Sign in to follow this  
Cyclone

Sinulog 2014 - Is it worth going too?

Brucewayne

Past years it was around P1500. I try to wait before I go there to buy my badge so I can get badge number 666 ! 

But I know some guys feel that is a lot and don't need to buy a badge because they will go where they want, when they want, ignoring the security ropes. So this year I will take pictures of those douchbags and enter them into the contest. 

Don't we already have a bad enough reputation without advertising our lack of manners publicly?

I mean that the way of the Filipino is to close ones eyes and sweep bad things under the rug to prevent controversy and if we follow the same course of action here, maybe we wouldn't make things so bad for ourselves.

People tend to judge all people of a certain persuasion to be the same if one person of that persuasion does anything publicly good or bad.

Wouldn't it be better to try to show the good side of all than to try to start a movement that might affect all of us in an adverse manner?

Just my opinion, you will do what your conscience tells you, but I don't like to rock the boat unless someone actually does something horrific.

Brucewayne

growing up as a poor black child in alabama my aunt gemima used to tell me "always eat your greens and stay away from sinulog". 

attachicon.gifzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzbuckwheat.jpg

• Like 1

D_D

Don't we already have a bad enough reputation without advertising our lack of manners publicly?

I mean that the way of the Filipino is to close ones eyes and sweep bad things under the rug to prevent controversy and if we follow the same course of action here, maybe we wouldn't make things so bad for ourselves.

People tend to judge all people of a certain persuasion to be the same if one person of that persuasion does anything publicly good or bad.

Wouldn't it be better to try to show the good side of all than to try to start a movement that might affect all of us in an adverse manner?

Just my opinion, you will do what your conscience tells you, but I don't like to rock the boat unless someone actually does something horrific.

It is NOT only foreigners breaking the rules, it is everyone.

So if they are Filipino and feel the rules don't apply to them, they will also have their picture taken and posted online as ignorant to the rules. 

I have taken thousands of pictures of Sinulog over many years, and honestly it is the same pictures over and over and over. So I need to figure out how to make it interesting for me this year.

Taking pictures of people who think the security ropes do not apply to them will be fun. So if anyone else wants to join in, maybe we can make our own photo contest out of it, 

• Like 1

Monsoon

So if they are Filipino and feel the rules don't apply to them, they will also have their picture taken and posted online as ignorant to the rules. 

Best bring extra memory cards.

D_D

I mean that the way of the Filipino is to close ones eyes and sweep bad things under the rug to prevent controversy

The Filipino way is... as long as you can afford and pay, then the rules do not apply to you. 

So I am giving you the info on how you can pay for a badge in advance, giving you the right to go in and out of the security rope when ever you want. 

I think paying the P1500 is worth it, so I pay. 

mistaeric

When I was told the hotels double and triple their rates and taxis are hard to find AND take the long route claiming streets are blocked off. No thanks. I will visit AFTER that sinolog sunday to come to Cebu. You guys should hold on to all your broken cheap mobiles to take to sinolog and let the slick pickpockets do their work. And the joke will be on them when they find out they stole a piece of junk!!!

D_D

When I was told the hotels double and triple their rates and taxis are hard to find AND take the long route claiming streets are blocked off. No thanks.

Yeah that is normal all over the world during major events. For example during the Mardi Gras, Superbowl, World Cup and Olympics. 

Most of the major streets in the city are blocked off. 

Sorry you won't be able to make it, but is good for us to give us more space.

mistaeric

I was never fascinated by parades,even as a child. Enjoy yourself!

• Like 1

AmericanFred

So several years ago I worked with one of the organizers of the previous Sinulog, she got me tickets to all the events.

My favorite event was the Fluvial.

We met under the bridge in Mactan boarded a large boat and went off around 6am in the morning.

Hundreds of boats were in the water, everyone dancing, drinking, and enjoying the event.

The best thing, no crowds.

This event re-enacts the Santa Nino arriving to Cebu.

So the Highest Priest in Cebu is on a Special boat all dressed up, with his Spanish guards all dressed up, holding the Santa Nino.

So the hundreds of boats are all zipping around trying to get close to the Santa Nino and follow the boat around, in less than a few hours it's all done and over.

I'm hoping to find an available boat this year. 

Picks me up in my house and drops me off, best think to do during Sinulog!

164086_485014106229_7680445_n.jpg?lvh=1

sugbu777

No, just a big cluster f**k.

I agree. I am in Cebu every January. I watch the events on TV, sitting in the aircon and not having to worry about where is the closest CR. BTW my father (who is now passed away) was a retired USN FMF Corpsman and OR tech while in the Navy. I am a retired RMC.

SkyMan

So at least the traffic is getting back to normal now.