Sign in to follow this  
bulldoggy26_cute

Tricare certified pediatrician/osteopath in Cebu?

bulldoggy26_cute

Hi everyone,

We are looking for a pediatrician and osteopath in Cebu. It is to continue the treatment for our baby.

As I want to avoid surprises, any advice will be very useful.

Ps: For the osteopath, it is even more important to find a very good one as some (unexperimented) can make real damages in the development of the baby...

Thanks in advance,

USMC-Retired

Here is the website with the lists.  Yet word of warning call tricare before you visit a doctor to ensure they have not been deceritified.  Then be prepared to pay all the fees up front and file your own claims.  

http://tricare-overseas.com/ProviderSearch/Beneficiary_PhilippineDemonstration_ProvSearch.aspx

bulldoggy26_cute

Thanks a lot for the link and the necessary warnings... For sure, if there is something with what nobody can play is the health of a baby ...

Headshot

I wasn't even aware that Tricare certified alternative medicine practitioners (like osteopaths). They are certainly NOT on the certified list for the Philippines. This is where you find current information for certified practitioners here in the Philippines...

http://tricare-overseas.com/ProviderSearch/Beneficiary_PhilippineDemonstration_ProvSearch.aspx

For a pediatrician, I would recommend Dra. Rhodora Diaz. Her office phone is 253 4863. If you look under the "where to find - services" forum, you will find my recommendation for her. She is amazing with small children.

bulldoggy26_cute

By the way, how do they called "osteopath" in their terminology (specialty)? Anybody?

bulldoggy26_cute

I wasn't even aware that Tricare certified alternative medicine practitioners (like osteopaths). They are certainly NOT on the certified list for the Philippines. This is where you find current information for certified practitioners here in the Philippines...

For a pediatrician, I would recommend Dra. Rhodora Diaz. Her office phone is 253 4863. If you look under the "where to find - services" forum, you will find my recommendation for her. She is amazing with small children.

Thank you very much Headshot, I saw your previous post but as it was locked, I open this one and I already took note of Dra. Rhodora Diaz, perhaps she can also advice us for an osteopath.

Headshot

There is a chiropractor on the B2 level of Ayala Mall. Ask him about an osteopath. Since both fields are alternative medicine, he would be more likely to know if there are any here.

bulldoggy26_cute

We met Dra. Rhodora Diaz and we are very satisfied with her attitude and her professionalism.

Steve-usa

By the way, how do they called "osteopath" in their terminology (specialty)? Anybody?

Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (at least in the US) 

Board Certified DO's (as they are refelled to, again in the US) were common back in the early 1900's and then they seemed to die out.  But lately they've been making a come-back in a fairly large way.  Near where I live is Dartmouth College probably one of America's ten most elite colleges (try maybe 11 million peso, inclusive for a 4 year education--and DO's take 6 or more).

"Like all allopathic physicians (or M.D.s), osteopathic physicians complete 4 years of medical school and can choose to practice in any speciality of medicine.  However, osteopathic physicians receive an additional 300 - 500 hours in the study of hands-on manual medicine and the body's musculoskeletal system.

Osteopathic physicians hold to the priciple that a patient's history of illness and physical trauma are written into the body's structure. The osteopathic physician's highly developed sense of touch allows the physician to feel (palpitate) the patient's "living anatomy" (the flow of fluids, motion and texture of tissues, and structural makeup).

Like M.D.s, osteopathic physicians are licensed at the state level. Osteopathic physicians who wish to specialize may become "board certified" (in much the same manner as M.D.s) by completing a 2- to 6-year residency within the specilaty area and passing the board certification exams."

It's common to relate DO's to DC's (Dr of Chiropracty) but in some cases there is animosity and sometimes there is not. 

There is a board that certifies DO's in the US and you can see in the following link there are hints to global certification.  Frederic, perhaps you could write to them and see if they can point you in a direction that you can find a DO Board Certified in RP.

http://www.osteopathic.org/osteopathic-health/about-dos/dos-around-the-world/Pages/default.aspx

Hope this helps.    It would seem to me that to find a DO first and then find the Pediatrician as referred by the DO would give you more of what you want, which I assume to be a more gentle and sensitive practitioner.

Just an interesting side note:  I have sitting here on my desk an old book titled "History of Osteopathy" by E.R.Booth circa 1924.  I found it at my local dump in the "book box."  Adall.com is the place to find old books and I was quite schocked to see one for sale for $700US.  I picked it up because I'm an RN and worked at DHMC which stands for Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center which is where most Dartmouth College Interns and Fellows practice and rememebered meeting a few when I worked there.  That was where I learned abut the resurgance of DO.  That was a lucky find.

• Like 1

bulldoggy26_cute

Thanks a lot for your great input.

NOSOCALPINOY
We received our TRICARE eligibility at age 60 when I received benefits and my pension from my USAFR unit  and I'm now 65 which SSA already started deducting for Medicare!  

I find this TRICARE Standard Overseas a bit overwhelming when it comes to finding certified health care providers, let alone filing for reimbursement claims, besides our pharmacy claims which I have finally figured it out, because I just mailed my second pharmacy claim just last week via the RP "Express Snail Mail"! My first pharmacy claim took over 4 weeks!  

We haven't yet to experience "in-patient" care" but I truly dread the day when we have to, because how long would it take TRICARE to reimburse our money we paid up front in cash! We could go broke waiting! That's why we're trying our earnest to save every centavos we can for those up front cash payments in case we do have "in-patient" outrageous costs in the hundred of thousands let alone in the millions of pesos!  :idontknow: