Sign in to follow this  
rainymike

Christmas Dinner

passingby

Sounds like some GREAT dinners.  As for me I knew I would be by myself tonight so 3-4 days ago stopped by Marshals Irish Pub and was told they had a BUFFET at 490 for one plate and 790 all you can eat.  Great and I specifically asked if it was NET.  Yes Sir the answer to both questions.  So alone tonight I marched over to the pub.  On entry NO BUFFET so I asked and was told it was a plate fixed in the Kitchen.  Asked the price of 490 net -yes sir - BUT said that is total no tax or service.  Oh No Sir there is a service charge.After a personal visit and a phone call and  being pissed at being lied to I did not join the leprechauns for their dinner.  Perhaps Mr Marshal could get a new Leprechaun for the New Year that tells customers the real truth - and so tonight cook my own dinner and tomorrow the Marriott where I KNOW the quality and quantity will be GREAT.  Not as good as some of you have listed above but OK. (FYI my second and last bad experience at the pub)

SomeRandomGuy

Sounds like the pub that is not meant to be named is getting a bad name for terrible service lol

Mr. Mike

I'm going to crash Thebob's place for dinner with a some fruit cakes I bought last year. He will be so surprised!

....don't tell him I'm coming... :Yay:

broden

our Christmas dinner plans have changed.normally we don't go out at all on Christmas but our neighbor invited us to dinner so we're going.. so we moved our big Christmas dinner plans at home to tonight

2 days 2 feasts then we'll have to recover in time for new years

broden

I'm going to crash Thebob's place for dinner with a some fruit cakes I bought last year. He will be so surprised!

....don't tell him I'm coming... :Yay:

my Mom made great fruit  cakes cause she actually had some cake in  them the bought ones are usually far too packed with candied fruits to be called cake anything..

she always made at least 2 at Christmas..Dad would take one put it in a tin fill the rest of the room in the tin with rum or bourbon or whatever caught his fancy and save it for 12 months .. bust it out for the next Christmas  

another treat my Mom always made this time of year was mince meat cookies.. much much better than mince meat pie.. she taught my wife how to make all this stuff but we skipped them this year cause my son has taken an interest in learning how to cook so she has been busy with him with some simpler things.. they made soft and old fashioned gingerbread cookies last night

• Like 1

Salty Dog

Saw the evening news where they were interviewing Filipinos on the street and asking them what they were going to have for Christmas dinner. Out of about a dozen people at least 10 of them said spaghetti.

• Like 1

rainymike

Out of about a dozen people at least 10 of them said spaghetti.

We were saving the good stuff (spaghetti) for New Years...lol. But at least I've gotten the family used to spaghetti with an Italian sauce and no hotdogs.

Siuk

I don't even know yet, just doing as I'm told and making sage and onion stuffing. Boiling up the whole onions now.

She was up at 2.30am this morning and started baking. I woke up and she had made chocolate cake, mocha cake and oreo cheesecake.

I'm opening a fresh jar of apple chutney I made about 3-4 weeks ago. And I made chocolate fudge last night.  Will give that a good packing after lunch.

Have a good christmas all. Dont get too fat. I know I've put on a couple of pounds in the last week, stuffing myself silly with all sorts of crap.