Sign in to follow this  
fury

BI Asks Aliens To Report (See Post 14 for Form)

fury

From today's edition of Manila Bulletin:

The Bureau of Immigration (BI) asked yesterday foreign nationals to report in person to any of its field offices
nationwide to legitimatize their continued stay in the country on or before Feb. 29, 2014. BI Commissioner Siefred Mison
issued the order to strictly enforce immigration rules and regulations on national security, public safety and order
as prescribed by the Alien Registration Act. Aliens who hold tourist visas are excluded, he said.

The BI chief said foreign nationals are requested to bring with them their electronic Alien Certificate Registration
(ACR) and fill up an application form.  The application form can be downloaded from the bureau’s website (www.
immigration.gov.ph ) or personally get a copy from any of the BI offices.
  • Like 1

CebuKano

I didn't realize that 2014 is a leap-year :D

• Like 3

Monsoon

I think they are making the window shorter than last year? I thought we always had the first quarter to do it? 

Now they want a form? Why complicate the process. Last year was very streamlined, at least at the headquarters. You just walked in to a special desk they and set up with your ACR card where they read it, issued you an order of payment slip, which you paid, received your OR and were off. 

Jawny

Is the Tacloban BI in operation? What about the Ormoc field office?

SkyMan

I didn't realize that 2014 is a leap-year :D

Only in the RP. 

Always been within the first 2 months of the year   nothing new

http://www.livingincebuforums.com/topic/61451-annual-alien-report/?p=676741

60 days I thought which is why it goes until Feb 29 which this year will be referred to as Mar 1 in the rest of the world.

• Like 4

mpt1947

Kinda defeats the purpose of having the ACR Card, if I have to have an application, photos and thumb prints - on the form - 

Are we sure about this?

GoHuk

Kinda defeats the purpose of having the ACR Card, if I have to have an application, photos and thumb prints - on the form - 

Are we sure about this?

Never had to have an application form before - simply show up with card - pay 310 - get receipt and leave.

Edit: OK, here's a link:

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/images/pdf/ANNUAL%20REPORT.pdf

No mention of an application form but it seems it is wise to take your passport.

Perhaps the officials and/or media are getting confused between 'report' and 'renewal.'

ANNUAL REPORT.pdf

Edited by Paul
added file for direct download
  • Like 2

SkyMan

What do they mean by "ask".

Salty Dog
Why complicate the process.

You are kidding, right? :yahoo:

It does say it's for national security, public safety and order.

Edited by Salty Dog

stevehann

Are we sure about this?

According to BI website, yes, we all have to fill out 4 pages of stuff they already know about us and add a picture and thumb prints.

Woolf

According to BI website, yes, we all have to fill out 4 pages of stuff they already know about us and add a picture and thumb prints.

Please give the URL

GoHuk

Like Woolf, please supply a URL.  I've just been trawling the BI site and can find no mention of an application form and, more pertinent, there is no annual report for ACR-I listed in the available document downloads.  (The media article reported the application form is available for download.)

Edited by GoHuk
  • Like 1

mpt1947

Here you go - this is what I am looking at 

http://immigration.gov.ph/index.php/information/announcements/2014-annual-report-forms-pdf

(FOR ALL TYPES OF VISA except EO 324/RA 7919)

ANNUAL REPORT A.pdf

(FOR EO 324/RA 7919 Grantees)

ANNUAL REPORT B.pdf

Edited by Paul
Added forms for direct download
  • Like 1

Alan S

I keep imagining a line of little green men with antenae queuing outside of the BI office.

Wonder what the official response would be?

• Like 1