Sign in to follow this  
Stukish

They took away my Probationary Visa!

Monsoon

I don't have a problem if you are making a choice not to finish the process - as long as you are not trying to avoid the process by doing something under the table.

I don't understand the comment about more extensive ECC - I go to the airport - my wife and I pay the Travel Tax, then we go to Passport Control she gets stamped at one window - I go to another pay between 2550 and 2850 depending on how often I have left the country in any particular calendar year - Yeah it sucks to have to pay that exit fee and if I traveled to and from the Philippines a lot I would consider something else too - but I am lucky if I leave the country once a year.

But I don't have to go to BI and fill out any documentation there - Or are you speaking of something else?

When you downgrade your visa, you have to go through what they called a "hard ECC". It wasn't hard but it also wasn't available the same day. It takes several days to process the visa downgrade and a few days to issue this special "ECC". Its a right pain in the ass because essentially I am/was a prisoner in the Philippines until this is complete. They will NOT let you leave. 

• Like 1

spooks
You do get an ACR card [/quote

you do get an SRRV card but not an ACR card. 

so you do get an ACR card it is called a SRRV card issued by the PRA who are an agency of the BID. PRA as an agent issue nothing without BID clearance and approval.

Bottom line is that which ever route you go, you end end up with a piece of plastic with identical information under a different badge designed to accomplish identical objectives.  SRRV card is an ACR card under a different name, try travelling without it.

Showing your SRRV  ACR card at Immigration allows you in and out with ECC.

showing your 13A version of ACR card will result in producing ECC etc

Edited by spooks

Nangulo

It's not a matter of semantics.  An SRRV ID card is not an ACR card.  The two are completely different.

An SRRV ID card gets issued to the holder of an SRRV and, yes, you carry it and your passport when you travel.  The SRRV ID card exempts the holder from (a) annual report to BI, ( B) ECC, © ACR card, (d) re-entry fees.

An ACR card is issued to tourists (past 60 days) and permanent residents (not of the SRRV type).  Even with an ACR card, you need an ECC when leaving the country (if, as a tourist, having stayed > 6 months) and residents have to pay a re-entry fee.

Depending on the SRRV, annual fees can be as little as $10.

(MS Word does the same #^%$ thing when you put a b or c in parenthesis.  Jeez!  I ain't trying to fix it.)

Edited by Nangulo
  • Like 3

spooks

It's not a matter of semantics.  An SRRV ID card is not an ACR card.  The two are completely different.

An SRRV ID card gets issued to the holder of an SRRV and, yes, you carry it and your passport when you travel.  The SRRV ID card exempts the holder from (a) annual report to BI, ( B) ECC, © ACR card, (d) re-entry fees.

An ACR card is issued to tourists (past 60 days) and permanent residents (not of the SRRV type).  Even with an ACR card, you need an ECC when leaving the country (if, as a tourist, having stayed > 6 months) and residents have to pay a re-entry fee.

Depending on the SRRV, annual fees can be as little as $10.

(MS Word does the same #^%$ thing when you put a b or c in parenthesis.  Jeez!  I ain't trying to fix it.)

the BID authorize the issue of the ACR card called the SRRV.  when you travel the details of that card are held by the BID.  The PRA is just an agency acting on behalf of the BID. When you do either your annual or tri annual renewal with the PRA this info is given to the BID by the PRA who are the agents.

That the membership of the PRA has privileges that other Visa classes do not have does not change the purpose of the issuing of the cards. irrespective of if you renew annualy or tri annualy under the PRA.

It is what is is, that is an ID card.

The cards prove that as an Alien you are registered, that is their purpose!! One shows you are registered direct with the BID,the other shows you registered with an Agency reporting to the BID.  SRRV holders are on the BID data base, the class of Alien is on their main register, along with others

The badges they have on the plastic from sponsoring government agencies is immaterial to the purpose and intent.

This was made clear in my time as a member of the SRRV scheme before getting BID authority to leave and get a new ACR card for 13A visa.

I re call the conversation with some of the EURAMA guys at that time as to why they even bother to have the PRA because it was transferred to the Dept of Tourism. As we know Tourists have ACR card etc if they stay over a certain period of time.

Davaoeno
so you do get an ACR card it is called a SRRV card

I bought a Ford but I call it a Ferrari  because after all a car is a car !!

Edited by Davaoeno
  • Like 2

spooks

car or acr car and what is it red

MattFromGA

I had the same thing happen to me years ago.  The 1 year probation period is only when you apply for that visa in country.  If you apply out of country you get the 5 year visa directly without the probation period.  I have no idea why they do it that way.