OUTRAGE! Obama Administration Is Secretly Declaring Thousands of US Veterans Incompetent – Then Taking Away Their Second Amendment Rights

Posted by Jim Hoft on Monday, January 6, 2014, 6:30 AM
US veterans started receiving letters from the government last year informing them that they are disabled and not allowed to own, purchase or possess a firearm. If the veteran does decide to purchase a firearm he will by fined, imprisoned or both.
This comes on page 2 of the VA letter.

letter-veterans.jpg

leter-vets-2.jpg

The majority of US veterans receive basically the same letter. Many of the veterans do not even know the VA declared them incompetent. The targeted veterans say the VA offers an appeals process but then does not share required information.

VA Benefits Administrators are the ones making these declarations against veterans robbing them of their due process rights and arbitrarily submitting their names to the FBI’s NICS database without cause and many times without a veteran’s knowledge.

This is an outrage!

Last April the United States Justice Foundation (USJF) filed a suit against the Obama Administration on behalf of these abused veterans.
Katharine Russ reported:

The United States Justice Foundation (USJF) has filed the first lawsuit of what promises to be a string of lawsuits in the US District Court for the Southern District of California against the US Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA) and the Veterans Benefits Administration (VBA)…

…Current policies of the VA have caused more than 129,000 veterans to, arbitrarily, be deprived of their Second Amendment Rights to own firearms without due process simply because they were declared financially “incompetent.”

These arbitrary policies, in no way, consider whether a veteran represents a danger to themselves or to others.

It is, unequivocally, unsound and irrational thinking that sends our young men and women off to war and expects them to come home “whole.” Most veterans experience minor depression, minor PTSD, and even minor short-term memory loss when they return home but can still function- competently.

No court would find them incompetent and strip them of their second amendment rights for such minor diagnoses unless they were proven to be a detriment to society. In some these cases, the VA does not even offer reasons or evidence for such a Determination.

It is outrageous to think that over 100,000 US veterans are the victims of this sort of abuse.
US veterans deserve the same Constitutional rights as the rest of us.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014/01/outrage-obama-administration-is-secretly-declaring-thousands-of-us-veterans-incompetent-then-taking-away-their-second-amendment-rights/

EDIT: 

Here is a link from the American Legion, that spreads more light on this issue - albeit an apposing one: 

http://burnpit.us/2013/02/about-va-letter-regard-guns

Edited by Paul
  • Like 1
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Majorsco

• Irenicus

• lamoe

• Paul

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know my opinions on some subjects are not popular with many, that is why I usually move on  but his concerns veterans - so I want to make sure that Veterans have good information to base their decis

Elementary British Army officer training - if your soldiers are not complaining about anything, there is something wrong.

Posted Images

Majorsco

This letter is a year old. Why has this not been seen in the news media? I know why not in the liberal press, but should have been covered on Fox News or The Blaze or Drudge/Breitbart?

Is it legit or a fake?

Is it legit or a fake?

That's why I posted it here, to see if the military members of the site could validate it? It wouldn't surprise me if it were true, knowing this administration.

• Like 1
smokey

This letter is a year old. Why has this not been seen in the news media? I know why not in the liberal press, but should have been covered on Fox News or The Blaze or Drudge/Breitbart?

Is it legit or a fake?

its standard really when guys claim they have no control the doctor can ask for this to happen ,,,      especially for vets that SELF med...

Edited by smokey
Irenicus

I don't think its really an outrage as the thread title indicates.  Not enough information is provided. The guy could have be a quadriplegic or recently blinded or possessed of a myriad of mental health issues,  I worked in social services and we would occasionally have clients who would be disabled and have payees for their benefits (typically family members).  Looks like the VA has the same type of system in place.

lamoe

That's why I posted it here, to see if the military members of the site could validate it? It wouldn't surprise me if it were true, knowing this administration.

I seriously doubt it's a power play by BeBop - even he can count up to 0317 or 8541.. Although the later may need glasses

• Like 1
Majorsco

I seriously doubt it's a power play by BeBop - even he can count up to 0317 or 8541.. Although the later may need glasses

Actually if you couple this with Dep of Homeland Security labeling returning vets as a security risk four years ago I am not surprised.

The real question is why the administration distrusts/dislikes vets and active duty military.

Read the stories going around today about Bill Gates expose about how Obama and senior admin officials distrust military.

It adds up.

Mr. Mike

We can dismiss Obama's actions all we like and chose to feel comfortable...that is the problem with the USA. One half of the country is too ingnorant to educate themselves.(or plan for their future)....and too cowardly to do something...anything... about it! Too much trust,and dependence in the federal government, and their selfserving political decisions! We live in the land of stupid!........ Stupid children, stupid teens, stupid twenty-somthings, stupid over-indulging parents........

• Like 2
senseless

Sorry to say, but this has been going on since long before obama got into office.

• Like 2
Majorsco

Sorry to say, but this has been going on since long before obama got into office.

To some extent I agree. However it has escalated with a vengeance since Obama.

• Like 1
Wolfpack

We live in the land of stupid!........ 

Compared to what country, would USA be land of the stupid?

I would put a USA 6th grade education up against a Filipino high school graduate...and bet on the USA 6th grader...

I would put a USA high school graduate up against a Filipino college graduate...and bet on the USA high school graduate...

I can't honestly speak for education throughout the USA...but where my kids graduated from high school in USA...compared to the education my kids are getting in the Philippines...makes my kids that grew up in the USA look like geniuses...

My kids growing up in the Philippines, have an edge just because I am in their household...but the average filipino student will not graduate with a very good education...and the Philippines is doing a better job of educating their people...than most 3rd world countries...

So careful with the "land of the stupid" comments...

thank you

• Like 2
Irenicus

We live in the land of stupid!........ Stupid children, stupid teens, stupid twenty-somthings, stupid over-indulging parents........

Are you sure you are in Georgia and not in the Philippines??

Yeah, this VA provision is actually part of Federal statute and has been on the books for a long time.

Majorsco

Are you sure you are in Georgia and not in the Philippines??

Yeah, this VA provision is actually part of Federal statute and has been on the books for a long time.

What statute? I'd like to see that one. I can't believe that because someone has a VA disability that they lose their constitutional rights. Sounds bogus without backup.

• Like 1

I can't believe that because someone has a VA disability that they lose their constitutional rights. Sounds bogus without backup.

I agree. Which is why I hope more vets will reply here to let us know if this holds true or not, for sure. If so, it certainly is an outrage!

lamoe

Compared to what country, would USA be land of the stupid?

I would put a USA 6th grade education up against a Filipino high school graduate...and bet on the USA 6th grader...

I would put a USA high school graduate up against a Filipino college graduate...and bet on the USA high school graduate...

I can't honestly speak for education throughout the USA...but where my kids graduated from high school in USA...compared to the education my kids are getting in the Philippines...makes my kids that grew up in the USA look like geniuses...

My kids growing up in the Philippines, have an edge just because I am in their household...but the average filipino student will not graduate with a very good education...and the Philippines is doing a better job of educating their people...than most 3rd world countries...

So careful with the "land of the stupid" comments...

thank you

Stupid not as in education - stupid as in no common sense, judgement, or  values.

By the way you don't have to be religious to values.