Sign in to follow this  
NHANORAK

Taxi recommendations

Salty Dog

Sounds good if you want to plan ahead and considering he may not have had a fare to the airport before he picked you up.. I went to the airport and back twice this week and every time it was less than P200 from/to the I.T. Park. It was early morning so no traffic. It's abut 12-13 kilometers and one guy did it in 20 minutes. The last time I took a yellow airport cab, it was closer to P300.

Edited by Salty Dog
  • Like 1

Paul

I have known Danny, or I should say, Danny has known me, since I was with JJ, prior to our marriage. So, we are talking a very long time here. 

I have known him to never be anything but prompt, if not early, more honest than the day is long, and as patient as Job. 

He has returned items owned by people he has driven for on many occasions. My ex-wife JJ, Jim Sibbick, and I had him as our official driver during the time we had Cebu Tours running in Cebu City.

Thanks very much, for the review. I'm sure Danny and his wife Weena (whom you probably were communicating with via email) will appreciate it very much.

• Like 1

Lee

Danny is an excellent driver and nice person, I would highly recommend him.

Also for anyone who wishes to compare prices, lets not forget that Danny also has to drive to the airport to pick up a person and wait for them. IMHO it would be worth up to p500 for a driver to meet me at the airport and I would be happy paying it, so p300 is a great price from my POV. Yes it does cost less if you take a white taxi from the airport directly to the center of Cebu City but for a person who does not know their way around or does not have a Cebuana or Cebuano with them or speak the language, going with Danny and also using him to tour the city is a great way to be totally safe. 

When I arrive with my wife we either go upstairs and catch a white taxi or if we have a lot of luggage we just negotiate with the airport taxi hustlers for a fair deal and then I tip the driver more once we get to our condo, and the smile on their face when they realize I am not the cheap bastard they thought I was, when we negotiated the deal, it is worth the extra tip. :D

• Like 3

NOSOCALPINOY

I bookmarked Danny's website  http://www.cebutaxis...taxi_driver.htm just in case we make it to Cebu! 

Just last week we rented a van with driver my wife knows and we went to Manila just an hour away and paid $3,500 round trip including gas and tolls! No, we won't quibble about a P300 to P500 taxi ride from or to anywhere with an honest and safe driver!  

Convenience and our safety is a must/priority with us while living here in the Philippines!     

Edited by NOSOCALPINOY
  • Like 1

spritsail

I have used the same taxi driver in Cebu for many years. I usually call him a few days in advance to let him know where I can find odds and ends. Few years ago I wanted to buy a kalesa and horse bridles/saddles. He scounted around for me and found the firm that makes them, so we could go straight there after I arrived in Cebu.

I havn,t been to Cebu for four years now, but I called him the other day to see if he was stiil driving and to help me find some horse harnesses/collars. He remembered straight away and to just text him when I know a date to arrive. I couldn;t find a better cabbie anywhere, and he usually charges only 1000 to 1500 php for a whole day,

• Like 2

Ozepete

Danny Noy is more than a good reliable taxi operator, this man is a gentleman with more than his share of common decency..

To explain. We were referred to Danny via LINC and have used his services for many years. He is always on time, knows how to drive and has become a good freind. 

About a year ago a Catmon friends 13 year old was violently ill late at night. Fortunately my wife Cora happened to call that night and was told about the symptoms of this boy. It was obvious that he was in deep trouble with appendicitis. The only money they could get together was just enough to get him on a tricycle to Danao. The hospital there needed funds to treat him and that he needed transport to the city urgently. We called Danny from Oz and he was kind enough to go to the hospital and sort things out. (Danny lives close by) He called his cab, and relief driver, out to Danao from the city and transported the lad to hospital where an emergency operation was done as his appendix had erupted. If Danny and his cab were not there to help I doubt that this boy would be alive today. And Danny thought nothing of of it!

We have the greatest respect for Danny as a taxi operator but more so as one hell of a decent man. 

• Like 9

Holmes

Danny Noy is more than a good reliable taxi operator, this man is a gentleman with more than his share of common decency..

To explain. We were referred to Danny via LINC and have used his services for many years. He is always on time, knows how to drive and has become a good freind. 

About a year ago a Catmon friends 13 year old was violently ill late at night. Fortunately my wife Cora happened to call that night and was told about the symptoms of this boy. It was obvious that he was in deep trouble with appendicitis. The only money they could get together was just enough to get him on a tricycle to Danao. The hospital there needed funds to treat him and that he needed transport to the city urgently. We called Danny from Oz and he was kind enough to go to the hospital and sort things out. (Danny lives close by) He called his cab, and relief driver, out to Danao from the city and transported the lad to hospital where an emergency operation was done as his appendix had erupted. If Danny and his cab were not there to help I doubt that this boy would be alive today. And Danny thought nothing of of it!

We have the greatest respect for Danny as a taxi operator but more so as one hell of a decent man. 

I think I just found my driver for the month i'm in Cebu. Thank you.

• Like 1

shadow

I think I just found my driver for the month i'm in Cebu. Thank you.

You can't do better than Danny, we too have used and recommended him for years.

• Like 2

Monsoon

I just don't see the point or need to prebook transportation from the Cebu airport. Unless you are going somewhere special (a long way out of town) or require a special vehicle for whatever reason.

• Like 2

Mikala

I just don't see the point or need to prebook transportation from the Cebu airport. Unless you are going somewhere special (a long way out of town) or require a special vehicle for whatever reason.

He might be bringing $100k so he can have a really good time during the 1 months stay!

• Like 2

Holmes

He might be bringing $100k so he can have a really good time during the 1 months stay!

I am a planner. I always try to plan three steps ahead. And no way in hell i'll be carrying that kinda money on me in Cebu. Mind as well just shoot myself outside of the airport and save someone the bullet. lol

smokey

I am a planner. I always try to plan three steps ahead. And no way in hell i'll be carrying that kinda money on me in Cebu. Mind as well just shoot myself outside of the airport and save someone the bullet. lol

Well bring some valium as this is going to be a major problem for you .. its hard here to plan 3 hours ahead

Holmes

Well bring some valium as this is going to be a major problem for you .. its hard here to plan 3 hours ahead

Yea I know. Got a taste of that my first visit. Lunch at 12 means sometime around 3 pm with traffic and everyone's so laid back. For a guy from NYC like myself who's use to being on point, its torture.

cvgtpc1

Maybe you don't see it because you have a lot of Cebu experience?  This info is valuable for a newbie.  I like to be prepared and will go for a known entity every time versus a stranger if given the choice.

• Like 3