.)

The problem with banks is that most refuse to spend on IT, and hence dont keep their systems up to date, and just paste over faults.

( I know people in banks IT departments).

thebob

XP is probably the best system MS has made. It works and works well.

I seem to remember XP being an absolute dog when it was released. It took multiple updates and service packs before it settled down.

XP is a lot of the reason that many fear upgrading. It took so long originally to make it secure and stable that many don't want to have to go through that again.

• Like 1

NOSOCALPINOY

I seem to remember XP being an absolute dog when it was released. It took multiple updates and service packs before it settled down.

XP is a lot of the reason that many fear upgrading. It took so long originally to make it secure and stable that many don't want to have to go through that again.

I still use XP on my old laptop, but I prefer Vista to all other operating systems!

I don't care for Windows 7, 8 or 8.1. So, how long will Vista be around for?  :idontknow:

Cipro

XP is an update to Windows 2000, all part of the NT 5.x family of platforms along with server 2003 etc.. With Vista there were significant changes (improvements) made to many parts of the platform including kernel driver model and things in user like thread pooling, and the version was bumped to 6.0; all subsequent Windows platforms since are part of the NT 6.x family, so far.