Sign in to follow this  
no one

my visa run :(

no one

ok i stay here for 2 years after i pay all the visa extensions and all that 

all was ok on my way out no problem at all 

got few days out nice place as well coming back in feeling better and relaxed lol it was long 2 years here 

got back to ph at the airport see the BI guy to get back in :(

he tells me 

listen to me carefully 

tourist visa is just that for tourist only you can not extand with it 

already send 1 guy home for that today 

but couse you are getting married here i will let you go back in but i will put your name in the PC  

oh and i had to give him my fiance name 

so im confused lol 

now im in some PC for what im not sure yet 

what is the extension for and why do i have to pay so much for it if i cant stay here with it 

we are to get married this year but still i dont like to be talk to like that 

all this is from cebu airport as well 

not a nice place or people there at all 

im sadly starting to dislike this place more and more day by day 

just for those who are doing the same 

you might get told to go back home at any time :(

lol deported from ph 

NOSOCALPINOY

no one,

That's a new one on me of what you have just posted on here! As a "Balikbayan" I'm still in a 9(a) tourist status before and or after my BB stamp has expired or I can do a visa run out of the country and return to get another BB stamp good for another one yr free stay or get a visa extension every 6 months up to 24 months!

Besides, here's a quote that says on here: http://www.philippineconsulatela.org/balikbayan.htm#1

The Commissioner of Immigration Andrea D. Domingo informed the Department of Foreign Affairs on 4 June 2001 that, All Immigration Officers at authorized ports of entry shall grant the benefits and privileges to all Balikbayan and former Filipinos included every time they enter the country to visit, regardless of their frequent travel”.  This means that the above categories of persons could now avail of the Balikbayan benefits and privileges regardless of the number of times they enter the country within a year.
So, if any of you out there gets married to a Filipina take advantage of the BB Program!

A regular tourist can do the same every 2 months extensions up to 24 months when one's 59 day visa's expiration is approaching!

Tell me then, why has the BI of the RP went from a 21 day free entry permit up to a 30 day free entry permit and also came up with the new LSVVE 6 month visa extension for tourists?

All about the LSVVE visa for tourists

http://tinyurl.com/mh2783p

That BI airport official in Cebu has his head up his rear! Just go figure! 

Edited by NOSOCALPINOY

CebuKano

ok i stay here for 2 years after i pay all the visa extensions and all that 

all was ok on my way out no problem at all 

got few days out nice place as well coming back in feeling better and relaxed lol it was long 2 years here 

got back to ph at the airport see the BI guy to get back in :(

he tells me 

listen to me carefully 

tourist visa is just that for tourist only you can not extand with it 

already send 1 guy home for that today 

but couse you are getting married here i will let you go back in but i will put your name in the PC  

oh and i had to give him my fiance name 

so im confused lol 

now im in some PC for what im not sure yet 

what is the extension for and why do i have to pay so much for it if i cant stay here with it 

we are to get married this year but still i dont like to be talk to like that 

all this is from cebu airport as well 

not a nice place or people there at all 

im sadly starting to dislike this place more and more day by day 

just for those who are doing the same 

you might get told to go back home at any time :(

lol deported from ph

I'm a bit confused (probably my fault :) ) Did you overstay your visa before you paid up and exited and came back here?

smidsy

If you think Phils is bad for that, you should see how immigrants get treated coming into Australia !

• Like 1

CebuKano

If you think Phils is bad for that, you should see how immigrants get treated coming into Australia !

Or the US. A few years ago I was on Asiana flights from Manila to Inchon to Chicago. There was a couple sitting to the right of me on the Inchon-O'Hare flight. The lady was younger than the guy by I'd guess 15 years or so. No big deal normally. Who cares?

Flight arrives in Chicago and while I was using the Trusted Traveler kiosk at passport control I heard this one passport control "officer" talking very loudly to someone, asking "how did you meet?" "where did you meet"? "how long have you known this guy"? " Did you meet online"? - I'm talking very demeaning loud and just generally being an asshole. I turn to look and it's the young lady that was sitting next to me on the flight, with the "older" guy. Obviously her passport/visa/paperwork was in order otherwise she would have been detained. The young lady looked humiliated and had tears in her eyes while trying to answer the colossal prick's questions and he kept cutting her off when she would hesitate with her answers. I've never wanted to kick someone's ass so badly in my life. Keep in mind that this lady was 100% LEGAL. She went through all the steps, paperwork, everything. Welcome to America, I thought to myself. She made it through passport control ok because the couple was at the luggage claim waiting for their bags along with me. I was ashamed to be an American that day. All because of the dickhead that was on a power trip. Why don't they use that much prick energy at the southern border instead of terrifying legal, legit people with valid visas?

Gus

I,ve just had a similar experience coming back from my visa run to Thailand ..At Manila, the young lady Immigration officer, kept flicking through my passport looking at the extensions, and eventually said , is your wife Filipina ? I said, no, Im single.She asked again, I replied, no. Then the other immigration guy in the adjoining booth butted in, and asked the same question ..I was tempted to say yes, and see if they stamp me Balikbayan, but thought better of it. So, then she asks ...what are you doing in Philippines all this time ? I said ...I live here ! She gave me a look I can only describe as " not friendly " , said, I give you 30 days only ! And stamped my passport ... of course I smiled at her and said thank you .

Paul

Well, I knew about the BI officials at the Cebu Airport. Has anyone tried going through Davao? BI officials have always been nice when I came it, or exited, through Davao. And, I have no idea what a "PC" is. 

maccydee

Well, I knew about the BI officials at the Cebu Airport. Has anyone tried going through Davao? BI officials have always been nice when I came it, or exited, through Davao. And, I have no idea what a "PC" is.

I think he might have meant he will add the name to the computer database ( I'm sure you remember back in the days when we used to call them PC,s )

<<<< runs & hides now ..............

• Like 1

Cebudog

I think he might have meant he will add the name to the computer database ( I'm sure you remember back in the days when we used to call them PC,s )

<<<< runs & hides now ..............

I seriously doubt that BI even has a computer database.

SkyMan

I seriously doubt that BI even has a computer database.

Oh yes, I'm sure they do. And the OP is now in it. The only problem is they difficulty getting anything out of it. Just like the LTO, they were told to make a data base so they did. They were not told to make it useful. Edited by SkyMan
  • Like 1

Sven

So, then she asks ...what are you doing in Philippines all this time ? I said ...I live here ! She gave me a look I can only describe as " not friendly " , said, I give you 30 days only ! And stamped my passport ... of course I smiled at her and said thank you .

Is this a wise answer to give at immigration, if you are in RP on a tourist visa?

I wonder if perhaps a better answer might be something like... "Surfing! ...I keep coming back to the Philipines because it has the best waves ever..!"

• Like 1

SkyMan

Is this a wise answer to give at immigration, if you are in RP on a tourist visa?

I wonder if perhaps a better answer might be something like... "Surfing! ...I keep coming back to the Philipines because it has the best waves ever..!"

How about, I was recalled by President Acquino on urgent business.

Edited by SkyMan
  • Like 2

4thDan

P(ersonal) C(omputer)

A_Simple_Man

he tells me  listen to me carefully  tourist visa is just that for tourist only you can not extand with it 

So he is saying it is only good for coming here to f*ck the girls and not for coming here to live with them?

stevensanph

I think the questioning is probably along the lines said by the new BI commissioner.  Since last year those applying for permanent residency have been made to prove that they are not criminals coming to hide in the Philippines, by producing police clearances. 

Given that, i am not surprised they are now questioning those that live here long term on tourist visas.  I would not be surprised if at some point they start demanding police clearances for long term tourists...