Sign in to follow this  
greatplace

Need help at BI Office in Cebu

greatplace

I have to fill in the annual report form.  No problem go into the office everything is down then get told Manila won’t let us process your application as you are a 13 quota visa and the little village (dgte) is not or does not have access to the main data base.  You have to go to Manila, Cebu or Davao.........Well thank you mama you are so helpful.

In the last 10 years or so I have never been to the BI office in Cebu, but I have read some of the threads regarding Cebu Immigration from you guys.  I rang the office and the guy said I understand your situation and there is no problem just bring all the papers that the dgte office has completed and get here before 8.00am.  I asked if I could complete this within a day.......of course just be here before 8.00.

If you guys can help me I know where the office is located......drive past SM and Cebu Doctors University and around the corner to the right then turn up P. Burgos St and its up on the left......Is there any parking?????  Or would it be better to take a taxi there so if it takes some time I won’t get a parking ticket.    Also I’m aware that you have to wear the appropriate attire such as long pants and shoes but no bow ties are needed to be worn.

I am going on the 23rd of Jan as the following day my partner and I will take a break from work have some quality time together in Hong Kong.

Anything else I need to be aware of??????

arentol

There is a parking lot down the road from BI, about a 5 minute walk away. Note that this info is accurate as of Feb 2013 (last time I was there) -- maybe someone could confirm/deny.

Regards,

Aren

mello874

Better to take a taxi from S.M. Sometimes it is a problem getting one back.

Brucewayne

There are guys who direct parking for about P10 per parking spot and they watch your vehicle too.

They might just watch someone hit it and run, but they will watch it.

Park at SM and take a taxi, it is more convenient and a short ride which would probably cost under P80 each way.

• Like 1

greatplace

Thanks guys parking at SM seems the way to go and just get a taxi.

• Like 1

johnboy999

Thanks guys parking at SM seems the way to go and just get a taxi.

When it's time to go back to SM, the guys outside who control the parking will grab the first available taxi for you. Most people, whenever I've been to the Mandaue BI, tend to arrive by taxi so they come and go pretty often. I don't think I ever had to wait much more than 5 minutes for a cab there, but maybe I've just been lucky every time ;)

• Like 1

ozboy

Catch a cab....there is no problem getting a cab back....

Salty Dog

I take a taxi from Cebu I.T. Park and it is still less than P100.

Headshot

You can also park at ParkMall, it is much closer,  a l m o s t  walking distance

ParkMall at center cross this map

http://wikimapia.org/#lang=en&lat=10.325485&lon=123.933967&z=17&m=b

Or even better, you can park FREE at the Mandaue City Sports Complex just across the street from the Mandaue City Fire Station and walk around the corner to Immigration. There are even traffic enforcers to help you get across the busy street in one piece. That is the closest reliable parking to Immigration. You can't turn onto Burgos anymore from the coastal road (coming from SM). So, when you see the fire department on your left, turn right into the parking lot. It is free parking, and there are always police around.

• Like 1

A_Simple_Man

It is free parking,

You are lucky.  I used to park there years ago and there was always an attendant with his hand out for a parking fee.  Maybe that has changed? 

Woolf
Or even better, you can park FREE at the Mandaue City Sports Complex just across the street from the Mandaue City Fire Station

Unfortunately not for now, that road is filled up with stalls of the Mandau market,

that is since the earthquake ruined the market.

I think it will be like that until they build a new marked

I used to park there, in novenber last I just manage to find space for my small multivan, just next to the last stall there

Ohh well maybe you can park at the sports complex

here ( I was thinking of the road to the right of the tennis courts)

http://wikimapia.org/#lang=en&lat=10.324102&lon=123.941668&z=19&m=b

Edited by Woolf

JSL-USMC

I was there today. We parked at SM. Only way to go.

We went to renew my perm regis, got there at 0900 and it was a madhouse but someway are another things got done. Was out at 0945.

Never saw anyone in shorts and only one T shirt, everyone else had shirt with a collar.

Lots easier with a wife or GF.

Change that to someone who speaks the language.

Edited by BGGruff

Woolf

I have NEVER had a language problem there, ALL the people I have spoken to there speaks ok english

• Like 2

Brucewayne

Or even better, you can park FREE at the Mandaue City Sports Complex just across the street from the Mandaue City Fire Station and walk around the corner to Immigration. There are even traffic enforcers to help you get across the busy street in one piece. That is the closest reliable parking to Immigration. You can't turn onto Burgos anymore from the coastal road (coming from SM). So, when you see the fire department on your left, turn right into the parking lot. It is free parking, and there are always police around.

Then who would watch the car to keep the police from ....Oh well, never mind.

• Like 1