Sign in to follow this  
JoeLansing

Feel free to bug me with free advice

JoeLansing

Some of my advice may be correct :)  I've been a tech for 20 years, used to own my own store.  18 years ago I'd already built 3,000 computers.  I've been authorized factory service for HP, Compaq, Fujitsu, Toshiba, and Dell.  Also HP laser printers.  I do networks/security for a big bank now but I'm still good at fixing things.  All my bad advice is free.  jnorton_13  at Yahoo dot com.  I'm in the states though.  I can't tell you where to buy something.  Keep that in mind.

- Joe

• Like 3

Canuck Joe

why give out your email address (which I think is against forum rules) when you could just give out advice here.

I have a 32g card in my camera, 16g is used. When I try to transfer it to my computer it says not enough room...when system info shows I have 400g space remaining?

Edited by Canuck Joe

enoonmai

I have a 32g card in my camera, 16g is used. When I try to transfer it to my computer it says not enough room...when system info shows I have 400g space remaining?

If the drive is formatted FAT32 there is a 4GB size limit on individual files.

Runian

05. Posting of email addresses and cell numbers, Commercial Ads, & Age Difference Topics - Updated 02/11/2013

• Email Addresses - Email addresses are not to be posted anywhere on this site, without the expressed permission of the site administrator.

so umm this this may be bye bye to you sir, Paul is kinda cracking down on ppl not following the rules .. but maybe your eagerness to help will keep u a float and your offence is not under the instaban banner .. 

Read the rules here 

• Like 1

mikewright

Thanks Joe, perhaps you can help me. I have a new Toshiba Satellite laptop running on Windows   8.1.    Bought a Smart Bro dongle model WM66E to get internet, but computer won't recognise it. Apparently it won't automatically connect to Windows 8.1, but will to Windows 7.  Local computer shop tried for an hour, but couldn't locate a driver online. Any suggestions? No problem with Globe Tattoo, which I am now using.

Edited by mikewright

philuk

Thanks Joe, perhaps you can help me. I have a new Toshiba Satellite laptop running on Windows   8.1.    Bought a Smart Bro dongle model WM66E to get internet, but computer won't recognise it. Apparently it won't automatically connect to Windows 8.1, but will to Windows 7.  Local computer shop tried for an hour, but couldn't locate a driver online. Any suggestions? No problem with Globe Tattoo, which I am now using.

Just been looking on there web site, and they are offering a download of there latest drivers,

But it only lists up to windows 7, maybe they have not rigged it for windows 8 yet,

You can try to reinstall the drivers in compatibility mode, windows 8 should be able to emulate windows 7

Edited by philuk
  • Like 1