Sign in to follow this  
tambok

The " I need medicine" scam

HTM

Those who fall for these scammers can't have much experience in the world! And also sure to be fooled by snake oil and similar products in their home country

99.99% of the methods they use are very old and used internationally for decades.
I understand that young and inexperienced men may be fooled, but not older experienced men.

• Like 1

Kreole

That's an easy one. Get the medicine for him, take him outside, while discreetly preparing the injection. When he gets outside, give him the injection. :D

Be advised that there is a danger in giving someone an injection.  If you do no clear the syringe of air, it can kill or cripple the patient.  It is easy enough to do, but if you get it wrong, the consequences can be devastating.

spydoo

Be advised that there is a danger in giving someone an injection.  If you do no clear the syringe of air, it can kill or cripple the patient.  It is easy enough to do, but if you get it wrong, the consequences can be devastating.

While your concerns are based on fact, it's largely myth. 100mls of air injected into a vein will kill someone. A small amount of air injected into an artery can also be lethal. Not many injections are designed to be injected into arteries, as far as I know.

Since the tetanus vaccine is intramuscular it shouldn't be an issue.

• Like 1

thebob

Charity begins at home. I'm looking after me and mine, when they are all OK, then there are still gonna be plenty of others in line before I get to some random dude in the street.

Tell him to go to see his barangay captain or the sisters of mercy. I can't help everyone, and I've already chosen my list.

HTM

yes air embolism can kill you, but most of these air emboli enter the veins are stopped at the lungs

60 milliliters can be lethal and serious damage can result from 20 milliliters.

A visual explanation of what 20 ml are (and 300 ...) :-)

A 20 milliliters syringe

post-2957-0-59277300-1396777879_thumb.jpg

A 300 milliliters syringe

post-2957-0-27960000-1396778035_thumb.jpg

markhere

saw something similar back in 2008, cut foot, looking for sponsorship, give him 100peso, the wound did look bad, but thats a while ago, could that be the same person, profile fits

Paul

Then, I suppose it all depends on how well you like the person. 

Personally, I am not going to give ANYONE an injection. I don't like needles in me. I certainly am not going to stick them in someone else. 

• Like 1

smokey

its common here in Arizona a few days ago i see a women about 50 standing at the exit of a shopping center her sign says.... i have breast cancer please help god bless   <<<<<  Same women another location 2 days later.... I have Leukemia please help god bless