Sign in to follow this  
Ogami

Windows 8 blows...

Jsteam

I don't see a problem! Format C:\ and install Linux!

• Like 1

Steve and Myrlita

I don't see a problem! Format C:\ and install Linux!

Well not exactly. Win is NTFS. Linux is EXT4.

Jsteam

Well not exactly. Win is NTFS. Linux is EXT4.

Well it's not supposed to be correct dos! And as a matter of interest Linux will install and run on NTFS, and FAT32! The point is why would anyone want to? (use windows that is!) :drink:

MattFromGA

My new Dell desktop has windows 8, not only do I hate the interface but it just isn't very good. For example, you can't click through jpegs in Photo Viewer without eventually getting annoying "Not responding" messages, videos won't play off the SD card unless you use VLC player. Anyone know if I can run W7 without it jacking all my media files, programs, plug ins etc? 

Pretty sure new Dells have generic W8 (the don't even give you a disc).

Switch the default viewer for images to windows photo viewer to see images like you did in windows 7.  Right click on an image, pick open with, then "choose default program" .

VLC is the better player anyway.  Even with Windows 7, Media player and Media Gallery were not as good as vlc.

nomad4ever

What's your problems with Win 8.1? Download the small program 'Classic Shell' and all looks and behaves like Windows 7. Besides for me Win 8.x seems more stable than any version before. I use it since March and have yet to see a blue screen of death or a total crash. With SSD it boots up faster than my smartphone.

I'm awful, don't ask me

Jason S

I think it is sad how Windows users will grin and bear it and collectively wait (hope) for the next upgrade that they all hope will fix the chronic problems with the OS. This has been going on since Windows started folks. Don't you think those idiots at Microsoft have had long enough to make this shit work? 

Windows will not and can not get rid of its bugginess and security vulnerabilities without dropping its backwards compatibility. I was a long time die hard PC/Windows user. Windows 8.1 was the final straw that broke my back. I have one application that I need to use once or twice a month that runs only on windows. I cringe every time I have to turn on that computer. 

What is it they claim to be the definition of insanity again? Oh yea - doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. 

I stopped immediately upgrading windows when a new version comes along because of a wide range of compatibility issues. I want a surface pro 3 really bad but I am hanging tough and not taking the financial plunge until windows  and 8 and 8.1 have been out for a while and most of the compatibility issues are resolved.  About 5 years ago I stood in best buy debating about whether I should buy a new windows laptop or a Mac and I went with windows but mainly because I knew how to use it and I did not feel like learning how to use the Mac. I think that is why most people don’t make the switch to begin with and cost may have something to do with it as well. 

Edited by Jason S

Monsoon

I did not feel like learning how to use the Mac. I think that is why most people don’t make the switch to begin with and cost may have something to do with it as well. 

I was worried about that as well - watch a 10 minute youtube video and you are all set. Within a day I knew everything I needed to know. Once in a while I might google something but very rarely. 

I don't have time to know all the nitty gritty anymore. I don't make my living in the IT field. I just want my shit to work, and since I've gone mac everything does. 

Alan S

And people ask me why I stick to XP?

• Like 1