Sign in to follow this  
Stukish

They took away my Probationary Visa!

Stukish

I was so close. I had finished the process of getting my I-card. I had the probationary card. But I showed up late (beyond the 1 year) by about 2 weeks. So... they took the card away and told me that we had to start all over again.

Do I have ANY recorse? Any? I am willing to pay any bribe to avoid having to start this process all over again. And I assume that since they probably have all of my original paperwork that someone might be able to reissue the card.

Ronin

If you pay a 20,000 USD bribe (deposit) you can get a retirement visa in a few weeks.

I haven't done this, I base this only on online research.

spooks

Do not be late when u start the process over again

And as for asking anyone on a forum to assist you in what would be a criminal deception is just plain silly

• Like 1

A_Simple_Man

Take comfort in knowing that a number of people who had started the process in Tacloban before the typhoon are in the same boat.  They all have to start over as their paperwork is gone with the wind.

Its more fun here.

• Like 1

Paul

First, why were you late, if you don't mind telling?

Second, please do not suggest, ask, or offer illegal activities on the site. It would certainly be illegal for someone, anyone to assist you in that manner.

• Like 2

InternetTough

If you pay a 20,000 USD bribe (deposit) you can get a retirement visa in a few weeks.

I haven't done this, I base this only on online research.

Well---it is not a bribe, as it is legal. Also, you don't pay them $20,000---you deposit it in an approved bank. They have the use of the money (IF the account is in the Development Bank of the Philippines) to loan to farmers, various small and medium enterprises, and to subsidize rural infrastructure (among other things) while you are here. You get your money back when you request it---although that ends the visa as well.

You also get the right to live, work, and go to school here. You also don't have to deal with the Bureau of Immigration.

It is the PRA---the Philippine Retirement Authority's SRRV---Special Resident's Retirement Visa

This is their website:http://www.pra.gov.ph/

Here is the wonderful Development Bank of the Philippines website: https://www.dbp.ph/

By the way, it is a government bank, so you don't have to worry about its going belly up.

Edited by InternetTough

Brucewayne

Well---it is not a bribe, as it is legal. Also, you don't pay them $20,000---you deposit it in an approved bank. They have the use of the money (if the account is in the Development Bank of the Philippines) to loan to farmers, various small and medium enterprises, and to subsidize rural infrastructure (among other things) while you are here. You get your money back when you request it---although that ends the visa as well.

You also get the right to live, work, and go to school here. You also don't have to deal with the Bureau of Immigration.

It is the PRA---the Philippine Retirement Authority's SRRV---Special Resident's Retirement Visa

This is their website:http://www.pra.gov.ph/

Here is the wonderful Development Bank of the Philippines website: https://www.dbp.ph/

By the way, it is a government bank, so you don't have to worry about its going belly up.

Sorry, but I trust no banks here and am even apprehensive of those in the states since my bank there went belly up, taking nearly half of what I had in savings along with them in 2008.

If the Philippines were more stable, I would probably go along with their $20,000 deposit deal.

Lee

If you have a pension or ss and are 50 and above then it is $10,000 deposit

SRRV

1. 50 Years Old & Above:
  • Without Pension - US$20,000.00
  • With Pension - US$10,000.00

Davaoeno

SRRV

1. 50 Years Old & Above:

Plus $1400 usd application fee .   

Ronin

SRRV

1. 50 Years Old & Above:

If you're 50 and above you can also withdraw that 20k to invest in the Philippines - condo, house, etc...

If you're under 50 the deposit goes up to 50k, same rules apply IIRC.

If you're under 50 you can still make a 20k deposit and get the visa, however, you can not invest the deposit.

Plus $1400 usd application fee .   

And $360 usd per year (but no ACR-I card is required and you can come and go as you please).

smokey

I was so close. I had finished the process of getting my I-card. I had the probationary card. But I showed up late (beyond the 1 year) by about 2 weeks. So... they took the card away and told me that we had to start all over again.

Do I have ANY recorse? Any? I am willing to pay any bribe to avoid having to start this process all over again. And I assume that since they probably have all of my original paperwork that someone might be able to reissue the card.

e mail me the details i would like to know the whole story 

Edited by Headshot
Removed duplicate quotes

Davaoeno

If you're 50 and above you can also withdraw that 20k to invest in the Philippines - condo, house, etc...

It can be a condo- but not a house [ since even an SRRV doesnt allow a foreigner to own a house here].  And the condo has to be ready to move into ie no pre-sales 

Here is a letter I got from PRA in Manila in 2011 [ before i became a marketer for them].  The answer re " ready to move into" is very unclear . However I never pursued the matter . I do believe that the unclear part relates to accreditation and not to "ready to move into"  ie  i think any condo you want to buy must be ready to move into, and that any condo project can be accredited if you ask. 

Dear Sir,

Below are my answers to your queries. However, I forwarded these concerns to Ms. Desiree Santos since she handles our investment group and she would be able to explain to you the requirements and procedures in your purchase of a condo unit.

First- I wish to convert my SRRV  from a bank deposit to buying a condo. I have $20,000 usd on deposit.  I understand that the minimum purchase will soon be increased to $50,000 so i want to buy the condo right away before the increase goes into affect.  I assume I can do so ??

Answer: Your deposit which is in the bank right now may be used for buying a condo unit.  Please be advised that the said unit must be already on a "ready for occupancy" status and not a pre-selling one.  It is not true that the deposit will increase.  The new SRRV Options which was implemented starting last May 5 will not affect retirees who joined prior to the May 5 implementation - and this include you since you joined last August 19, 2009.  You will not be affected with the new fees and obligations for the new SRRV Options.  However, please be advised that if you will use your deposit for purchase of a condo unit, you will be required to pay the Visitorial Fee of US$500 yearly.  Since you plan to become our Marketer, i suggest that you go thru our website to compare the new SRRV Options at www.pra.gov.ph.

Second- I understand that whichever condo I buy has to be ready for occupancy- and has to be a PRA authorized project.  I have been told that most projects can be authorized, and I have also been told that only the Lindmarr  Towers project is authorized [ here in Davao].  Which information is correct ?

Answer:  As I have said, the general rule is that the unit must be ready for occupancy already.  However, since Lindmarr Towers was accredited last year and its accreditation is valid until July 2, 2011, yes you can use your deposit to purchase a unit in the said project.  Kindly be reminded that their accreditation is only up to July and we suggest for you to start with the processing of your planned investment.

Stukish

I was late. No good excuse. I heard the lawyer tell us that we needed to come back BEFORE the expiration date. And when I reminded my wife, she dismissed me. Then, of course, when we showed up, they took the card away and told us to start over again. It took all of my willpower to not say, "I told you so!"

• Like 1

Stukish

Regarding the $20,000 Development Bank dposit method of getting a Visa, does anyone know if I can move IRA/401K money into an account like that without incurring penalties?

roadhaze

I learned hard way also about being late. I was late getting birth certificate for my daughter registered. It has taken me almost 3 months of jumping thru hoops but think they going to give it to me next week. But I'm just hoping they have no more games to play with me. DO NOT be late. You will be punished and it will cost you lots of time and $$$$$$.