The Star Spangled Banner

Salty, do not take umbrage at the comments of those whose nose is pressed to the Outside of the window.  They are looking in and drooling with an over running taste for what is on the other side.  Though they can't "man up" and admit it, they are jealous as hell.  To YOU sir, i tip my hat in appreciation for your service.  

• Like 1
  • Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lamoe

• Majorsco

• thebob

• Baywak

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

From a Marine Corps Colonel in Afghanistan: "So with all the kindness I can muster, I give this one piece of advice to the next pop star who is asked to sing the national anthem at a sporting event: s

i didn't like it when the dixie chicks complained their freedom of speech was being violated cause people didn't want to play their records and were telling others not to buy them.. they (the dixie ch

I'm not sure what SABA means, but I'm entitled to my opinion, and you are entitled to ignore it if you please.

Posted Images

Canuck Joe

By this logic, you'd also be against being a fan if sports teams, and you'd be against having a strong school pride. The feelings are similar and are not group think.

Why have strong pride in a school or a sports team unless you created them and they were successful, it is an entity created for profit nothing more.(on the surface)

I have pride in personal accomplishments... I don't need to attach myself emotionally to an organization to feel complete.

team pride is dumb and leads to so much group mob stupidity...entertainment to dumb down and pacify society goes back to the Romans.

https://www.google.com.ph/search?q=sports+fans+fighting+videos&oq=sports+fans+fight&aqs=chrome.2.69i57j0l5.8206j0j4&sourceid=chrome&espv=210&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8#q=sports+fans+fighting+youtube+videos

Edited by Canuck Joe
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

Where have you seen anyone demean or ridicule servicemen?

Come on now, you know you have a way with words that can piss off even the new pope. 

There are many ex-servicemen who post on this forum, but it only the Americans who seem to think that they deserve a constant pat on the back.

it is only US veterans on this forum who seem to make a hullabaloo about their service.

I haven't been around as much as others, but I've never even met a veteran from another country. Then again maybe it's because they didn't make a hullabaloo about their service. :db:
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

team pride is dumb and leads to so much group mob stupidity...entertainment to dumb down and pacify society goes back to the Romans.

This from a guy with Dumb and Dumber for an avatar. Sorry Joe, this one was just to easy.  :stick_poke:

• Like 1
Canuck Joe

This from a guy with Dumb and Dumber for an avatar. Sorry Joe, this one was just to easy.  :stick_poke:

Its all good! where is the emoticon i can use of me poking myself with a stick. Im a lover not a fighter lol.

Oh snap...i think i may have just pegged myself as a font side leftist hippie...with a hint of deer musk!

• Like 1
Majorsco

Come on now, you know you have a way with words that can piss off even the new pope.

I haven't been around as much as others, but I've never even met a veteran from another country. Then again maybe it's because they didn't make a hullabaloo about their service. :db:

I met an expat here recently. Bought him some drinks. He was a Brit Marine and couldn't stop talking about his service over his long career. Pretty good stories, but some would just call it hullabaloo.

Canuck Joe

Maybe this is in the right thread...thank you WWII for the P-51 i salute you

• Like 2
Majorsco

Why have strong pride in a school or a sports team unless you created them and they were successful, it is an entity created for profit nothing more.(on the surface)

I have pride in personal accomplishments... I don't need to attach myself emotionally to an organization to feel complete.

https://www.google.com.ph/search?q=sports+fans+fighting+videos&oq=sports+fans+fight&aqs=chrome.2.69i57j0l5.8206j0j4&sourceid=chrome&espv=210&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8#q=sports+fans+fighting+youtube+videos

You're entitled to your opinion. Thank goodness it is a far fringe opinion.

Society is built upon collective achievements, and no I don't mean communist collectivism.

Sounds like you'd be happy as an 18th century mountain man.

Canuck Joe

You're entitled to your opinion. Thank goodness it is a far fringe opinion.

Society is built upon collective achievements, and no I don't mean communist collectivism.

Sounds like you'd be happy as an 18th century mountain man.

Yeah I know individualism is far out, and it scares the powers that be because it is individuals that can think for themselves and that can plant the seed of resistance which has nothing to do with communism. Collective affects are an inevitable outcome of people thinking for themselves. 21st century mountain man ;)

Paul is almost there :)

Anyways...you may say I am a dreamer...but I'm not the only one

Majorsco

Yeah I know individualism is far out, and it scares the powers that be because it is individuals that can think for themselves and that can plant the seed of resistance which has nothing to do with communism. Collective affects are an inevitable outcome of people thinking for themselves. 21st century mountain man ;)

Paul is almost there :)

Anyways...you may say I am a dreamer...but I'm not the only one

I don't have a beef with individualism. I too see great benefit of individual achievement. Where I do take issue is individualism instead of collective benefit. They can and should work together.

If they don't work together cities wouldn't have been built and societies wouldn't have ever left family units to form tribes let alone civilizations.

Nothing should be so extreme one way or the other.

At least we supported the right side in 1861!

:yahoo:   :cool:   :ROFLMAO:   :dance2:

By the way, for those (foreigners) who do not know, by the time I came along, and on my 18th birthday, I registered for "Selective Service", down at my local post office. It had changed from being called "the Draft" by then.

Majorsco

I'm one of those few who never had to register for the draft. There were a few years that had officially terminated selective service. Of course I served anyway. The draft returned a couple of years later, but since I was already serving I decided to not register. :)

in other countries, it was / is  very common for vets to wear their medals on their civilian clothes on special occasions. British and Russian I am sure of.