Sign in to follow this  
ZipSquare

Sword and Knife Makers

JamesMusslewhite

I have two friends looking but have yet received any news from them. Now that the holidays are over perhaps I will get some information for you soon.

• Like 1

ZipSquare

I have two friends looking but have yet received any news from them. Now that the holidays are over perhaps I will get some information for you soon.

Thank you very much sir! It is much appreciated! 

• Like 1

Canuck Joe

I have been to the blade maker near the first bridge. However, I arrived late and it was closed. Will go back next week.

I've been there and was shocked by the high prices, could be the foreigner tax I'm not sure. Let us know the prices you find please.

Bill H

Almost always better to have a Pinoy friend buy for you here, particularly when you are buying from small shops who don't post prices.  The "tax" you refer to can run upwards of 100% or even more depending on who, what and where you buy it.

• Like 1

Canuck Joe

Had my wife with me...it was over a year ago I was in there, I should go in alone and take a picture of the blade I want, show it to my wife and she can go alone a few days later lol. They do make all kinds of blades. Saw a katana, cane sword, daggers, knives, bolo...and they will make anything to your specification.

• Like 1

thebob

So the reality is that even with all the Hype of the quality of Japanese sword makeing, in the end their very best can only produce a second-rate end product to that made by a Texian.

I'd prefer a Masashige blade to any of those sharps made from old Chrysler leaf springs.

ZipSquare

Had my wife with me...it was over a year ago I was in there, I should go in alone and take a picture of the blade I want, show it to my wife and she can go alone a few days later lol. They do make all kinds of blades. Saw a katana, cane sword, daggers, knives, bolo...and they will make anything to your specification.

I'm worried about the lazy tempering though. I might make them one blade for me and I'll volunteer to heat treat the blade my self in their shop. I saw a cheaply made Barong not from there broke into half in the middle. Indicating poor heat treatment.

ZipSquare

I've been there and was shocked by the high prices, could be the foreigner tax I'm not sure. Let us know the prices you find please.

I do polishing/finishing job on swords I buy and sell them. I can sell one to you if you want so the prices won't be ridiculously high. 

Paul

I do polishing/finishing job on swords I buy and sell them. I can sell one to you if you want so the prices won't be ridiculously high. 

Not on this site, you won't. Bye.

Next time, don't try to skirt the rules of advertising on this site.

Edited by Paul

tobster

Not on this site, you won't. Bye.

Next time, don't try to skirt the rules of advertising on this site.

As this thread went on I got a little suspicious of this guy...........Well done Paul

Paul

As this thread went on I got a little suspicious of this guy...........Well done Paul

Unfortunately, I can't take the credit. Headshot was watching this particular thread. I hadn't really paid it much attention. Anyway, he brought it up to me. I did drop the hammer, though, as I did on a couple others since then. 

Canuck Joe

we got used...but Paul dropped the hammer feck yeah