Sign in to follow this  
Ogami

Windows 8 blows...

miles-high

Maybe that is a conspiracy to promote MS’s own Surface 2 hardware… haha :D I don’t have any problem with my 8.1 Surface 2… ;)

• Like 1

JohnSurrey

After Windows XP I think I got Windows 7 and haven't had any problems at all

mexiwi

After Windows XP I think I got Windows 7 and haven't had any problems at all

I just bought a new notebook - with windows 7 - it just works

RogerDat

A well-known store even had a 8.1 demo/display unit but when asked the tech brought us a 8.0 unit of the same model, telling us he would upgrade it to 8.1 right then… We insisted 8.1 and he finally brought us an 8.1…

Greetings! What was the store, and what was the price please? U can PM me if you want. Thanks

Davaoeno

I don't think Windows 8 blows but that's a topic for Politics and Religion...

When using my win 8.1 i usually find myself saying Jesus fecking christ several times but so far no help has been received from above .  

• Like 1

Ronin

When using my win 8.1 i usually find myself saying Jesus fecking christ several times but so far no help has been received from above .  

Stop watching p*orn on it, problem solved.

And, once again...

post-8276-0-79378500-1404558743_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ronin
  • Like 1

miles-high

Greetings! What was the store, and what was the price please? U can PM me if you want. Thanks

It was from Octagon Computer in SM Cebu but I do not recall how much I paid for – please make sure the computer has 8.1,not 8.0 and hopefully 8.1 Update 1 already installed… 8.2 may be out by the year end but I wouldn’t wait if the computer is updated to 8.1 Update 1. :)

throttleplate

windows 9 upgrade coming soon

miles-high

When using my win 8.1 i usually find myself saying Jesus fecking christ several times but so far no help has been received from above.

If you still work and/or need to use the MS Office, you should really upgrade it to 8, 8.1 or 8.1Update1…

You no longer need to carry a somewhat heavy projector for 1… most companies have at least one large screen TV in their conference rooms and the Miracast makes it a better replacement for the projector. 2. The “SmartArt” and animation work better with it; 3. If you want to “draw” pics in Excel, it would work better… just to name a few advantages of 8 (or higher) and the newer Office combination…

If you are happily retired or too high up in the management (and don’t need to do any menial work anymore ;)), well, I guess iOS, Android, XP or anything goes, haha :D

Monsoon

I think it is sad how Windows users will grin and bear it and collectively wait (hope) for the next upgrade that they all hope will fix the chronic problems with the OS. This has been going on since Windows started folks. Don't you think those idiots at Microsoft have had long enough to make this shit work? 

Windows will not and can not get rid of its bugginess and security vulnerabilities without dropping its backwards compatibility. I was a long time die hard PC/Windows user. Windows 8.1 was the final straw that broke my back. I have one application that I need to use once or twice a month that runs only on windows. I cringe every time I have to turn on that computer. 

What is it they claim to be the definition of insanity again? Oh yea - doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. 

• Like 2

RogerDat

Greetings! This topic went from 8, to 3 pages, and it had some g ood info on it. What happened?

I just bought 8.1 on a new DT.

I got the basic set up of how I like it done, no internet till SMART comes out and switches from old.

I DO NOT LIKE the appearence!

It is dull, and ugly. Of all the background and border options, and colors in the world. looks like they decided humdrum, puke looking was what the people wanted. Is that what the US is looking like now?

Edited by RogerDat
  • Like 1

contraman

What happened?

? :unknw:

easy44

Greetings! This topic went from 8, to 3 pages, and it had some g ood info on it. What happened?

I just bought 8.1 on a new DT.

I got the basic set up of how I like it done, no internet till SMART comes out and switches from old.

I DO NOT LIKE the appearence!

It is dull, and ugly. Of all the background and border options, and colors in the world. looks like they decided humdrum, puke looking was what the people wanted. Is that what the US is looking like now?

You know you can change to colors to anything you want?

RogerDat

Greetings! U can change it if downloaded from some other source. 8.1 does not have many pictures, and the selection offered is not much to look at. When I get connected to internet, hope I can improve it.

RogerDat

Greetings! Got internet, changed it to look and operate like XP except the off switch thing, Got my old XP computer working like before loss of support. 8.1 is more logical than XP except the D-- charms I think it is called, I think I will delete the charms as I find more friendly app to replace them. The map feature is nice, the PDF reader is not. Needs a PDF top word xlate built in.