Need info on rebuilders of Japanese cars

Hi all, first post here but I've been on the Dumaguete forum for a while.

I'm looking to buy a vehicle and would like to know if anyone has info on the rebuilders in the Cebu/Mandaue area. At the moment I'm leaning towards a Honda Fit. I understand there are some registration hoops to jump through with those but as long as it's doable I'm ok with hoops .. I'm used to them after BI lol.

Any advice, opinions, and especially first hand knowledge would be appreciated. To avoid any potential problems for the site it might be best to post only positive info here but feel free to PM me the ugly too.

Thanks!

simple don't buy a car that's had its roof cut off and welded back on there not safe

CardiacKid

Echo the above. The registration hoop might be more than you can handle. Could you afford to buy a car if you cannot renew the registration? I was told by the director of my local LTO to avoid the Honda Fit. Makes a very expensive lawn ornament. 

Davaoeno

To avoid any potential problems for the site it might be best to post only positive info here

this site has no problems with negative info being given - in fact many times its the negative info that is more helpful in avoiding disasters than the positive info is . 

• Like 2
angbumabasa

There is  a Honda Fit sitting on the side of the National Road that has been there for the two years that I have been here. My brother in law drives the family mc with multicab sidecar past many times a day. He told me that it has been there for several years due to the failure for registering. I have read that Honda Philippines is largely responsible for this situation without any further details described.

CardiacKid

Honda Philippines filed a protest against the surplus Honda Fits. They claimed their reputation for quality would be damaged by the surplus Fits. They would also lose sales as the surplus units were very similar to the dealer models. Never heard the outcome, but Honda had a valid point. Mitsubishi several years ago lost a case where a surplus Pajero had been serviced by a Mitsu dealer and the dealer failed to inform the owner that the conversion was unsafe. The vehicle crashed as a result of the unsafe conversion and and the owner sued Mitsubishi.

Thanks for the replies but I'd like them to be a little more on topic please.

As for the car being unsafe because the roof was cut off and welded back on that wouldn't concern me nearly as much as the drive being converted from RH to LH or any cuts made to the frame. Which leads me back to my original question of does anyone have any knowledge of local rebuilders.

I read somewhere on this forum that the reg could be done in Mindanao.

simple if you value your life don't buy any car that is not the way it came from the factory that's all surplus cars multicabs /Honda fit if in doubt pull the seals off round the door frame and the will be a repair there

Thanks for the replies but I'd like them to be a little more on topic please.

Yes, please stay on topic so the man can get the information he seeks.

Feel free (Headshot) to split the posts in question, concerning the Honda cars. It may make for a good topic. Or, someone can start a new topic.