Cebuano course

I'm seriously thinking about settling down here so i decided to learn the language properly. I had a look to some of the previous threads here and it looks like there aren't available schools for this, but just private teachers. I'm also trying to find some sort of school books, but didn't have much luck until now. The language packages posted here are pretty good to make a basis, but i would like to get to an higher level. Does anyone know where can i look for books, lessons or whatever?

I'm seriously thinking about settling down here so i decided to learn the language properly. I had a look to some of the previous threads here and it looks like there aren't available schools for this, but just private teachers. I'm also trying to find some sort of school books, but didn't have much luck until now. The language packages posted here are pretty good to make a basis, but i would like to get to an higher level. Does anyone know where can i look for books, lessons or whatever?

For some weird reason this school pops up on my Facebook updates.

NALA  *** I have NOTHING to do with this school.. so please don't think I am trying to advertise for them *** just some info I thought my be useful. 

Yes they have online courses, but maybe if you go visit them in Mobolo, they can help you with in person classes. Maybe you can trade your native language skills for learning Bisaya. 

I can let you photocopy my books and lesson plans as long as you promise not to resell them. 

Edited by D_D

Popo, there is LOADS of information right here on this site, some in this very forum, and certainly in this very category of the site: 

http://www.livingincebuforums.com/topic/43434-cebuano-language-course-you-wanted-it-and-now-its-here/

http://www.livingincebuforums.com/topic/7483-cebuano-language-objectives/

http://www.livingincebuforums.com/topic/4384-cebuano-tagalog-language-links/

tobster

Try not to go off topic here but I have noticed the Indian money lenders speak very good as well as the Morman missionaries. Maybe ask them.

• Like 1

Suggest you concentrate on vocabulary before jumping into lesson plans or classes.  Knowing 100 bisaya words will make the more formal stuff much easier.  Here is a link to a good dictionary and thesaurus. http://binisaya.com/cebuano/  If you can't hack the vocabulary and enunciation you are going to struggle mightily.

• Like 1

In the past, I have found books in the National Book Stores in Cebu regarding translations and other Dictionary type of books...

If U are living in Cebu U can check with the local colleges for private lessons from language students  and/or put a ad in the local papers for private lessons... 

Edited by tim

Guys thanks a lot for your help, you gave me heaps of informations! Will check it out and hopefully will have a beer with you fellas telling Bisaya jokes

Guys thanks a lot for your help, you gave me heaps of informations! Will check it out and hopefully will have a beer with you fellas telling Bisaya jokes

Istoryahe  ! ! ! 

Hoyyy!