Private Immigration Assistance Services

Tom in Texas

Moderator -- A friend of mine asked me about a service out of Cebu that assists with fiancé visas. I do not want to violate forum rules by stating the name of the service, if that is not permitted. I have read the forum rules, but am not sure.

If a moderator can respond - Q - Can I post the name of a commercial visa assistance service for purpose of getting others knowledge and/or opinions of the service?

USMC-Retired

Contact Shadow he does visa services and has a very good success rate with clients.  I have met a few very happy individuals with his service.  I would recommend him to anyone looking for a service.  

Edited by USMC-Retired
Davaoeno

I can see no problem with simply asking the question -  has anyone had any experience with XYZ company ?   Thats not exactly a promo . In fact I think when someone started talking about a restaurant here the replies were less than flattering - which certainly couldnt be taken as promoting the place .haha

And since you have no personal interest in the place.....

Edited by Davaoeno
If a moderator can respond - Q - Can I post the name of a commercial visa assistance service for purpose of getting others knowledge and/or opinions of the service?

Yes.

==========

And, for the record, he (Tom) wasn't asking for other options. He wanted permission to post the name of a company that offers visa assistance, to see if others have used it.

Let's stay on topic.

Edited by Paul
Tom in Texas

Thanks Paul.

My friend, who is about to begin the fiance visa process, has been in touch with Orvis Immigration And Travel Visa Support Services, based in Cebu, and is considering hiring them.

Has anyone had experience with this company?

Main concern is determining legitimate vs scam.

Thanks for any information based on actual experience.

You are probably talking about Olvis. If he is going to use them, good luck. 

Olvis has a VERY bad reputation regarding assisting people with Visas.

My advice: STAY AWAY! 

• Like 1
Tom in Texas

You are probably talking about Olvis....!

Olvis - Yes, you are correct... My misspelling.

Thanks for the correction and the comment.

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

I think the problem with visa services is people want to use a company that tells them what they want to hear vs. what reality really is. 

• Like 1

I used Olvis back in 2003 and had no problems.They actually did a good job.

Nangulo

The fiance visa process is really not that onerous.  All you have to be able to do is read and follow instructions and be patient.  There's a wealth of information on the internet from do-it-yourselfers and, as USMC-Retired stated, Shadow is quite knowledgeable on the latest changes. 

• Like 1

I used Olvis back in 2003 and had no problems.They actually did a good job. But if I were to do it again I would use a business who's owner is a member of this forum.

CardiacKid

I used Olvis once in 2009 for tickets to the U.S. They charged an extra 3% for using a credit card and then charged $400.00 to refund the tickets after I was hospitalized and couldn't make the trip. When I made the same reservations through Cathay Pacific's office in Ayala later, not only was the fares cheaper but no refund fees if you had to cancel due to illness. I am unaware of how they do on visas, but I would never trust them again. If your friend wants someone with a proven record and is trustworthy, I would recommend Larry,(Shadowseiko).

• Like 1

I have used this service severall times.... Very happy with their level of profesionalism and overall performance ,

http://www.cebuexpatservices.com

From what I heard Paul does a good job with Immigration assistance. 

I even use him to take care of my car registration and insurance. I can't be bothered doing it myself and like to support his business.

Okay. what part of my previous post are you people NOT able to read?

This has been asked, and answered anyway.