Sign in to follow this  
NHANORAK

Taxi recommendations

ozboy

Only times we have issues is getting a cab to go further than Minganilia without wanting a fixed payment to continue n not use the meter.....more than often im tired and just want to get home ut not the missus....she has to have her little rant and it ends with finishing off the trip in a jeepney.... :aggressive:

• Like 3

contraman

Is there a taxi app I can use in Cebu? I got stuck in the port a few times with bags. Many refuse to take you unless its to the airport.

I got in one taxi once that had GPRS and was picking up with that. I see this grabtaxi service but maybe its Manila only.

I believe so, there was a topic on here not so long ago about it.

Sorry, I can not search for you on my tablet :(

Edited by contraman

Woolf

there  are 2 taxi apps  one is grabtaxi  the other one easytaxi

easy

http://www.sunstar.com.ph/cebu/business/2014/09/21/easy-taxi-fully-operational-cebu-366763

grab

http://grabtaxi.com/cebu-philippines/

Edited by Woolf
  • Like 1

smokey

Speaking of drivers , Ian have got yours parked with the motor running , you know just in case , seriously though good to see you back on deck.

ian was at a silicon summit in Paris.. 

to_dave007

I couldn;t find a better cabbie anywhere, and he usually charges only 1000 to 1500 php for a whole day

Question.. how much is everyone normally paying for all day taxi.. say 8am to 8pm.. 1,000 to 1,500 seems a bit low to me, but just wondering. Do you pay extra for gas?

I'm thinking it would normally be at least 3,000 peso to take a taxi 2 to 3 hours out of the city, especially as driver is not likely to get a fare on the way back in to the city.

Edited by to_dave007

smokey

Question.. how much is everyone normally paying for all day taxi.. say 8am to 8pm.. 1,000 to 1,500 seems a bit low to me, but just wondering. Do you pay extra for gas?

I'm thinking it would normally be at least 3,000 peso to take a taxi 2 to 3 hours out of the city, especially as driver is not likely to get a fare on the way back in to the city.

i agree in manila we have often taken a taxi to the peoples park to enjoy the ride and view and visit taal often we left at 8 and came home 7 pm he charged us 3,000p plus fuel and meals..

There is a place i know of that has a truck with back with air con they rent per day and its 8,000 with driver and can carry up to 15 or so

• Like 1

Ozepete

We usually pay p4K for a full day say 8 till 6 and that includes fuel unless it is full time driving then we add the fuel. We pay for lunch. Reckon that is more than reasonable cos you couldn't get a taxi here in oz to take you out of sight for that much!!

• Like 2

ozboy

Melb airport to Rowville..just over half hour...$96.00

woodchopper

does anyone have the current mobile # for danny taxi?

woodchopper

having lived here several years,,i have met an Owner Driver Taxi Operator in Cebu and he is based and living Capitol area.

his name is Nelson and i feel quite sure his relaxed mature mindset would be pleasing to most foreigners,,and as such,,i recommend u give him a try for taxi service/s.

Nelson's cell numnber is 0919 672 6883

colemanlee

When Im in Cebu and need a van...these are the folks I use...completely honest....

https://www.facebook.com/CapBrylle

Enuff

Good driver,nice vehicle (2016 Suzuki APV)

P1,000 1st 5 hours & p200 each additional(includes fuel & driver)

0908-144-1870