The best motorcycle…

I started riding when my age was single digits, maybe 7 or 8 or so, and graduated from around the farm to up in the hills and on the hills, then some track at the local MX, and finally to street. It scares me to see guys my age starting out on bikes but I guess it's OK.

• Like 2
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ronin

• Monsoon

• Irenicus

• Cipro

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My choice would be a Yamaha YBR125G.   (59k iirc)

I think riding in the west was perfect preparation for here.   Not on the streets but in an sandpit that everyone went to ride their dirt bikes.   Many beginners there so the rule was ride like yo

I second that.  Great bike for commuting and rough roads.  They stopped making them after 2012, so if you can get a low milage, well maintained used bike, you can't go wrong.  It gets over 90 miles pe

Posted Images

SkyMan

I'm just waiting on the shop to prep my YBR, which I just paid 58,000 for in Baybay, Leyte. Looks exactly like Salty's. I was originally shopping around for a CB110, because I thought they weren't selling YBR's anymore. Found one last one in a shop in Baybay and snapped it up. I wasn't even sure if that was a good price, but since it was cheaper than a CB110, I went for it. Seems its on par with what other members paid, so I'm pretty happy right now. Especially with the reviews you guys have given the bike. Can't wait to ride her back to Ormoc.

Let us know how long it takes you to get plates. That seems to be a sticking point with buying new bikes here.
SkyMan

This is the best motorcycle IMO. From a value, bang for the buck prospective.

For the US maybe, or somewhere else with roads. :)

Nice bike though, but I couldn't afford all the creature comforts so went with a Raider S.

Irenicus

Kawasaki KLR650 by a landslide.

A bud is selling one of those here in Duma.  Nice bike.

I just got my YBR125G yesterday and am loving it.  A nice, simple bike that gets incredible gas mileage and can handle a pot hole or two. Doing the break in thing now, so can't really go on any long trips for a while.  :(

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

A bud is selling one of those here in Duma.  Nice bike.

I just got my YBR125G yesterday and am loving it.  A nice, simple bike that gets incredible gas mileage and can handle a pot hole or two. Doing the break in thing now, so can't really go on any long trips for a while.   :(

And if your lucky you will see a license plate sometime before it is time to trade it in for another one. 

In China I bought some no name bike to get around (mainly because I wanted to be able to go back to my apartment should nature call and didn't realize there was a western toilet hidden in the office i was working until 6 months into the job. ) . No plates no paperwork nothing. Traffic cops never stopped me either because they couldn't communicate. Sometimes simplicity is just so sweet. 

Gave it away to one of the guys working for me there when I left. I thought he was going to faint. 

Edited by Monsoon
  • Like 1
  • Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

For the US maybe, or somewhere else with roads. :)

Nice bike though, but I couldn't afford all the creature comforts so went with a Raider S.

I've seen them at bike shows in the states. How much does that model cost here?? Here meaning Philippines... 

Edited by Monsoon
JamesMusslewhite

This is the best bike for the Philippines... 1994 Honda NX 650cc Dominator with cargo box.

531308_3528529491789_338824877_n.jpg

To show the height and profile of this beast, you only have to veiw it alongside my wife (she stands 5 foot tall)

528991_3528405768696_1031975509_n.jpg

and lt also the beast sitting next to the 2008 Lifan LF-250-4 Cyclone. It is heavy enough to ride well on wet roadways with the power to reach the most out of the way places and the speed to leave rude pecker-heads in your dust.

430943_4315650329318_336749575_n.jpg

Edited by JamesMusslewhite
Irenicus

This is the best bike for the Philippines... 1994 Honda NX 650cc Dominator with cargo box.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, we all know about your Dominator.  Sheesh, give us 125 cc dweebs a break, will ya.

Took a pic of this mini-monster the other day in Dumaguete.  The perfect Philippines beater bike for pothole-laden roads with just a wee bit of character thrown in.

post-14529-0-30052300-1388571074_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Yeah, yeah, yeah, we all know about your Dominator.  Sheesh, give us 125 cc dweebs a break, will ya.

Took a pic of this mini-monster the other day in Dumaguete.  The perfect Philippines beater bike for pothole-laden roads with just a wee bit of character thrown in.

attachicon.gifIMG_20131230_132623.jpg

Looks a lot like what I learned on ....

miles-high

Thanks, guys… My employee (who deserves a New Year’s bonus) wants a red Yamaha SZ16, so I guess that will be it… ;)

Hopefully, it is much better than his 10-year old Honda whatever… :D

Thanks again for your valuable input...

• Like 2
OrmocArse

Let us know how long it takes you to get plates. That seems to be a sticking point with buying new bikes here.

I was told it will be at least 2 months. 

Yamaha YBR 125G is my choice. They are still available at DES Marketing, Cebu and Lapu Lapu for P58,800 on the road with 12 months warranty, rego and insurance. They will even throw in a free helmet.

Got mine at DES marketing in Baybay City for that price as well. They threw in the same things, but also gave me a Yamaha riding jacket, which doesn't fit me of course!

They threw in the same things,

If you bought one before May of last year you could have got a free induction cooker!

It was so wacky I took a picture...  (Yamaha in Mandaue)

post-8276-0-29957500-1388642945_thumb.jpg

• Like 2
  • Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

I'm thinking of shipping my bike over. The resale market on Harleys in the US is dismal. Only going to get worse when all of the happy Indian owners start telling everyone just how happy they are.